Real MMO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by stuvey7, Feb 26, 2014.

1. stuvey7 New Player

FOR EVERYONE WHO TOLD ME TO PLAY WOW I WOULD BUT I SPENT TO MUCH MONEYY IN THIS GAME TO LET IT GO TO WAIST!!! SO IM PUTTING MY OPINION IN WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IM SORRY YOU DONT HAVE THE SAME OPINION !!!
    • Like x 1
  2. stuvey7 New Player

Spytle I'm sorry if I made you mad or sad .. You guys do an amazing job on this game you guys are really active with the community and do your best! Nobody got the point of this thread I just anted to say I would like to see new cool styles and more raids not that your raids and gear is bad I just want more so I can see the goodness you guys have to give ! I watch all your things you guys put and everything I'm really active always doing stuff .. I didn't mean make it like wow I meant have more styles like wow has 100s and have more raids like wow has ... You guys do a fantastic job I know what I was saying earlier you guys do you :)
  3. Notangie New Player

I think your insinuating that our favorite mmo isn't a real mmo is why so much negative feedback.
    • Like x 4
  4. McClain Active Player

If you want to have more of a WoW type experience, why not simply go play WoW?
    I hate WoW, that is why I play this game.
    • Like x 2
  5. Vinny Tireshine New Player

I think the fact that this game is so different then any MMO is the reason why so many of us like it. It's also the reason that so many of us are very much against any change to the combat mechanics, slowing it down will simply bring this game more in line with other MMOs slow attack gameplay.

I just downloaded the FFXIV beta mmo today and I was so put off with the boring combat mechanics, I need more action like DCUO!!! Devs, please don't ruin it for us
    • Like x 1
  6. AmericanNate New Player

meh, trying to be more like WoW? That's worked out for so many other games right?? (I'm looking at you TOR >:O) WoW is WoW because it's an anomaly. Nobody is going to get a WoW like game right except for WoW. Nobody has that kind of budget WoW works with. Last thing I saw as far as game budgets goes, WoW was somewhere in the 4 billion mark. After that EvE and TOR at about 200 mil. That's a huge gap. That's simply why they can get away with what they do. Honestly wouldn't want anything like WoW. DCUO is a great game in it's own right. After gates released, I took a fairly long break, and tested the waters in about 5 other mmos. I found that they're all craptastically uninspiring, and I came back here, rolled a new rage toon (love reds :) and having an absolute blast again. I'm actually overwhelmed with things to do as I don't have near the time I used to when I took my break from the game (married now and a 7 mo. old daughter). Just my $.02
  7. stuvey7 New Player

Hey bro go read my reply right at the top of 3rd page dude! Idol have the money and time to waist. On another mmo!
  8. DCfanyboy New Player

DC Universe.... I will un -sub if this game goes any where wherever near where WoW is now, and anywhere wherever near where WoW has been lol...thats point blank!

Just keep up the good work, you'll get my buck$, dont let us down, keep the content coming and better each time:)
    • Like x 1
  9. Kristyana New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  10. KeyuBaN New Player

Don't get me wrong, I love WoW myself. You just have to remember that This is a different game, and it's a game based off of the DC Universe (Comics, Iconic Heroes & Villians) and the mixture of our Childhoods (Always wanting to have that one Super power; to breath ice and fly through Gothum and help our all time favorite hero, batman/superman etc).

This being said, I do think that what this game is the trying to accomplish has already been done so. This game's goal was to get people to be creative, have fun playing along side heroes/villians/friends, making your character look pretty close to how you would want to look if you were their own real life super human. It's a game of OUR Fantasies. Do what you have suggested here, and Fantasies are more likely to be ruined.

Does DCUO still need many tweaks? Yes. Do I think they could use SOME of the ideas that Blizzard has developed for WoW and bring them to DCUO to give the player base a little bit more of a thrilling experience? Yes. But this game still needs to remain unique; keep borrowing things from other MMO's and it'll just be another MMO that everyone "just plays".
  11. Archangel Rafael New Player

WoW SuX
    [IMG]
    pleased to be of assistance
    • Like x 4
  12. Agent Flores Committed Player

Ummm……I don't want to sound like a negative nancy but if you really want a MMO like WoW then just play WoW. You would be wasting you time trying to think the Devs will do something that WoW is doing. This game stands out on its own and that is why I like this game. If you don't like the direction its going then I' m sorry to say this but you will continue to be disappointed. Hopefully you are free to play so your not wasting money into something that you feel will not be good. Notice I put WoW in Red cause I do not like it and Rage powers is out so it reflects my Rage towards it. Have a great day and Hope you find something that fits your play style.
    • Like x 3
  13. Agent Flores Committed Player

Lol just read your post on top of page 3. Sucks you spent a lot but hey to each his own. Just know that you opinion in what this game should be will not happen at all. Not trying to shut you down but you will be disappointed.
  14. Poo New Player

Please let this thread die
    • Like x 3
  15. Solutha New Player

You do realize that most of the stuff we have gotten in updates basically comes from WOW/other mmos. Armories are a prime example. Wow gave you the option to dual spec and switch on the fly for in game currency. DCUO just decided to charge real cash for it. The only thing that seperates DCUO from WOW is the combat and it being based on DC.
  16. stuvey7 New Player

I am not free to play I have spent hundreds into this game lol... I have 4 toons a 103cr! I'm not playing wow to spend more money and waste my life... I didn't mean make it like wow I meant add more content like wow does and more styles ! Heck with it if you don't want more content play this game is what I'm trying to say .. Nothing special about this the people suck the games easy lol idc lol... Asking if I'm free to play haha that's funny
  17. NexGenX New Player

I would like to see this thread die, but I can't let such a post go without commenting. I cannot believe that you suggested to use WoW as an example. Its unfathomable. Every suggestion and category of gameplay that you list is compared to WoW. Yet you don't want people to tell you to just go play WoW. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but here's another person telling you to just do the same, of course you don't have to but it seems fair that we at least tell you again :)
    • Like x 1
  18. iSmashly New Player

If I wanted to play WoW, I'd go play WoW.
    • Like x 1
  19. NexGenX New Player

...And the gameplay, and the hotbars, and the graphics, and the tone, and the fan-base, and the appeal. Sorry I just don't see the resemblance, either that or I just simply refuse to ;)
    • Like x 1
  20. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

Stopped reading this here. Maybe you should go back to wow then? No offense but I really don't want this game to take that route.
    • Like x 2