Request to BUFF survival mode to neutralize Flurry shot

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Badname392023, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Like I said in other comments. If people want harder. Blind Q and then come back. Until I see people say they beat this blind Q then their complaints have zero merit.
    • Like x 1
  2. FoolsFire Devoted Player

The tank then drank a Soder Cola and threw him his CCPD Forensics hoodie, "Thanks kid."
    • Like x 1
  3. Knarlydude Loyal Player

:) Gotta love some Mean Joe. :)

• Like x 1
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

The theory is this...

+ A certain DPS weapon combo gives off faster damage with no power needed.
    + This makes the rounds go faster.
    + Faster rounds means less chance of things going wrong.

Some say might players are supposedly at a disadvantage because of this. *shrug*

What I do know...I bet there's going to be a lot of might players upping their Precision Augments for next season just in case.

Hmmm...wait a minute...Is there a way to 'pay' to get your...could that be...naw, couldn't be...
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Increasing the later round health wouldn't neutralize flurry shot, in fact quite the opposite. It would increase the need/desire for groups to use it as burn rate would become even more important.

"You're a might DPS and you wanna get in my rd. 25 group thus extending the time it'll take to beat it by at least five minutes? Sorry, the blisters on my hands all got together and put it to a vote. It was a unanimous HELLLLL NO!"
    • Like x 3
  6. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Normally I'd agree with you...

If we were talking about normal raids.

We are not talking about content that is needed to advance your character, the only things gained is pride in yourself, a shirt, and some base items and other cosmetics.

It offers nothing towards progression and here we are talking about how the difficulty is needing to be adjusted because people are actually maximizing their loadouts as if they will come out and be able to solo endgame raids, without a group with the rewards.

I understand that people need to feel special because they beat something that was supposed to be impossible, I applaud those that have, yay, they deserve the props.

I really don't see how we can even brag about it, but that is me, just seems funny grouping up with people I know are not all that good and hear, I got to round 10 or 15.

Again not hating on them, but if I could articulate it in a manner that could resonate I would, I can't so I have to go along with it and choose to sit it out, until a different time.

I would prefer that the developers except that it is supposed to be very challenging much sooner and adjust the rewards if they have to so the less skilled groups can also receive rewards earlier, while the more skilled can enjoy the difficulty, the thrill, and the challenge which is far more rewarding.

For those that make it further, there really need to be a leaders board and not just the 1 in league halls, but a leaders board in the middle of headquarters in police stations and night clubs and on billboards in both Gotham and metropolis.
    • Like x 1
  7. Great Architect Loyal Player

You're actually asking for SM to be harder for anybody that doesn't run that?

What you should really be asking for is attention to be paid to that particular set of Prec loadouts. Not a nerf - just some attention paid to how that particular set of loadouts, artifacts, and clipping functions. Bear in mind that it's important to isolate the *core* of it that makes that work, and then just tune it down, without affecting other loadouts that are competitive using some of the same elements.

I used to playtest for WotC, and was involved in tuning down the whole Skull Clamp / Artifact Lands debacle in Mirrodin Standard. It's not simple, but once you isolate the core of brokenness, it's easy to deal with. Skull Clamp was banned (nerfed), and Artifact Lands were Restricted (toned down).

The reasoning for both of those was that a Metagame that always runs 4 of each is broken, and that only one of those needed to be removed completely (a design mistake), and that the other needed to just be harder to use in the same broken way.
    • Like x 1
  8. Great Architect Loyal Player

So, to extrapolate...

From a game point of view, it's not Flurry Shot that is the problem - it's the number of ways of clipping it that is the issue.

Removing Jump-cancelling from Flurry would solve 90% of the problems without any other real issues, since JC - having no cooldown - is the main offender.
    • Like x 3
  9. HL4LYFE Well-Known Player

can I ask why it matters? if your in a group an you beat who cares? why would you complain about your team? also if others are beating it, who cares? how is it in anyway harmful to you? are you not able to get it yourself just like those who do?

If you want "limited" rewards to show off then you can still get it, an theres tons of people who are not doing SM, myself included bc I think its dumb, theres also new players who could come in an see your pretty shinys an be like ooohh i want that...

I have never understood why people care so much about outdoing each other in a "TEAM" game, thats like Pro LoL players getting mad at their team for doing good even tho its about the group as a whole not a single person.
    • Like x 2
  10. Elipsed Level 30

Hello I might dps from time to time and am at round 21+.
    I used to be precision but realised that might does more damage for the power I'm using..so I'm full might now.
    I also out dps lots of prec guys with might.. so I have no idea what you mean by dual wield is the only meta out right now..
    SM is really nothing to do with flurry shot/prec dps. It depends on the tank, heals and pickups.
    • Like x 3
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are aware of the balance issues surrounding precision and flurry shot. We will not address survival mode itself in response, though. It is a larger issue.
    • Like x 11
  12. ALB Dedicated Player

Just hope you all fix the JC and not the combo
    • Like x 1
  13. tinoman Dedicated Player

A request to balance weapons to where all weapons do similar damage.
    • Like x 4
  14. Ryazan Dedicated Player

And without the use of WM combos, please. :)
    • Like x 1
  15. BOXIE Well-Known Player

So are you going to refund everyone who spend all the money on leveling up precision artifacts? It's not fare that many people spent money to max out there precision artifacts so they can run sm or help out with some feats that requires single targets. I really hope you guys don't brake it.
    • Like x 1
  16. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Just provide US with the Nth Metal & Exo's That we Poured into these Artifacts/Augments.

Also as a Side note Everyone KNEW This was a Broken Weapon Yet Continued to Support it so why Refund Anything if you think about it.
    • Like x 8
  17. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

The same tune can be sung for those who leveled up the eye of gemini. The change in super charges doesn't make it that overpowered anymore but its still useful to have.

flurry shot doesn't need to be nerfed to the ground just balanced out. Removing the jump cancel function from it is a start and other weapons in a whole need to be reworked so they can be more playable. The fact you feel you have to spend money to level up precision artifacts to play SM or get certain feats by being precision so flurry shot can hold your hand in accomplishing whatever your trying to accomplish alone says alot.
    • Like x 4
  18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]

Wow! People are frustrated over a style which doesn't have a feat attached to it?!?!?!
  19. BOXIE Well-Known Player

Beside using the dw flurry shot because of its hard hits and does great boss damage. It also helps dps powers who can't be mobile to be mobile. There just certain powers in this game that dont allow you to be mobile, but instead be sitting ducks waiting to be one shot by a boss. As well able to block when necessary cause we all know there are powers once you in animation there an't no blocking. So you pray that you survived the one shot or your healers can keep you alive long enough till you can drink a soda. So there's a lot more to the dw flurry shot. It has a overall beneficiary.
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Things will get screwed up worse than it already is. They have known weapons were not balanced since the Revamp.

The only reason why people started using DW / bow was that the combo flows better than the rest of them because of the clicks.

Edit*
    I have used this since WM came out because of how it flows.

Most of the other combos are too clunky and slow.
    Speaking of clunky & slow.
    Reworking the weapons & WM combos by adding another input was asked for during the revamp so that the all of the combos would be faster but NOPE.
    • Like x 1