Ridiculous crafting system.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ProfessorKanua, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Veritasum Loyal Player

The marks cost is the least disheartening part of crafting IMO. I am constantly running stuff without getting any marks because I forget I'm capped, AKA I have nothing to do with marks. So the plans, enhancers and whatever else is not a big deal at all. In fact, when I am aware of my cap issues, I go ahead and end up buying all of the crafting plans even though I've only used 2-3. And I also stock up on the enhancers.

It could use a slight uptick in scrap yielding, but I think they've already done that as it seems to me I yield more scraps now than I did when this system launched. Anyways, it's whatever. If I have the scraps to craft something I craft it, if not it's RNG or vendor. These days it's more RNG since they upped the drop rate. Those who claim they "never" get purple or the same piece over and over again are extremely beyond unlucky or are exaggerating to fit into the forum model.

Anyway, GL out there.
  2. Malachee Committed Player

Unbelievable. I just don't know where to even begin. Spytle said random loot drops are "An exciting chase"!!??

"AN EXCITING CHASE"!!!??"

Once again it just shows for how long things have been out-of-touch with the formation of this game.
    • Like x 4
  3. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

Also, said this:
    In other words, people will spend more replays if the drops are really good.
    • Like x 3
  4. Backseid Devoted Player

I have no idea how my reply ended up like that. Lol
  5. Backseid Devoted Player

The exaggeration is that you think its normal to be so over flooded with Marks.
  6. Ully Committed Player

Uh, there's too much common sense in this thread. But seriously, I agree with the OP and many others. This crafting system needs to be tuned up because atm, it sucks.
    • Like x 4
  7. Veritasum Loyal Player

I'm sure it's not normal for many. But I do play when I log on and there are plenty of instances that give marks. Whether or not it's enough, fair, repetitive, boring, easy, hard, etc. is another argument.

On the side of it's not enough, then you're not playing the instances that give marks. You're not participating in the system and expect to have the same rewards as those that are. That simply doesn't make sense.

Again. Whether there should be a mark cap, relevancy, difficulty, mechanics, more solos that give more marks and all of the other good stuff is a different conversation, but the marks are there. But, I understand if people don't want to participate in the current system for several valid reasons.
    • Like x 1
  8. ErnieB Loyal Player

Problem with the second statement is that it's not rare if you can build it, it's not rare if you know where to find it (as in there's only 1 piece of content every month that actually has it, it's not even that random), and it's not rare when you know it will be replaced by something better 2 months later. Before rare gear was either gold gear or things like Hand Of Fate gear, now I don't understand how they can still call purple drops rare when even alerts give them, and like I said we know where every piece drops anyway, at least before you had things like Traces or Kryptonian gear that you knew had different locations to find.
    • Like x 2
  9. VariableFire Loyal Player

The emphasized part is probably true even if no one official will ever admit it. It unfortunately continues the trend of R&D being an uninspiring wasteful aspect of the game. Heck, looking at how much it cost to just build the utility belt uninspired me to play my main (who is currently sitting at 152 just cause, even with better unattuned drops in my possession).
    • Like x 1
  10. Senko Committed Player

Or like me you spent 3 hours last night trying to get a feat (tank just couldn't hold agro and adds kept getting lose and killing the group). I rarely have any marks much less enough to hit the cap. I'd love to have that much free time to play the game enough to complete every daily mark giving instance and still chase feats I need. However I don't, last night I spent more time than I should (I only have an hour free time between getting home and needing to be in bed for 8 hours sleep) chasing a feat, the night before I actually got 8 hours sleep because I had a major exam for work, the one before that I spent getting LPVE feats I still need. For many of us playing we can't AFFORD to spend the time necessary to get a pile of marks, can't find a group, aren't playing popular content or one of many other reasons for a mark shortage. Even if I could I wouldn't feel the RND system is worthwhile or properly balanced as I said when they revealed it you need to put in a lot more work for one piece than a person who gets 3 elite ones from one run does.

As for the drops I'm STILL trying to get the shoulders to drop from phantom zone all I get are feat/hands, feat/hands, feat/hands. Then of course when they "reset" things this week all my boosts in the generator got turned off along with my belt so I had to spend an extra 38 marks on that I wasn't expecting too which was originally intended to buy the vendor mask for my heal role.
    • Like x 1
  11. Veritasum Loyal Player

Like I mentioned, not everyone can/does the same thing. If you don't have time to put into something, then you will/should get less in return. Whatever it is that you put more time into, I'm sure is paying more dividends. But you should not receive equal or close to equal rewards as someone who puts considerable more time into the game and is playing the current system we're in.

I've been pug life my 5 years here and I know about hours in an instance. Not all of your time in game will be an efficient one. We could only wish it was. I think the disconnect with crafting is that people think it's an option rather than a last ditch effort (like it is) to finish a set like your shoulders. I've crafted two pieces to date that completed sets for me. But I don't put forth effort into that specific systems. I just let it happen as I get there.

If you have limited time/resources, then enjoy the game for what it allows for you to enjoy. Don't get caught up in "keeping up." If keeping up is your thing, then you have to play in the system and spend more time in it. I personally spend about a total of 10-15 hours a week logged on. Some weeks a little more. I enjoy running alts, but at those hours and pug lie, I've come to accept that I cannot keep up with all my alts, so I just dabble whenever and I'm cool with that. Anyway, GL out there, hope you get your shoulders.
    • Like x 1
  12. DarthJafo Committed Player

I've been hanging to stacks and stacks.of the dust stuff. Also got.lots of scraps but if better drops come from raids then other than style feat what's the point?
  13. MrB Dedicated Player

Things like this make me think that Loki is actually real and part of dbg dcuo team. Pretty much everything that's been implemented sounded really good at the start but ended up being terrible.
    • Like x 4
  14. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

Lol the crafting system was implemented to make it look like there was a alternative to the raid gear dropping , when in reality you will never be able to craft most of these pieces before they fall out of relevance.
    • Like x 4
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Maybe you should be looking at the people who demanded that the best gear needed to be drop-only, because this half-***** semi-system wouldn't exist unless that decision had been made.
    • Like x 1
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The drop system and crafting system are both built on the reality of gear being useful for 3 months/12 weeks, and the intent of it taking about 6-8 weeks to achieve a full set in total. That whole concept of a quarter's worth of content being spread out over a quarter is lost on/rejected by the community, though, and we have noted the feedback.
    • Like x 3
  17. Sleeping Forest Active Player

The only gripe I have with the crafting system is the obligatory items like the face and rings. If they were droppable and NOT craftable only, I'd be a happy camper.
    • Like x 3
  18. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I really was hoping the crafting system would of been a way to add special effects to armor and weapons like in almost every other game with a crafting system but was I wrong it turned out to something that nobody really wanted at the cost it is.
    • Like x 2
  19. Brother Allen Loyal Player

When I came back from a PVE break at the beginning of this year I decided to craft the Chest that comes from Blackest Night. Never...again. It is quite ridiculous the amount of crap it takes to craft a piece of gear.
    • Like x 5
  20. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I think at this point the only people pushing for best gear being drops work on the game almost everyone is just tired of the monthly chase for a piece of gear .
    • Like x 3