Running into familiar Names, In-Game.

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Faust74, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Statman New Player

I've been recognised before by players, and I occassionally run into some of the forum posters I know are from EUPS3. I don't think I'm worthy of being recognised though, I just post a lot of crap, haha.
  2. Ilunis Dedicated Player

I've run into (and run with once during last year's summer event) Kristyana (very chill guy), leagued and PvP'd with Magnificent (who has a drinking problem), chatted up Disasterpiece for tips, bumped into Brit and got to have a "hello, neighbor!" moment (also during the summer event), ran a five-man Kahndaq fail raid because whatever with Splinter Cell, agreed to two man the Vault with Minx (because we are so OP), joked around with Longhorn Tex via tells occasionally (I miss him) and PvPd with one of the biggest jerks in the game.....and I can't thank him enough. I also chatted with Ivy Bird from Odyssey during a brief visit to EUPC.
  3. nevadafenix395 New Player

I've seen people from here plenty of times... usually spot Carlynn more than anyone else, I'd say. Nobody ever notices me, though. :(

I say we need to have a Forumites day on DCUO, let all of us get together and raid/pvp or something!
    • Like x 1
  4. Ace1 Dedicated Player

I spotted carlynn in Gotham and I think I saw radium in 5v5 or vs chat.
    • Like x 1
  5. Stitch Well-Known Player

I like this thread. I have seen quite a few people from the forums.

And for anyone who waved to me and I didn't respond, don't take it personal. I don't really pay attention to anything.
    • Like x 2
  6. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Man, I see you around every so often....but you never wave ;)

I've been recognised once - but I forgot by whom. Being on the EUPS3 side, the odds of coming across a forumite seem pretty low :( Although I have had the pleasure of raiding with Battery.
  7. Alice Liddell Well-Known Player

Alice Liddell.
    EUPC!
  8. Octantis New Player

Fought against Liongale and Splinter Cell in a 4v4 Safehouse. My PuG lost to them, but I think I still managed to kill them a few times ;)

Got paired up with Daddio in a 5v5. Lost that one. Sorry, Daddio, I was on an Arkham losing streak that day and just had the bad luck of getting put on my team, lol.

Oh and Deathmark joined my League run of Wayward Souls once. Somehow they kicked me out of it even though I was the better DPS o_O
  9. Dephyre Committed Player

I run into lots of Rebels and Justice Knights, some of the other names on the forums frome time to time, but someone i haven't seen in awhile IG is Ghettobreeze, what happened to him and his arch gear remarks!?
  10. BlackWingBeyond Committed Player

Got grouped w/ Splinter Cell for Sbot once, I've seen Deathmark a couple times, ran w/ Enickma for Mbot once. Can't think of too many others...
    • Like x 1
  11. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Saw ZuseofGods the other day. Said Hi and introduced myself. He had no idea who I was! Joke's on me, huh!?!
  12. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

I keep seeing Jeff Spicoli. I think he's stalking me.
    • Like x 1
  13. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

I've seen quite a few people from here. MelvinPox, Faust74, Ace1, AlTheButcher, and Gadget Switch today. I'm positive there's more I'm just not thinking of right now.
    • Like x 3
  14. Soulmass Well-Known Player

I've ran into Aqua and TK_PUSHA both in Lair Batlles. Really fun matches :)
    • Like x 1
  15. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Oh yeah! I've seen Aqua and TK too.
    • Like x 1
  16. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

I'll occasionally "bump into" people when I visit USPC, but the term doesn't really apply so much for EUPC since we all seem to know each other anyway.

Not unsurprisingly though I've started getting a lot more "hey, are you THE Tesseract?" tells after our stint on Friday Night Legends.
  17. Im Charlie New Player

never seen any of u in game besides the occasional lfg, trade, shout, versus. 5v5, etc. :(
  18. Kroye Loyal Player

I think Kris was my first "DCUO forum celeb sighting" ages ago (back around fall 2011). Cool dude. I'm not even a fire tank, and I think I was star struck coming across Kris in the WT.

Back in the days before he was in Fami and before HoB, I remember ninja'ing Yziah (Ka Chow is the toon he was on I think) into an <Is Amazing> group for Arenas - his ability was inconceivable even back then, and I'd never actually crossed paths with him in game somehow. I always loved his forum posts about pvp, so when I saw him, I was like "Hey, that's Yallander, invite him for pvp, quick!"

Not too long after that I had the pleasure of pugging into an an Ace Chemicals alert to find Great Brit (Agent) in my group - that was a really neat moment, and actually materially rewarding too. I mentioned in group chat I was looking for Snake legs and Agent send me some in the mail after the alert. Super nice person even off the forums.

There've been other moments like that, but those were the early ones I remember most. Lately, I just haven't been as star-struck seeing forum folks in game. More often, I see folks on the forum and wonder "Who the **** is this guy in game?"
    • Like x 1
  19. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

i have run into people in game. i have been run into by people in game. Good community is hard to avoid.
  20. melvinpox Devoted Player

I have been run over by people in the game.