Request to BUFF survival mode to neutralize Flurry shot

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Badname392023, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Knarlydude Loyal Player

As far as the refund goes. Do not hold your breath. You will die if asphyxiation.
    • Like x 2
  2. ALB Dedicated Player

Just a quick question, I read where you say you don't dps, you just want balance, or something a lone those lines. Why haven't you made any nature, Earth, rage, gadgets etc is op threads? Nature and gadgets do just as much ST damage, and all of the above powers out perform prec AOE among equally skilled players all the time. Why don't you try to get those powers balanced? If you have no proverbial dog in the fight?
  3. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

That's just silly. Help out with feats that require single targets? What power are you? I can tell you each powers single target ability. For example, sorcery has vengeance. It requires the user to actually switch their loadout on the fly.

Yes, I think the JC needs to be fixed on flurry. But no one is talking about how helpless every other person is pretending to be acting like theres literally no other ST options
    • Like x 1
  4. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

How about players going nature at stats revamp cause roar was completely broken and then all those nature players going to earth after they fixed nature?

Buyer Beware
    • Like x 5
  5. AV Loyal Player

Nowhere did Mepps say precision was being nerfed. It's logical they're looking at WM balance given that DW is virtually the only WM being used, so they likely want to bring other WM up to the same level, especially considering that in general, prec is on par with or slightly weaker than top might performers. WM also aids overall balance in that some powers lend themselves better to prec builds than others, and anything weaker than DW is now would create pretty massive overall DPS disparities.
    • Like x 1
  6. Yaiba Committed Player

So no more battle troll ? :eek:
  7. SilkyPawz Bunny

Thank you this is long overdo!
    • Like x 1
  8. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

Nature, Gadgets, and Hard Light* only parse as high as the mid tier prec powers, and even then, prec doesn't suffer from the power issues or stuck-in-animation issues that might does when in an instance with lots of mechanics. There's a reason just about everyone is prec in SM. The only powers might based that you can say in most situations will out perform good prec dps's on AOE are Rage and Earth. Not to mention Rage prec AOE has been shown to be better than might Rage in some content, especially Arcane. I parse as high on 30 seconds as a Gadgets prec on AOE as I did with Earth might for the week that I was Earth earlier this DLC, and Earth might is top of the line might AOE. All other prec powersets do not fall off very much from Gadgets, and Gadgets prec is not even the top prec AOE power. What does that tell you? No matter how you slice it, prec puts all powersets on top or near that upper echelon for both single target and AOE, while on the might side only a few can approach that and that is further divided into some being proficient for only single target and some for only AOE. And this isn't even mentioning the fact that prec is hands down best across the board for range single target. And it is better than a lot of the might powersets for range AOE.

Balance issues on the might end of things should be tabled until weapons are finally balanced, since this has been a long time coming.
    • Like x 2
  9. ALB Dedicated Player

Nature dps and nature heals in dps parse higher in st than prec. Gorilla HC/clip is insane. Nature, rage, and earth pftt hits harder than any prec AOE. Gadgets using turret clip also hits harder that AOE and just as hard as st prec. Adds in raids block to much, so that is a massive lost of damage. The problem with SM is the insane power regeneration high sp players have. It's easy for a player who isn't one of the lower pftt powers to table might. It's a lot more pftt AOE players that there is AOE prec. The players in the endgame who are using st prec use AOE pftt.
  10. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Be vocal when they put it on test.

That is where the bulk of the changes will take place.

And be prepared and get on the test server, parse the weapons on test as well.

It is long overdue, but I am still waiting to see how they treat us troll's, hopefully they restore the durations back to being based on how much dominance a player has.
    • Like x 1
  11. Danne_ New Player

FYI I WENT CELESTIAL >_>
  12. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I remember a few electric players saying they would quit if the Shield SC changes happened, and I haven't seen those players post since then so maybe they did quit. I think precision dps is a huge population compared to electric healers. As others have said they probably just need to look at the JC part of flurry shot and leave the venom wrist as is. Has anyone parsed other WM combos to compare to flurry without JC? I'm not sure which other range combos have similar damage numbers.
  13. Mazahs Loyal Player

They won't issue any type of refund...cmon now.
    You've been around long enough to know this is S.O.P. with them

Make something with a CLEAR advantage, keep it broken errrr working long enough to get as much $$$ out of it as possible, then fix it.
    It wouldn't be that hard (assuming to fix the jump clip)
  14. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I have been DW / Bow WM since it WM came out. I loved the zing & bonus that you got for that zing. But most importantly it was a 2 click combo. The only reason people started using this combo is because of the quickness of the combo.

People are using the combo because it is 2 clicks ( tap & hold ) and how it flows is because of the 2 clicks.
    The single target damage is a bonus.

You can also do the same with Brawling / MA WM because it is 2 clicks as well but................
    it is AOE so it does less damage on bosses / single targets.

It's not like players are going to wait for the armory cooldown to change in SM.
    Sooooo they are going with single target WM because the bosses are the ones with the most health anyway.
  15. Rushsteel Active Player

Using that sig is out of context mate. That comment was made towards people who claimed dw flurry shot was carrying people in sg e. Sm and sg e isn't the same thing.
  16. IamINC Dedicated Player

Like that wasn’t the point of leaving certain things OP , it’s been that way in DCUO for as long as I can remember mate and it always will be , I pray for the day we see the “balance” across the board for powers and weapons.

As for flurry shot , just stopping the JC would be enough imo with a slight buff to other Wep combos to bring them in line damage wise.
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

there are other one-two weapon mastery combos. two handed to arrow attack, handblaster to arrow attacks. does hb to explosive shot perform the same as dw to explosive shot?

weapon mastery when it was introduced was so poorly received it didnt even last a year in game before they had to change to something else. i dont get why these awkward moves were left in game when everything else was gutted.

i don't think precision players should be penalized...but i dont think might players should be suffering instead and thats whats happening. the kind of choice and versatility we were promised has just not surfaced. we have less options to play.

whats the point of making up your own character if your forced to play a specific way.

weapon mastery should be removed from the game. precision players should count on the moves their weapon of choice provides them. the three "different" ways of playing need to be re consolidated. might and precision need to be reunited. bring back our damage modifiers. make skill points count again. we have enough artifacts. how about developing a few special bonuses we unlock with skill points?

the community has changed. its eating the cheese. back in the day when something was known to be broken, the old dual wield triangle tap or one handed range attack, you would get called out for cheesing. now something like that is a requirement.

thats really sad.

if i really wanted to i could fotm and swap out mental for something stronger, i could spec into dual wield or whatever gives you that sweet smoke bomb damage but whats the point. those arent my characters.
    • Like x 1
  18. The Anxient Loyal Player

Both of hb wm are 3 taps
  19. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

shame on me!
  20. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

what was even funnier was having them come to the forums complaining about natures low damage output hoping to maintain their broken advantage.