Real MMO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by stuvey7, Feb 26, 2014.

1. stuvey7 New Player

So sorry I'm 14 and my mom WONT BUY ME A COMPUTER !!!!!!!
  2. Buckley Loyal Player

Too late, he said it and now I'm irritated. Also I will go and post on the WOW forums how there game should be more like DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  3. The Doctor Loyal Player

Am I the only DCUOer who has never played WoW? Sometimes I feel very alone...
    • Like x 2
  4. TrueOlympus New Player

If you like WoW so much, you really should just go play it....
    • Like x 1
  5. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

I've never played it either and for good reason. Welcome to the club (fairly exclusive feel proud ;)).
    • Like x 1
  6. Random Redshirt Well-Known Player

If DCUO ever adds "battle pets" ala Pokémon, and later imitated by WoW....I'm done. Forever.

I play DCUO because it is BETTER than WoW. Heck, with the fast paced action, the combo based moves, I cant even play other MMOs, they are so slow and dull and boring.

Don't be like WoW, I'm begging you!
  7. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I have always found it strange that when new games come out that are promoted as new and unlike any other game, people will flock to them because they want this but as soon as they start all they do is complain that its not like this or that game.

PS: strange isn't the right word but its the first that came to mind so I'm sticking with it.
  8. Valsmurf Loyal Player

There is only one word anyone who truly knows and loves this game can say to this

NO
  9. Chungweishan New Player

DCUO has Battle Pets like Henchmen or Sidekick or Trinket Pets. They were just banned in some areas one way or another. So... feel free to be done. Forever.
    ---
    Everyone got their panties in a bind when OP mentioned WoW. Big deal. However, the issues that the OP brought up are still viable.

DCUO could use more styles. Not just a couple of full-styles as a reward per DLC. That makes sense.
    Interesting Loot would be nice. Which, again, is basically different styles.

Giant Boss Raids that needs more than a group of eight teammates? Sure. I'm all for that too. Unfortunately, some systems probably couldn't handle it. The Open-World Stryker's Island robot guy is kinda close. Considering it's Open-World, you can scramble a random number of people to attack it. I wouldn't mind seeing more of that. The Open-World Bounties are pretty much it too, except they're just not giants.

What makes DCUO unique is the combat system. Everything else in game are just limited versions of what other MMOs have:
    Limits on powers (powerbar and selection)
    Limited crafting system (can't craft cool weapons/styles and sell them),
    Constantly changing yet limited currency systems (marks, cash)
    Limited roleplaying aspects (only a few /emotes
    Can't interact with jack-squat... like sitting on furniture)
    Limited map sizes (which makes it close to unnecessary for vehicles)

So, yeah, I would love to see aspects of other games integrated better into DCUO if possible. It doesn't matter if some of the ideas came from WoW or Hello Kitty Online, as long as it increases the playability and interest of this game.

[IMG]

Do I want this "Baby Blue Kitty Bow" Head Style? Yes. Red Bow back-style too.
  10. Buckley Loyal Player

here you go..
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Dene Devoted Player

noone does Alerts.. you took a poll?

and if you wanna play WOW.. umm go play WOW.. just a thought
    • Like x 1
  12. Dene Devoted Player

So many ive seen lately say this..
  13. Grid Ion Committed Player

This made me chuckle :)
  14. Vinny Tireshine New Player

Before falling in love with DCUO, I was a pro fighting game player, UMVC3 to be exact. DCUO's fighting mechanics are so close to that of a real fighting game, especially the clipping.

In UMVC3, you can chain "clip" light, medium, heavy attacks into each other, you can also "clip" super moves into ultra moves eliminating the recovery frames while the attacks still do full damage. Sounds very similar to DCUO and I pray they do not weaken or make clipping obsolete by slowing down this games fighting mechanics into that of every other mmo out today.
  15. Buckley Loyal Player

I played it once...... It was awful.
    • Like x 2
  16. chipzes Committed Player

I was surprised the OP finished without requesting a level cap increase :rolleyes:
    Seriously though, 16 player raids? Sure, I can already see it: "LF 3 TROLLS 11 DPS 1 TANK 1 SOLO HEAL 120+"
  17. Phantasy2013 Dedicated Player

Sorry but if DCUO was like WOW or FFXIV ARR with 20 sub menus and slow pace fighting mechanics, then I would leave. Sorry but there is a reason why games shouldn't be the same but more unique.
  18. Phantasy2013 Dedicated Player

I played before too. I played for a few months and went back to Pokemon lol. WOW is very overrated.
  19. Buckley Loyal Player

the only other game i spent as much time and money on before I started playing DCUO was Magic The Gathering. Now that was a game of skill, tactics and luck of the draw all in one,I have yet to find a game that is as exciting.
    • Like x 1
  20. Phantasy2013 Dedicated Player

I started playing Yu-Gi-Oh which was competitive and definitely fun as heck. Then it became too much lol.

Glad DCUO came along years later and I look forward to Destiny in September.
    • Like x 1