Running into familiar Names, In-Game.

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Faust74, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Faust74 Loyal Player

We have a lot of Players here in the forums that post very regularly to the point you start to become familiar with them. Some of those player also carry the same forum name as they do, on their DCUO Villain or Hero. So how many of y'all have been playing out in the Open World or in Arenas or Else Where In-Game and ran into a Player from the Forums? And what do you do when you see them?

I'm a full time Villain and I have "ran into" more Heroes from the Forum than I have Villains. Well run into isn't the right words, more like kicked them in tha Face! Muah Ha Ha hahaha!

Anyways, ran into Yodadog in HQ Arenas on the Watchtower Map, I went after him while he was guarding a territory and long story short it didn't go well for my Healer. I think I ran into SuperMia during the St Patty's day event at the Superman Memorial. She flew in and I hit her with an Encasement, then all the Villains there were on here like piranhas. Not sure if it was her though, couldn't see her clearly enough with all the Villains surrounding her. Ran into Super Patriot a few times raiding the Heroes' HQ by Diamond Heist and also ran into *Cough* Ghetto *Cough* breeze and his Goons a few times. There's other but I don't want to make a book.

As for Villains, Carlynn and Soulmass had helped me record some video clips for a Halloween video I was making. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to finish it, because I lost half the video footage I recorded when my laptop crashed, while I was editing it. There is also other Villains I can mention, but I don't see them posting anymore since the forum merger.
    • Like x 5
  2. ZeroFive New Player

I've added a few posters as in game friends over the years.

I've run raids with TK Pusha, PVP'd with Super and a bunch more of thereplacements, and even hung out with the split personalities of Red Krampon or whatever he's calling himself at the time lol..

It's fun when you do run in to a name you recognize. You can always expect a little amped up game play experience as well. Those of us that post, seem to play a little harder then your average lurker.
    • Like x 5
  3. lalady New Player

hero usps3 I haven't run into anyone yet but feel free to add me.
    • Like x 1
  4. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

I know I've fought a few members of Most Wanted before in my time. Think I saw one or two of you in Lair 1v1 battles as well lately, but my memory being as horrible as it is I can't remember off the bat who those members were.
    • Like x 2
  5. Aiden Warren New Player

My Toons
    Aiden Warren
    AidenWarren
    BioGuide
    Matrix Core
    Lady Runes
    Prime Core
    • Like x 1
  6. Battle Man Committed Player

I found myself in a Lair Battle against Mr. Migraine just last Friday.
    Ended up capturing the fight on the second round once I saw it was him. I'll post it when I get it edited.

And I saw YodaDog's healer in Robinson Park way back when I actually played my hero Battle Man (formerly Captain Battle).

But that's really about it, which is odd since I spend most of my time in open world looking for fights.
    • Like x 5
  7. Delta795 New Player

Only ran into a few people that I knew from forums while in open world. Never met any in PVP or Legends though??
    TrueMarvel
    Heartsbane from the Rebels
    Yo Jimbo from the Rebels
    come to think of it I see Rebels all the time (minus Yoda)
    SuperMia (I think in WT)
    Ran PBG 2 nights ago with a couple guys from Kill Order & Justice Knights, recognized them from forums but can't remember their names!
    • Like x 1
  8. Mini Lini Loyal Player

I've seen a lot in-game. My name on here is different but my sig has my char name. Well the one I'm currently using.

Err... Everyone who hangs out at Metro General Hospital in PvP Phase!
    USPC Villain side is small so... You run into about everyone there eventually.

Also seen Obsidian Chill once... His USPC character... I attacked him and it didn't go too well lol.
    • Like x 1
  9. Doc Holliday New Player

I killed the OBOT with True Marvel the other day. Ive ran into a few ppl on the forums and usually stop to at least give a wave.

I admit it is kinda neat running into ppl you have seen on the forums.
    • Like x 1
  10. risen New Player

I see some of the rebels in the watchtower. Fought a few of the replacements in 1v1 but other than that nope and im on every day lol but my forum name isnt my ign but I have ran into players I've played with before in raids
  11. recespieces31 New Player

I am saddended you didn't remember my Tank, Icy Metal, we ran into each other in Gotham once and beat a few Heroes down near Robinson Park by Mr. Freeze stuff

I have ran into Yoda (heh, crushed his head under my boots), Mr Migraine (for a Controller, he is tough), Metamax (as Screaming Vengence), PerfectLegend and I have had quite a few tells from people in-game saying they recognize me from the forums
    • Like x 1
  12. Battle Man Committed Player

Dang, my bad. That sure sounds like something we'd do.
    I used be high a lot when I played, so who knows what I've missed.

I was part of Murphy AD when I played Battle Man, but I took a long break and came back to find they had all left to join The Rebels.
    So I've played with Screaming Vengeance, and briefly leagued with some of them. But I no longer had time to play two toons, and I had to pick....Nerd Burner wins.
    • Like x 2
  13. ZeroFive New Player

I miss Meta World Max's forum shenanigans, tell him to bring the troupe outta retirement!
  14. Feenicks New Player

I don't PVP much, but I've bumped into a few of you folks. It IS pretty cool when that happens.

By the way, Feenicks is my ingame name, too.
    • Like x 2
  15. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

I've seen you in Legends PvP, think our first encounter was Future Batman (me) vs Superman (you) on the Moon. That was a fun fight. :)
    • Like x 2
  16. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I run into forum people pretty much on a daily basis...usually give them a wave emote or something then go on my merry way to fight villany
    • Like x 1
  17. YodaDog New Player

I also get a kick out of seeing some of you guys in the game. I dont remember the WT match, Faust, but i did catch you at the St Patties race about a month ago.. I gave a bow, not sure if you saw me though.

Tip of the hat to all my forum peeps I have spotted at various points in-game: Faust, Icy, all The Rebels of course, Radium (yea, I saw you chasin and waxin me at the last CEC XD), PerfectLegend, NexGen, H2Pwn, Flightboy, LoadingScreens, Zpirit, OMG, Delta795, Forsaken R... sure Im missing a few..

Never seen TM.. Lookin forward to that day..;)
    • Like x 4
  18. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

Saw Nekron at the DMV when I renewed my CDL. He took my picture!
    • Like x 5
  19. YodaDog New Player

OOOhhh, also too. I saw SoylentBob the other day.. I switched phases immediately. Bob is scary..
    • Like x 4
  20. tak Level 30

ya, i always stop and wave...its like yall are celebrities! :p
    • Like x 3