Running into familiar Names, In-Game.

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Faust74, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I've bumped into a bunch of you at one time or another some in matches some in open world.
    Ive bumped into recespieces31 on occasion when he was on Icy Metal and me on my villain Deprive could have been BongRips at the time before they made me change my names
    seen Yoda around several times when he was on Caroll El
    Ive bumped into True Marvel a few times
    BeasteMorph and Revamp and Smoke from Replacements several times in matches with and agianst them I actually love when I get paired with or agianst any known PVP leauges
    I have had a few matches agianst Supermia

yea I always get a kick when I meet someone in game I have talked to on here makes it feel more like a community
  2. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

A real community, but I get the feeling that more PS3 players are on the forums looking at this thread.
    • Like x 1
  3. Breakforce Loyal Player

I see Kroye all the time, but he pretends he doesn't know who I am so that his friends don't think he is a nerd

Best ever moment like this though was the time Tractor and I are standing on the WT bridge. Toon walks up and asks "Are you the real Tractor?"
    • Like x 3
  4. Kroye Loyal Player

Trust me, they know.

You and yours almost made my post. You were to be the next thing I typed but ADD kicked and I got bored with the post. Believe it or not, It took me about 3 hours to type that inbetween the other stuff I'm actually supposed to be doing.

Truth be told, the first time I saw the Revengencers in-game, I got so caught up with seeing the Vengies that I left my raid to their own devices and almost caused a wipe against Talia. (This was back when that fight was open world.) Here I am chatting with you, accusing you of stealing my loot, and they're all dying wondering why Kroye isn't healing them. I got over to them just as the other healer went down...I was able to pop Savage Growth/Metabolism/Regeneration and revive the other healer just in time. To this day, I'm not sure if they realized we almost wiped because I was off being a Revengencers fanboy.

Side note about another Vengie - I've never actually seen Illunis in-game, but I have traded shouts with him a time or two back when he had the Jester Saint character. I think I called him Sabrecheater the chat hacker back then.
    • Like x 1
  5. Breakforce Loyal Player

Ohhhh a new Vengie tag line

"The Revengencers: We're Internet Famous"
    • Like x 2
  6. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

I've seen Twilight Man a few times in the WT and OMG in the WT and Robinson Park. I waved.
  7. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

I would be excited to see you, sir!
  8. Deathmike Devoted Player

I had a guy come up to me in the open world and ask me (in /say chat) if I was Deathmike, THE Deathmike, the one who soloed the Outer Caverns Raid.
    I think he was really overjoyed, it's not every day you get to meet a raid soloer.

Deathmike out.
    • Like x 1
  9. Shadow Vlad New Player

I ran into Omaar in a 2v2 earlier. We traded some kills, his teamate was much better than mine and I lost pretty badly lol.
    • Like x 1
  10. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

I see
    Not so loud. People will actually think we're cool.
    • Like x 1
  11. Minx New Player

Psst... The cool kids are nerds too!!! Just saying...
    • Like x 1
  12. uXix Committed Player

I see a few around last one I believe was Splinter Cell in lair pvp.
    • Like x 1
  13. Bishop New Player

I believe I ran with The Revegencers in a Gate run a little while back, was the only PuG in your league run but it was good.

Bishop
    • Like x 2
  14. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

You know at some point, we should all pick a day to meet up at some open world place and make a private chat channel to all hang out for a bit.
    • Like x 2
  15. Bishop New Player

Never, I cannot be seen in public with these ne'er do wells. I only just come out in the public and spoke of my time with Revengencers, and that was at least a month ago...

Bishop
  16. HealerHollidae New Player

Ive tried to set this up. Twice. Nerd Burner was the only one who showed up. And he didnt even have versus chat on lol
  17. Battle Man Committed Player

Hey, I'm not used to talking to other players.
    I didn't know I had to enable it in settings.

Plus, I don't talk to Heroes.

But yeah, it was pretty lonely on the empty rooftops of STAR Labs that night, to be sure.
    I'm down to try again though.
    • Like x 1
  18. ARI ATARI New Player

i was in group with patriot when we whooped you :D. we were like oh... theres faust from the forums, lets kill him.
    • Like x 1
  19. melvinpox Devoted Player

This is funny.
    I've heard that some people are actually forming a league to hunt down and beat the tar out of Melvin Pox.
  20. YodaDog New Player

You mean that thread from right before the old forums went down? pff.. if so, OP let that thing die on the vine and no plans were set that I saw... I woulda come...