Reserve Tank Mod, is it broken?

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Scarlet, Mar 11, 2013.

1. DARKKNIGHT New Player

1st time using this mod as electric dps, & I've noticed the same thing. PoT refills, but instant power doesn't.
    Please fix.
    • Like x 1
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are (and have been) investigating.
    • Like x 8
  3. ARI ATARI New Player

finally!
    its been broken since it came out. i can be in a duo with someone and cant top them off.
  4. Ice Knight Well-Known Player

Can you please make it so Penetrating Strikes and Core Str show up as a buff under the tab, after testing it looks like they dont work and you do the same damage with or without either mods
  5. SoulflyMike42 New Player

Same problem here! When I am backup troll I will be right behind the Power over time troller on POWER OUT scoreboard due to Reserve Tank being worn bye me. If the power bar of a Reserve Tank mod wearer like myself is 20% or lower on blue bar l receive power recharge and POT, but if am at 75% or more they will NOT receive POT or recharge. Due to this glitch so far the POWER OUT on the scoreboard will not be fair. Please fix this DCUO devleopers!? I miss my Reserve Tank:)
  6. SoulflyMike42 New Player

My buddy and fellow league mate explained to me very well: "if someone has a full power bar and the person with the reserve tank has about 70% power it may seem as though he is low and not geting power but technically that persons 70% power bar is equal to the other persons 100%. So whether you have it or not you still will be in range of that the other persons power. So, all reserve tank does is add more power for a few more recharges. It doesn't stop you from receiving the power at all".

**I have Total of 4800 power wearing reserve tank with my power bar at LESS HALF on the screen =
    1900 power left
    (==/ )

**A DPS Total of 3200 power without reserve tank with his power bar at HALF on the screen =
    1600 power left
    (=====/ )

EVEN though my power bar looks low I still have more power than the DPS. This is why DPS gets the recharge and I do not. RESERVE TANK IS NOT GLITCHED its just the way people are looking at the left screen and people blue bar.
    • Like x 5
  7. Darth Loyal Player

This is a comment I made on another thread on the topic. I thought I'd post it here for further clarification on the Reserve Tank tactical mod. Mike's post was exactly right. People just need to understand the implied math behind the mod. It is not glitched.
    • Like x 3
  8. Kyzax New Player

Greatly appreciate the clarification on this issue! I apologize to anyone that's reading this that I've strongly suggested to change out the Reserve Tank tactical mod due to misinformation that I've received in the past. The above explanation makes perfect sense now that I've looked into the issue.
    • Like x 2
  9. Zerefu New Player

Testing it out it looks like it I'd truly a bug. Say you have 2k power and reserve gives you 875 now you have 2875 power, great. Now the problem is you always have +875 power. You can use a move that uses 1000 power putting you at 1875 then another that uses 1875 power bringing you to 0, right? Wrong! The issue is you ALWAYS have +875 so at absolutely 0 power, you have 875 which means the controller mechanics see you as having more power on general than everyone else so a guy with 100 power left will get recharge even though you have 0 because the game reads 875. I hope I made that understandable
  10. The Klepto New Player

Mepps it's October 1st. How long does it take to investigate that reserve tank just needs a simple tweak? Your post was July 8th it's now October 1st. Do the math...
    • Like x 1
  11. Massah Committed Player

Not quite - it is not that The Controller Mechanic sees you as having the +875, if you are actually at Zero then you will be the lowest and will receive power.

The issue is that the Controller Mechanic grants power to the lowest 3 team-members numerically. So if you have 1/4 of a power bar of say a 4000 power pool (Thinking T5 Healer using with a CC Trinket activated and/or possibly on a Power Soder) and you are grouped with 5 people 1 being a controller and the other 4 have power bars around a 1000 (They can also just remove all gear) the Controller Mechanic will not allow you to receive instant power until your power -bar is below the 1000 limit. You can have other party members with no gear to further lower their power bar and thus the Healer or player with gear still on will not receive instant power until their power drops below other teammates numerical value and not the % value (or visually depleted).

The part of the Mod that was/is glitched and amplifies this - is when it counts the 875 twice. so in reality you get an extra 1750 added to your power bar. Now visually your power-bar will look empty almost all of the time because other players most likely will have a power bar value about 1/2 of your full power bar. (As a Troll in T5 -(87HB /88 DW weapon 85 face, 86 head, 87 shoulders, 87 neck, 88 hands, 88 back, 86 waist, 86 chest, 87 feet, 86 legs, 87 ring, 88 ring, 88 utility belt) - I have 2600-ish power pool and I believe some healers were already at 3k before the Reserve Tank and or cola/trinket - they cannot receive instant power until they have less power than me and the other team- mates) If you have 3 power hungry DPS that keep their power bar low or near 1/4- visually the issue you have as a Healer or player with an inflated power bar is that you need to be at 1/8th or 1/16th visually to receive power if three other members are keeping their power bars so low -as they may not have the least power visually but will have the least power numerically.

If you want to always get instant Power from a Controller either keep the smallest power-pool to guarantee you "are the most fatigued" - One of the 3 smallest numerically powered - OR encourage others to be more efficient with Power (if this means not running with power hungry DPS then do so.....if controllers do not feel like giving power to the Hungry DPS then when the healer needs power they will not get it because the DPS will have been the lowest numerically and like-wise the two controllers most likely can fall into the lowest category if they are bouncing instant power back and forth and do not get the time to weapon regen or colas are on cool-down. As they have a smaller numerical value they and usually eat power at a great rate trying to keep others powered-up. If you have a clip-happy Tank compounded with the power-hungry DPS and trolls depleting their power to keep a group powered then yes you will see a low-power Raid group.
    *Ideally if you want a Healer to always get instant power - you have them negate the Reserve Tank, but alos ask everyone else in the group to pick-up the reserve tank - this allows for the healer to be more eligible as to having one of the 3 lowest numerically valued power-bars and thus they will receive instant power - as having them negate the increased power pool and having the other members equip the increased power-pool helps to level the numerical power-pool levels so that the visually (%) most fatigued is closer to the actual numerically fatigued.
    • Like x 3
  12. SoulflyMike42 New Player

Massah is correct. If someone is wearing Reserve Tank and have 0 or lowest power left in their pool they will / or should get a recharge. The reason I believe that Mepps has not posted about this again is that they have investigated and noticed there is actually nothing wrong with this Mod. It is about the math of the players power stats bye #'s not what there blue bar looks like on the left side of the screen.

Just a quick example of what people are looking at on the left side blue bars and saying this is glitched:

If you look at the blue bar on left side-
    Reserve Tank Modded character with 3800 Total Power
    (>>>>>________) Half blue bar = 1900 Power left

Non-Reserve Tank character with total 2800 Total Power
    (>>>>>________) Half blue bar = 1400 Power left

When a Instant Power is thrown it will go to the person with the lowest Power left in their STATS. In this case both people have half blue bar but the Non-Reserve Tank character will get the recharge because of Power Stats (#) not what the blue bar looks like.

Another example which can get people really off! :
    Reserve Tank Modded character with 3800 Total Power
    (>>>>>_______) Around 40% power left = Maybe 1700 Power stat left

Non-Reserve Tank character with Total 2800 Total Power
    (>>>>>>>>>____) Around 70% power left = Maybe 1500-1600 Power stat left (This person will get the Recharge)

Please, Reserve Tank is doing its job well and due to +875 Power to you stats you will have an extra 3 power spams such as Instant Power which costs 280 to use, so for me as Troller it is very useful. I do not or ever will equip Core strength because Damage is not my primary goal. It is reserving and producing power to my group, and Reserve Tank will help significantly for this purpose
    Not because of what their blue bar looks like but because the actual Power Stats left in (#)
    • Like x 1
  13. Infinity New Player

This seems like a simple problem that has taken forever to get fixed.
    • Like x 1
  14. CAAR New Player

Has a Video been provided?
    DPS POV. Sparring Bots, Showing Combat Tab.
  15. Darth Loyal Player

There is no bug. Please see my post above for an explanation of how the mechanics change when someone uses the Reserve Tank tactical mod. It is simple math and should not be confused with the mod being bugged.
    • Like x 2
  16. CAAR New Player

if people can just provide videos and Math and timing and track every amount of Power. A Video ends the whole Debate

Max Size Chat Box For Combat Tab and Ask a GM for a Copy of it as well to help this Issue.
    And Math, Numbers, Power Chart.

Simple Task.
  17. Sytenia Committed Player

About 4 people have properly explained what is happening now and if you ask me they explained it very clearly, a video is not going to add anything to it and isn't just a simple task, I don't even know how to do it.
    All the numbers and mechanics are in their posts too, they all explain the same thing.
    • Like x 1
  18. Zerefu New Player

That was the initial problem, that healers weren't getting power dump but the new issue is that when you get to the point of low power reserve tank says you have 875, this still applies that recharge won't hit you until you're low, but it also comes up that you have more power even when you actually don't. If you have 1k power with reserve tank and someone has 1k spec up without reserve tank, the reserve tank guy will never register 0 power because reserve tank always shows at least 875 it's two problems at once really
    • Like x 1
  19. CAAR New Player

They have, but clearly people here are not believe what they are saying, and are all going at it here into debates, and arguments, and seeing is believing, not believing what they are saying in their posting and not believing Screenshots Either, I Understand what you are saying, but they are still going at it, "You are wrong, no You are wrong, it is a bug, no its not a bug, (Logical Numbers Of Details Here) And people will be jerks to that.

And a Video will solve rather people likes it or not.
    Or Just watch here as never ends.
  20. Sytenia Committed Player

That's a good point but I think it's more a problem with people not reading trough all the posts that causes it. If someone posts a video about it good chance they will just ignore that too. The title of the thread also names the reserve tank but the reserve tank doesn't really have anything to do with it, it's just another way to increase your maximum power. The OP knows about it but can't change the title.
    I guess some people just see the title and come in to post whatever they feel is wrong with it whithout actually testing it or reading any of the other posts, others that do know about the problem will just try to correct them. This will probably go on for a while. :p
    • Like x 1