Ring of Omnipotence

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by exil3d, Jan 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Aerovenger Dedicated Player

Only greedy scum would do this. So...its obviously not going to happen! :cool:
    • Like x 1
  2. Wizz Tron New Player

That's their whole point of "test" servers
  3. Agnetta Dedicated Player

for sure. let it drop on test to get people salivating then pull the old switcheroo.
    • Like x 2
  4. BumblingB I got better.

A ring that I will never see, EVER.

Plus, it's just a DPS ring. -_- You would get more from a role 90 ring with an expert mod with affinity bonus, right?
    • Like x 1
  5. Superskull85 Devoted Player

You get about the same. It would be more optimal to get the extra Health and Precision even with the red socket.

Edit: The IL 90 ring has Restoration of 122 and an Affinity of 35 Restoration. So that is a total of 157 or a difference of 13 Restoration (26 Restoration total with two). Considering you get a considerable more Precision, Power, Health, Vitalization and Dominance (which can also be used for healing) I would drop 26 Restoration for it personally. Also Expert mods could be added to both so they don't really weigh in much on the difference (they cancel each other).

Edit 2: If you factor in that Dominance can be used for healing as a Healer you get an effective 16 more Restoration (32 total) since Dominance = Restoration for a Healer for the most part. So yeah, I would use that ring as a Healer. :)
  6. X-zero Loyal Player

Thanks for showing it but just looks like something else I will never get.

And if by someway I luck up and get it then it won't be on my main.
    • Like x 1
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Ugh, I wish they wouldn't put this in to just drive replays. Oh well.
    • Like x 1
  8. Superskull85 Devoted Player

IL 90 has a total of 70 Vitalization per ring including Affinity. Tank one has 30 Dominance total per ring so only a 1 Dominance difference (2 with Tank buff, so 4 in total). The Health increase overshadows the Dominance decrease.

So in summary that ring in the first post will be the best definitive ring in the game. That is now your carrot! ;)

This is assuming there isn't a better IL 90 ring that drops from Assault and Battery.
  9. Flightboy New Player

I understand your concern, but you could just throw say a vit and pres or vit and might etc and probably (strict speculation here) still get more vit than the top troll rings... So, still a winner even if it's not unattuned. :)
    • Like x 1
  10. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

Come now, BB. You'll see it when you inspect randoms in the Watchtower.

Whilst it's nice to see the orange again, I'd rather have had another one with a style piece - at least you don't grow past the styles as you will eventually these stats.
    • Like x 3
  11. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Agreed...I imagine those that won the helm of omnipotence when T5 came out were disappointed, but at least they could still sport the style
  12. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Well, you have to keep in mind that everyone will want two of these. That may give it a slightly better drop rate than the single piece helm; maybe not.

I would think they would want you to get one so that you see it's possible; then you'll keep trying to the end of the earth because it's real to you then.
  13. aceCase Committed Player

Of course they will 'forget' to put it in the loot table.
    • Like x 2
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

15. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

No no, it's there, they just need to increase the droprate! :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  16. Whiteroom New Player

cant please everyone. this is something i like, though they will be watched closely after that Traces bs they pulled. Will they attempt to gain trust back, or go for the greed.
  17. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Well its just a ring so if it "disappears" for a few months it won't be the end of the world but it will sell replays either way .
  18. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

This community is built for SOE content, w/e they put out we eat it
  19. NeoExodus New Player

It wouldn't be OMNIPOTENCE without it. Kinda in the name
    • Like x 2
  20. Little Sister New Player

As a side note, if you are DCUO video maker, please make sure you know how to say "Omnipotence" before posting to YouTube. I've heard so many people mispronounce it and it makes me gag lol
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.