Red and Blue Lanterns

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Toshknight, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Gwalir Loyal Player

I'd like to see new Lantern powers, but I'd prefer them not to be like our existing ones. What I mean is they should have new moves and a new mechanic, and not just the construct combos Green and Yellow can do. Making them different would require more work, but would help make the new powers seem more like new powers than a modified existing one.
    • Like x 3
  2. Toshknight Loyal Player

Agreed... Blue constructs and red constructs would be amazing , but id still like to see a new alert with larvleez kinda like we have coast city with the Reds now... or even a Black lantern alert... but... the mechanics of the contructs as a tank would be awesome. it could work as a healer too.... but a tank lantern would rule
    • Like x 2
  3. Gwalir Loyal Player

I've always wanted to have a Blackest Night Raid myself, or maybe even a whole DLC. If they did that they'd be able to introduce a lot more people to face besides just normal Lanterns, from Superman & Wonder Woman to Jonathon Kent, so it wouldn't seem like just another Lantern DLC.
    • Like x 2
  4. Powerman New Player

Who are you to deny more content, if you don't want to see something, oh well, you have no say in it. Let's say you wanted more bounties added to the game like Lobo or Mongul, but I say no, we have too many bounties already in the game. Who cares what I say, add more content in the game...
  5. JokerWing Level 30

I could see blue as a healer but not red. Red has always seemed like a tank to me.
    • Like x 1
  6. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I think blue would be more troll if you think about it. They POWER up green lanterns and not heal them. Though red lanterns would be more of a tank or dps
  7. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Wrong. Blue lanterns can fight. they
    Blue can fight. They can kill a red lantern easily because blue takes away the red's power
  8. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

indigo are heros, they serve compassion
    • Like x 1
  9. azuchisamruai New Player

if anything halls of power would include overhauls/expansion of various content not just the lanterns probably focus on league bases and meta/tech power sets whereas trials of trigon i would imagine would add to the magic side of things.
  10. Neph Dedicated Player

I would say tech, and since the tech wing belongs to the lanterns ;) hehe

Still no official word, wonder why?
    • Like x 1
  11. Toshknight Loyal Player

Well i agree but since if they add both. they goto make both the same rght? so if reds are tanks the blues goto be
  12. Toshknight Loyal Player

dont indigo lanterns clone or take /absorb the power / emotion of what ever their around ... so theyd basically just be fear and will lanterns if they were in game
  13. Adogg5 New Player

I think that is right. They also make those they attack fill with compassion for their past actions. They are filled with remorseful ex-criminals.
  14. shaun10656 New Player

I don't understand how in the world would a peaceful blue lantern make enemies agro him? does he use there calmness to make them mad? for red lanterns it makes sense because it would be like draw the rage from opponents to you and consume there rage to make you stronger
  15. Gwalir Loyal Player

My guess is they'd just attack the enemy in defense of their allies, directing the enemy's attention to the Blue Lantern instead.

Looking at it that way, it seems more in-line for a Blue Lantern's character.
  16. Brit Loyal Player

Perhaps I'm the only one who thinks this, but a more generic "Blood" powerset similar to what Brother Blood uses throughout the Trigon arc (probably corresponding with the Trigon raids) could quite easily include a Blood style Shielding ability and some sort of vomiting blood cone attack and be passed off as "as close as you're going to get" for Red Lanterns.

I'd be surprised to see them go so specific, when a more general approach could be used to cover even more ground.
  17. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

They do that to fight, thats how they use there powers. Just like other lanterns make constructs
    Indigo serve compassion so thats a good thing
  18. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Blue lanterns are not that peceful.
    They make VERY heavy damaging attacks but they take a while to load and it takes away a lot of power. They have a great hand-to-hand combat prowess
  19. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Indigo would be a hero because they don't kill remember? They show compassion and they use other emotions to help them fight for other people and themselves
  20. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Plus you can never say blue lanterns can't fight. All of them are equal.
    Red+Blue= Blue
    Indigo+Black=Indigo
    Yellow+Green= Yellow
    Green+Blue=Green
    Orange+Indigo= Orange
    Black=Orange= Black
    Purple=Red= Red or purple depending on who has the stronger meaning of which they serve