Request to BUFF survival mode to neutralize Flurry shot

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Badname392023, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

literally every survival mode completion video on youtube consist of teams only using ONLY flurry shot to beat it

and if nothing can be done about it right now. BUFF survival mode and make it harder. Increase the CR level on the bosses or even add ADDS to the boss fights like you did with the SGE raid.

Survival mode was suppose to be a challenge not a flurry shot precision tournament. Im not sure if the devs are disappointed SM was and is being beaten so early and effortlessly but maybe its time to take some sort of action unless this is how the game is intended to be played.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They just nerfed the first few bosses last week...
    • Like x 5
  3. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

thats alright i suppose. i guess it makes it fair for players who are not hardcore SM players and just want some base items and stuff. but at least buff the higher levels in the 20's etc etc. This survival mode was a let down i cant speak for everyone but it was a let down to me making it 4 players was bad enough and made it boring ish.

players using the same one weapon in dps and support role to beat it just puts the icing on the cake. Survival mode used to be fun and actually a challenge now its just sweet anyone can beat it thanks to flurry shot. I remember the old survival modes it was rare for players to be in high levels and the mechanics were alot more interesting .. now everyone and their mama can achieve it no problem.

even removing skull tells once you enter higher rounds would adds some more flavor to it

i guess this is the new era of the game though :(
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

You guys better be glad I'm not a dev on the SM team. At round 25+ I'd install a mechanic that applies a 200,000 damage tick a second to all players on the entire map just so I wouldn't have to hear you dinks whinging about how easy things are.
    • Like x 14
  5. FoolsFire Devoted Player

"When I was young *cough* we had to put three dots on things or we'd be kicked for being newbs!"
    • Like x 5
  6. Yaiba Committed Player

You gonna kill battle troll :p:p:p
    • Like x 1
  7. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

If people think that the reason SM is being beat is because of flurry shot they are stupid and have no understanding of the game. SM has never been about damage, people who think that are the same noobs who still haven't finished.
    • Like x 9
  8. Yaiba Committed Player

People don't have to beat SM to prove that they're a skilled player or not a noob :D
  9. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

spam flurry shot.... roll away, occasionally block rinse and repeat ... this is survival mode

flurry shot is a BIG reason survival mode is being completed and if it wasnt every video on youtube or live streams wouldnt be the same thing. yes you still have to do the mechanics but look how fast the bosses are getting burned down with a broken weapon that even support roles can do a great deal of damage with.

the higher rounds need to be buffed to compensate for such a easy tactic to beating something that is suppose to be a challenge.
  10. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

I wouldnt use the word fast to describe it. Itd actually taking a long time and its battle trolls doing the dmg. The real dmg is also mostly from orbitals. Without orbitals I can assure you that killing bosses and adds at r29+ would take a very long time
    • Like x 3
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

Then youd end up having people glitch it to hell and back and still brag about how elite they are xD
  12. Yaiba Committed Player

I don't need that from you :) . I just don't like when you called people noob when they didn't finish SM, you mean beat r30? I mean why should they do that? Also about DW, sorry but it's one of the reason that you beat SM this year, if I'm not wrong but you're ice prec dps right? :D
    • Like x 1
  13. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

yeah orbs and pets help, but so does the broken damage flurry shot WM is doing. Their is no instance you will go in and not see a players doing this. Maybe in lower rounds but not the higher end rounds. battle trolls doing flurry shot / venom artifact and a weapon buff move can surpass some might dps in single target and keep up with a prec dps without getting totally blown out in damage
  14. Rushsteel Active Player

The reason sm is being beat is because of the tanks. You can have all the good damage you want but if the tanks die you can't beat it. How long it takes to burn won't matter if you have good tanks and a healer.
    • Like x 10
  15. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

you can say that about anything end game related

it doesnt defeat the fact everyone is using the same weapon to defeat the bosses. How long it takes to burn the boss matters just as much. the longer your their the more chances you have to wipe. (not saying they are not out there) but i have yet to see SM be beaten 1-30 with a might based power and support roles not using Dual wield

stay woke
  16. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

I've tanked the SM its all on youtube.
  17. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

Im 90% sure battle trolls would be using taser pull and just spam that if dual flurry couldnt be used. Just spamming taser pull does a lot of dmg but using dual wield is better since it can also counter the boss for a tank which can be very useful.
  18. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

spamming taser pull, Hardlight handclaps whatever you want to throw out there it wont equal up to the luxury Flurry shot will present to you from a damage stand point or a mobility stand point. you can easily jump cancel dual wield avoid mechanics and continue doing what your doing. on the flipside you can easily get caught in a taser pull animation and die.

you dont just get the op damage from dual wield you get more freedom compared to other options.
  19. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

Can't disagree with that but how would you then buff SM to make it harder? Buff health? Wouldn't that just make it worse for the people running might specs? Buff dmg? Wouldn't that only hurt tanks? Nerf prec? Wouldn't that create more imbalance between powers so that weak might powers like mental, ice etc would become useless?

I don't disagree with you nor do I agree with you. There simply are no great answers and if you have one I'd love to hear it.
    • Like x 4
  20. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

no true answer for that but i would definitely like to see something more challenging happen. i dont see anything really being tweaked now because we got what a few weeks left until the month is over which is when sm will be over if i recall.

but in the future id like to definitely see improvements whether that means nerfing some thing or buffing things or adding things i dont know just not a repeat of a flurry shot tournament. it just seems completely bias to precision users