Real MMO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by stuvey7, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Tre Day New Player

Um, congratulations?

I mean, really?

It's not like your money is going to affect my money anyway, or anyone else's for that matter.

(smh)
  2. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

I'm not saying it isn't more challenging but that isn't the only factor that should play into a game. I'm playing DCUO because they have the "X" factor in my opinion (they have batman, superman etc...). DCUO is far from a perfect game but by that same token no game ever will be.

I'm not saying that DCUO couldn't take a few ideas and put a spin on them to make them work but it needs to be handled carefully which I think that the devs do a good job in.

One of the main things I disagree with is a 16 person raid... It's annoying enough trying to pug when you have 7 other people but getting 15 that can all pull their weight is an absolute no from me (I typically run with my league so it wouldn't affect me too bad but it would others).

One of the main things I do agree with that I know WoW has done is allowing the increase in moves (putting extra points in a move to gain either additional effects or build on current ones).

This is an aside, but I would also love a mission battle mode or something to that extent (think of a larger scale pvp) maybe happening once or twice a day Heroes vs Villains (no suicide squad). I also think that would help to balance the numbers of heroes and villains.

I would not be playing WoW even if I had a comp to run it. Everyone is entitled to their own choice though.
  3. Chungweishan New Player

DCUO has taken queue from other games due to what customers wanted regardless of what MMO it has borrowed ideas from:

Home Turf gave us Housing and more "Battle Pets"
    Armories gave us the ability to save Character Builds.
    Update 8 gave us Crafting.
    Other updates/DLCs constantly made this game more casual (ie. tier skipping).

This Thread isn't about the game fully emulating WoW. I'm not even sure the OP actually played WoW. The point is to expand the game more, while sacrificing unnecessary developments. Focus on more Raids per DLC, on more larger team-based events. Focus on more styles and rewards to customize your characters.

Personally, I'd worry less about new powers or new weapon mechanics (Weapon Mastery) that's only going to lead to months of buff/nerf/imbalance updates. Fix the problems in the here and now if possible.

If the PS3 is holding development back, optimize new low-graphics content for it. Then I'd suggest starting a new server for PS4 players to migrate to, a server that you can finally add the very best highly detailed content. Keeping PS3/4 players together is a mistake in the long run. With lag and load-in times being an issue, they'll never be able to play or compete against each other forever. You can't expect PS3 players just to tolerate it and only have a $400 option to fix it.

Again, don't be defensive about someone critiquing your favorite game because they dared to suggest a competing game as an example. Understand why those critiques are made, and how they could better this game.
  4. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

As much as i hate to say it (--as someone who will be stuck on ps3 for the foreseeable future--), i think its pretty dern clear that certain aspects of development are completely bounded by the limitations of the ps3.

this is why additions like new powers, Weapon Mastery, Armories, Mainframes... IE: mechanical changes are doable, yet content and open world additions or changes, etc. are bound by the hardware limitations.

i know thats not a technical description of what is going on, but apparently there is a difference.
  5. NexGenX New Player

Im sorry, are you complaining or bragging then?
  6. Laff Riot New Player

TLDR

All I got was that the OP wants the PS3 gone. And to make this more like WoW. If you dont like it, then go play WoW.

But I will say I would like to see more content to do.
  7. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

I recommend renaming your WOW characters after DC characters. Problem solved.
  8. shaun10656 New Player

lets not turn this into another defiance oh wait....
  9. Chungweishan New Player

It would think adding "new powers" would be the limitation. As a system needs to load-in every powers' abilities (effects, animations, etc) regardless if players use them.

New maps could be set up so it's a new instanced area. Then dump the memory of whatever areas they were in. Optimize the new map so it's not straining systems to load-in graphics.

Maps like Smallville, Australia, or Area 51 aren't that large, but they do have a lot of unused areas. I could see a 16-man team being able to utilize them. Considering the fact 8v8 is 16 players all at once, I don't see why it would be so harsh for 16 players working towards the same goal. Break the teams into four 4-man crews if you really want. And have each team have to accomplish separate goals, and then meet in the end to battle a huge boss in the middle of the map. Again, content.
  10. KeyuBaN New Player

I'm not on anybodies side here, not the OP or your's. I do understand what is trying to be said from both sides. All I was trying to say is that considering the way you feel towards WoW, it's actually one of the best (Notice I said "one of") games that you can play in terms of money well spent, that you can possible play in place of DCUO and many other MMO's.

I play this game simply because it's fun and unique. I get to fulfill some of my super human fantasies as a child, and build those features into my characters. But I'd say, once you get done with content in this game, you pretty much have nothing else to do besides start a different character. I also feel very limited to what I can do in this game, even with all the benefits. But just like WoW, DCUO is still a work in progress and can only be improved (I hope, In DCUO terms at least).

But all in all I do think that the game needs to be left alone, let adjustments that need to be made, be made; Let everything that has to be done, be done; Whatever the devs have to do to make this game better for everyone, let them do it. They have to pay both attention to PS3 and PC content and capabilities, and if they go over these lines, it could hurt the game and it's player base (at least for PS3) drastically.
  11. ACW37162 Loyal Player

snip..

I was always partial to Toonces the driving cat but i would be dating myself
  12. RlVER Well-Known Player

Was gonna say almost exactly this, so thanks for saving me the time. Seriously though. People do not play this because its a challenging MMO. They play it cause they can be superheros and hang out with friends. If you like WOW so much, then go play WOW. The community you complain about would be much better for it. I am so tired of all the doomsday predictions because of other MMO's. The list of supposed DCUO killers is longer than your OP. How many of them will come and go before people realize DCUO is not a traditional MMO. It does not need to be. It has a niche following of both casual MMOers and fan boys.
    • Like x 1
  13. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

Ah okay. I was interpreting your posts incorrectly then, we really are more on the same side than not. My apologies for misinterpreting.

I am in agreement that stuff should be done so the longevity of the DLCs is increased, but I'm just unsure as to how that can actually be done (this was the reason for my battlefield type game mode idea once or twice a day).