Request to BUFF survival mode to neutralize Flurry shot

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Badname392023, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

Currently artifacts dicatate a lot like difficulty for tanks, dmg for dps etc. Maybe for next SM might dps will be a must in case we get some op might artifact.

One thing that is also important to look at is that handclap and taser pull both do good dmg. Other troll powers like quantum, muni and mental dont really have strong powers like these that can be used by themselves and after having 2 debuffs possibly 3, a SC and power dump there isnt much more space to create a decent battle troll loadout. This leads to prec becoming a viable option were all you really need is the attack buff which all powers have.
  2. Yaiba Committed Player

About prec and might troll, I asked one of your friend and he said that he got around 23k with DW on ST, meanwhile with might, without the Claw and Verum artifacts, I got almost 22k so might is still viable (and I had 3 debuffs as well), but why I still believe might troll is better than prec troll :D . The downside is like you said, for might troll (Light...) , it might be difficult to help the tank to counter the bosses.

Sadly, I don't see much might battle troll,.....
  3. myandria Item Storage

LOL! :D
    You guys better be glad I'M not a dev on the SM team: I would make all mobs and bosses immune to flurry shot WM coming from characters who have support roles (Healer, Controller). If a support role character changes to DPS and uses flurry shot WM then their damage would be cut by 50%. I would make all soders, crafted or not 5% less effective every 5 rounds, including the Bottled City Soder. At round 25 I would have random elemental hazards; slow and few at round 25 and ramping up until round 30 when all elemental hazards will occur randomly in a consistent pattern.;):D:eek:

Oh yeah; good thing I am not a dev...*nods slowly*
    • Like x 1
  4. plumcrazy Well-Known Player

It seems like your mad at precision dps? So people who just mindlessly spam power buttons are beating it the correct way or is this flurry thing like a exploit or something? Sorry I'm a troll always been a troll have no desire to be anything else.
    • Like x 3
  5. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Guess I'm one of the few then. :p

I refuse to use those fugly WM combos.
    • Like x 2
  6. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

HOW ABOUT NO!!! So you wanna screw over everyone in the game because people are using prec? How selfish are you? Yeah people are using prec because it's the most efficient way to do sm. Because its one boss. Prec better on 1 target, might better on many. Do you use a flathead screw driver on a Philips screw too? You probably do, because the Philips screwdriver is to efficient.

And that whole comment about effortlessly beating it. GO TO HELL. Seriously it's tough I've spent hours in there figuring out a strategy. But according to you everyone who uses a DW has it easy and everything gets magically easier, as soon as you equip it.

Survival mode is a challenge. For sure. Especially for this community who can't even handle the platform section in SG. The reason people beat it early was probably because of two things. 1. It was on test for two weeks. 2. All the bosses are bosses we've fought thousands of times, and they all have the same mechanics.

Right now the meta is Dual Wield. It wasn't always Dual wield, it'll change. Before the Meta was Fire, then HL, then Rage, Then WM, then Am. It always changes. So stop your whining. Making a thread complaining about prec players every week isn't going to make the devs change it any faster.

Oh please enlighten me on how this game is meant to be played. Do you always retreat to the forums and cry when you lose in damage? Is that the way?
    • Like x 3
  7. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

buffing content because players play it one way is selfish? its not the most efficient way its just broken and over abused

"precs better on single target, Mights better on aoe" .. so if your might dont bother with sm your a liability and your ok with that right? (how ironic how selfish are YOU)

you said you spent hours figuring out a strategy to beating the content yet in this same post you say the reason were beating it so easy is because we played the bosses thousands of times. that defeats the purpose of you saying you spent hours figuring out a strategy if you claim your an expert at the bosses already

if DW didnt make beating the content easier everyone wouldnt be using it so obviously it does make it easier or we would see different playstyles... that aint the case though

i lose in damage on the regular im a main healer....so not sure what your trying to get at their... if might was op on single target and prec was crap on my attitude would be do something about might...

you notice i make threads about the subject regularly and if that is the case you should know im not out to kill of precision and that id like to see the game in a better state of balance where prec can be good on Single target and aoe and might can be good on single target and aoe... to avoid one sided playstyles which survival mode clearly showcases. i know players who spent irl money just to level up precision artifacts and make it far in survival mode because their might powers lack on single target...
  8. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Blind Q into SM if you do not think it's hard enough or if you think it needs to be buffed. I bet you cannot beat Level 30 doing a random Q from the events tabs. Heck I bet you cannot make it to level 15 or 20 doing a random Q. I double dog dare you. xD

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  9. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

The funny part part is im not even a dps, sure ill dps a duo and solo but other than that im a straight healer, but folks have this agenda against me that i must be some whinny little brat who gets out dps and wants prec nerfed just because i feel the game could be better balanced lol. I guess

ive seen players spend IRL money to level up precision artifacts and boost their precision mods up just for survival mode based off the fact they lack in might single target and feel precision is the way to go or just for the simple fact its their best chance of getting in a group to play the mode. and on the other end of the fence ive seen players PASS on Survival mode because they dont have the money to change their entire playstyle for it

if speaking up on these type of things makes me selfish then ill wear that title proudly and embrace whatever hate flies my direction
    • Like x 2
  10. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

Why would any serious player who wants to test their limits blind que Survival mode though thats setting yourself up for failure. some of those players that que probably dont even know what their actually in. They can possibly make it harder than what it needs to be but that doesnt mean it is actually hard.
  11. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

In addressing the difficulty part. What I mean is I know what the bosses do. So there's no surprises. However Since they do way more damage the same strategy doesn't work. For example can't counter on bosses as a tank, I just have to evade. And when you're in their for hours you get tired, make mistakes. And when bosses take 25min to kill with prec its a drain.

In regards to prec vs might. Not all playstyles are good at everything. I'm not interested in balance. Mainly because it doesn't exist. I've been here since launch, and this game has never been balanced. And the devs have tried. It's an impossible task, there will always be somebody better than you, and there will always be someone whos says it isn't fair. It's a never ending circle. Frankly it's a waste of time. Just be glad there's more than one way to play.

Yeah DW makes it easier no question, like using the right screw driver for the right screw. But effortlessly that's a stretch. My hands hurt after an hour of prec. When I'm battle trolling having to debuff, give power, deal damage, and lunge for the tank simultaneously. It's tough period.

You said that DW is not how the game was meant to be played. Which is an entirely subjective point of view. AM and WM were not originally how the game was meant to be played either. The meta changes.
    • Like x 1
  12. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

Can you quit with the whole: "People have an agenda but not me" crap. It's really annoying. Everyone who posts has an agenda, everyone wants the game tailored to them. So quit it. If you want to keep jumping down the balance rabbit hole, fine. But you're wasting your time.

In case you fail to realize those players who spend keep the game afloat. Their sacrifice keeps this game alive. So that everyone is happy.

What makes you selfish, is your demand that everyone has to play the way you want them, otherwise players they get penalized. It's the same crap in college, where Asians have to score higher than everyone else to pass. It's BS. And then you sit there and say you don't dps, but everyone who uses prec is cheating or abusing. It's incredibly disingenuous. And shows how shallow you are.

Here something I've learned from playing online. Players are quick to call foul, glitch, hack, cheese, etc. When it comes to admitting the fact that some people are just better than them. They almost never do. So you can where whatever badge helps you sleep at night.
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

^^THIS^^ With a bad tank, even the first rounds are challenging. With a good tank. Upper rounds are easy. Burn rate only determins how long it takes.
    • Like x 5
  14. spack2k Steadfast Player

Get woke, Go broke !

Making drastic changes in the middle of a SM season would screw the season for the remaining players who didnt beat SM yet, not everyone can run 12h a day in first week to finish it.
    • Like x 1
  15. spack2k Steadfast Player

I tried and ppl couldnt do Round 1, they couldnt avoid Lex Luthors attacks lmao, i gave up after the dps died 30 times cause no tank has time for that.
    • Like x 2
  16. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

You cant name a thread ive created or posted in that proves your assumption that i want everyone to play the way i want them to play and if you believe you can feel free to do so. if you follow my threads like you claim youd know i constantly throw out the idea that both Prec and might should be both good in single target and Aoe not one good at one thing and the other good at another.

that is not players playing the way i want them to play or being selfish... thats opening the door for the whole player base to feel comfortable playing how they want to play without feeling the need to abandon something they like because it lacks in a certain department.

even in this thread itself i never said nerf prec or buff any other type of power. i said if players can only beat survival mode heavily relying only on one broken combo move (which multiple videos out their prove) then maybe survival mode should be buffed

even if i did happen to state nerf prec it was to nerf it in line with might powers, even i did happen to state buff might it was a call to buff it in line with flurry shot, even if i did state buff prec it was a call to make other weapons relevant. Not once have i threw out the notion one playstyle should outshine the other under any circumstance

your issue is you read things how you want to read them and come to your own conclusion about me.
  17. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

fair enough statement it doesnt have to be a drastic change i wouldnt expect a drastic change at this point either. Maybe increase the bosses health pool in the upper rounds?
  18. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

Increase it more? it's takes 25min to kill US at R29. Not everyone can invest 8hours a day into trying to beat sm. I only got the weekends. And that doesn't make it harder. It just extends it.
    • Like x 4
  19. Knarlydude Loyal Player

That's probably because no one told them how to recognize when Lex is going to attack. Even then, if you have LPVP a lot. Players get into the habit of waiting for the Lex's icon to show on the ground before before they role out of it. Which in SM is too late. Since I did not want to test SM I fell victim to that myself. I was like WTF? I asked one guy and he refused to answer.

People say they don't have time for that but then you have players that outright refuse to help when asked or they just start talking trash from the get go..

That reminds me, I had another guy in SM that we all blind Q'd into start talking trash to a tank about his SP. He said because he did not have 350 SP that he needs to leave because his SP is too low and because his SP was too low he would lose aggro. o_O He trash talked the tank so much he just left.

I Q into SM and other things just for the challenge and I love it because it is always something different. Just like playing a pick up game of basketball or football. That little dude sitting on the side that no one wants to play with might be Spud Web or Barry Sanders. :D

Hell, I ran some stuff the other day with a guy I coulda swore was Deathmike. That dude was tanking like I have not seen in a long time. There was one point where all went down on a boss except him. With 1/2 the health....THAT SOB beat it. I was like hell yeah. I wasn't happy because he beat it for us. I was happy that I was able to witness some really good tanking. After we were done. One guy said to that guy running tank, " F*%K!!!, I tank at end game & I wanna tank like you when I grow up." LOL
    • Like x 2
  20. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Watching this thread reminded me of Black OP's zombie, kino.

The way that this mode is being handled is really a disappointment for me, but it is not how I'd envision it to go.

The waves should be exceptionally difficult at later rounds to the point, in an alert type setting it should at least take half the time of what a raid type SM should take.

I am actually stunned from most of the responses and I kind of feel like this game gives to much away.

Here is an opportunity to create a 3rd level of content for the community, pvp, pve, and then can have SM, yet it gets treated in manner that becomes a turn off.

I know it is meant for anyone, it should not be a guarantee nor even implied, not even close.

I realize that there are some with time constraints that will not run said content, it still should not be a factor and at later rounds we should definitely need something of help whether an fire barrel dinette of terminal that causes something to do damage or something, being our hits shouldn't come nowhere near to actually being hard not even close, like hitting for 1's or 100 regardless of the builds, artifacts, augments, or whatever.

I already know that there would not be masses of people that wouldn't want to run it but again, the mode is for those that want to survive, it is supposed to be unbeatable.

I know that referencing BO zombies will not do justice to those that will say this is not that, however it is like an arcade mode from old, which only a super small number of people around the world could even get past certain levels.

If looking to encourage us to run it is the drive that you seek, then put in progression type rewards, keep the difficulty as is, but give out the better rewards much earlier, and remove the word survival because it is apparent that it probably should be considered a babysitter mode or place holder mode when the community gets bored.

SM from what I can tell should have a whole lot more tears and a whole lot more cheers because of the groups struggle to getting close to beating levels not all these cries because of certain weapons being used or powers being used, that should be the last thing spoken of.

It actually says that there is some bitterness and feelings that it really is not pushing survival at all, but brings in the usual focus and push of just do this and be done with it.
    Shouldn't matter what we do, it probably won't be enough to pass the level, especially at later rounds, depends on the skill of the level of the player and the group.

Just turn it up for every level, already and stop catering to push an arbitrarily number, the rewards right now are sufficient enough to encourage those who want to run it to run it. The challenge will be enough for those like myself to want to actually run it.

I'd be more excited to run it with those truly looking to push themselves, not sure of others but from reading a lot of these responses there clearly needs to be a way to give us the mode we deserve not what we want and not this mode that pretty much is a guarantee that we will beat it.