Ring of Omnipotence

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by exil3d, Jan 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 13igtyme Devoted Player

How have you only done prime 15 times?

When prime came out and it was hard for most pugs, my league was farming the raids for the helm. We would do it 5-10 times a week for the first three months... On all my toons. Not once did I ever see it drop and I still haven't seem it drop to this day on any of my toons.
    • Like x 2
  2. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Happy that PVP exists? ok...

Happy that this ring exists on top of not so slim random drop upgrades all after being assured by the devs that we weren't going to be as focused on random drops... no i'll continue to be disappointed that it exists.

Sell them replays people!
    • Like x 2
  3. Little Sister New Player

Why are so many people saying it shouldn't have Toughness ? I'm not understanding that.
    • Like x 3
  4. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

This is why random drops are bullcrap.

15 times?

15!

I've done that many PBs in a day way back when.

Still not even seen a freakin helm drop.

SMH devs, SMH.
    • Like x 2
  5. Sumeric New Player

Probably because it encourages the use of an item that is only obtainable in PvE content in PvP scenarios. It's an ideology, of sorts...
  6. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

It's a PVE item, acquired randomly from the top tier PVE. So you have to do a lot of PVE to progress to the top tier of PVE, and then get lucky in the PVE content, did I say PVE enough?

And now it's going to be by FAR the best PVP ring...
    • Like x 4
  7. Flightboy New Player

I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want and then I want some more! :)
  8. Fruity Reaper New Player

They are on test though, what do you reckon on them making it to live still with toughness stat attached?
  9. Fruity Reaper New Player

Well all colours can have mods that are beneficial added, just some are more beneficial than others
  10. Frostbight New Player

Ok I stopped playing this game for soooooo long. Then I got a ps4 and my old league mates were like lets fire up Dcuo and see whats out. Well long story short... I NEED THIS RING IN MY LIFE! When does dlc9 come out so I can run this over and over like prime to get nothing.
    • Like x 1
  11. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

remove toughness for what? pvpers like myself would kill to get our hands on an object like that to make us truly stand above the rest. are you kidding me? that's what you have a gripe with? i say the toughness stays.
    • Like x 2
  12. Radium Devoted Player

I got it a little worse than you did though.

Ran it back in the day on a Wednesday, 7 league members and 1 pug pick-up cause we were short a troll. This dude was just starting T4, barely had amazon gear on.

Helm drops and we collectivly ****. Everyone rolls and who do you think got it?

And thats my story of the only Helm drop I've seen.
  13. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Honestly probably 100% that they will release it as is...well assuming it actually is on the loot tables when pushed live.

It'll sell replays, so they don't give a hoot about our opinions.
    • Like x 2
  14. Black House New Player

Pah, if it is anything like the helm STILL is, then who cares? The odds of this dopping in "your" raid are so slim as to be negligable. But of course it HAS to "drop" on test completley by "accident" so we can go back to our leagues as say "gosh darn it chaps, just saw a bang ho spiffying ring that drops in DLC9, your all going to want it, even you PVP johnnys, " or some such thing...

If the loot table is as rubbish as T5 then these type of drops are nothing more than a kick in the teeth for regular players.
  15. Elusian Crowd Control

I'm with the ppl who are for removing the Toughness stat on it. PvPers shouldnt being forced to replay the heck out of PvE just to get the highest obtainable stats item (and in that case twice). I highly doubt any dev will defend this with a logical statement though cause its far from being logical.
    • Like x 3
  16. Zerefu New Player

I have run Prime literally every week (And before T5 content, I reset it, so multiple times a week for half of the overall time) for about 17 months, and I haven't even SEEN the Helm Of Omnipotence.
    • Like x 2
  17. Black House New Player

Actually werent there supposed to be a new tier of rings in the vault?
    Because what is the point of getting a cr78 ring when you are cr 101?
    • Like x 2
  18. NeoExodus New Player

Never seen it drop and I used to run PRIME religiously.

I've seen 3 others with it but man that would be a nice ring to have. If the helmet and ring were top scale with Tiers and be retained through each iteration. The extremely low drop rate would be acceptable.
    • Like x 1
  19. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

I don't think it should be a super rare drop. I think it should cost 5 cents :)
  20. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

IIRC it was some bad phrasing or someone saying something that wasn't true, or maybe just a rumor, but either way IIRC the official word was no new promethian rings (which now drop in the vault instead of boxes).

They're a powerleveling tool for alts, that's it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.