Players quitting Duos because of EOG?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alrighty Then, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Pretty solid in his/her stance when said "Co-incidence? I think not."

None the less Its comical that its in a duo of all things. Its comical to see the selfishness etc in alerts and raids over this as well.

Whats next? "I was in a stabilizer event and someone quit because a gadgets player used Bunker buster and EoG on Per Degaton?, or quitting over the first wave of adds in the stabilizer event after sc + EoG?"

2. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

Might be a little off topic here, but....

Back when the Titans Duo was first running, I had a random pug 'rage' quit. We were voice chatting about the first boss fight (and how Terra was mocking RR) and out of nowhere... I hear a doorbell sound from the other dudes' mic. Then... (i'm thinking he forgot his mic was on) Duck!!! Is that your Moms' car in the driveway? Duck Duck Duck. Followed by another doorbell, and the immediate
    "so and so" left. Dude rage quit because his mother in law showed up.

Can we get DCUO to ban mother in laws? That way, no more rage quitters from them.
    • Like x 2
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

i allways wanted to be able to use pheromon bloom because it is a realy nice looking power wich heals and adds melee damage. since the eye of gem and in addition to the soal cloak plus the right base mods, pheromone bloom has become realy realy usefull for tank and dps roles... i am glad i can get my ice tank a healing power for example, instead of shield only loadouts. i totally love it as it is, however: yes, it IS kinda OP too...
    • Like x 1
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

Who is "nearly everyone else"? I saw several people state just like I did, that there could be other reasons for players to leave the duo. More blind assumptions, but on the other hand, sticking to facts have never been your strong suit on these forums, have they? I guess that's the prcie one pay to get to 15K posts.
    • Like x 2
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You critique the use of 'nearly everyone else', and counters with the classic 'several people'
    Yes, there could be billions of other reasons why someone quit a duo, butt both times after the use of the Eye is more than a co-inky-stink
    It is not me who is making of themselves a sight-less mule, because, unlike you, am making an edumacated call based on the information presented (and not insulting other posters because they have a different opinion)
    • Like x 1
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

Why, because the OP conveniently says so? You can't just make a statement and treat it as facts solely based upon blind assumption. I know you love doing so based on previous posts of yours in other topics, but it just doesn't work that way, sorry.

If we had a video to look at, we could probably see a clearer picture about what was going on, if the OP could answer a simple question that would actually work in his favor it would make things more clear aswell. But, he kept dodging that question multiple times. Why do that if your case is so certain? Because it's not, it's all assumptions conveniently chosen by the OP as THE reason to make this thread, without proper information to back it up.

The irony in that last part of yours is beyond hilarious, I've seen you flame people up and above for way, way less than this. :D I mean, you chose to respond to me with an attitude and blind assumptions all because I am simply stating that there could actually be other reasons than just the EOG that had players leave in this case. The OP doesn't actually know, so how could you?
    • Like x 2
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Have actually been very civil, so far, let's keep it that way
    As for your claim about flaming, that is a lie
  8. Zneeak Devoted Player

You came straight out the gate accusing me of being a Duo rage-quitter all because I dared to question the OP and state that there could actually be other reasons involved than what he was stating, lol. Which is rather ironic when I've made my stance on EOG and people avoiding it pretty clear in not only this thread but several other threads in regards to this topic. Nice try though :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Read that post again: never "straight out accused" you of anything

Haven't read any other threads on the matter, so have no idea what sort of 'stance' you have, just going by what have seen in this thread

Have actually agreed that there could be any number of reasons for why someone might quit a Duo, butt going by the evidence posted (and yes, a statement from one person is evidence) we can only sensibly conclude that, yes, it is because of the use of the Eye (which, by the way, has had corroborating statements in this thread, and... none that dispute people quitting over the usage. there were a few joke posts butt couldn't see any that disputed that claim)
  10. Zneeak Devoted Player

If you've read what's in THIS thread you'd have seen that I never denied player's behavior toward the EOG fields, as I myself have made several anecdotes about this very thing in several Raid-runs, as stated. All I ever did was question whether there could be other reasons involved for players leaving this mentioned DUO, since no player that left actually mentioned his EOG fields at all, nor did they seem to try and avoid his fields or in any way express bad feelings towards it. All we know is that he is using the EOG and that two players left first and last boss in a DUO he was in, that's it.

Any credibility you had left kind of went out the window right there, sorry. You can't just call a mere statement evidence just because somebody went and made a thread just stating something without some sort of information to back up their claims. Anybody can go make an angled thread stating something and make a case out of it, doesn't make it evidence by any stretch of the imagination just because it was posted on a public forum.

FYI, I can state that I've had people trying to avoid my fields in wild panic in tons of RAID-runs, just like others have mentioned aswell in this and other threads about this topic, that doesn't mean you can just apply that to any instance where somebody is leaving and blame EOG for it if you don't actually know that's why they left.
    • Like x 1
  11. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

I think the devs could do something to help out here: change the colors of the floor marking for area effects by type, not power/item/whatever: attack red, benefitial blue (as in "team red vs blue") or green (not best choice for people suffering from a certain color blindness). Add a small tutorial solo instance with your mentor to make all players understand (event tab, like artifacts or something). If you then still see people leaving the "benefitial effect" marked of the EOG with extreme evasive maneuvers, you know for sure what kind of player they are.

And do not change anything about how the damage works. Scoreboard chasers need a heavy hit on the head, not pampering :p
  12. Proxystar #Perception

I think it's important for everyone here to note that it is not compulsory for another player to stand in your EOG field, if they choose not to stand in your EOG field then that is their prerogative.

If a player is running content and not standing in the fields or actively running away from them then it speaks volumes as to their play style. it is perhaps relevant to include the context in which the EOG field is being avoided. Is it in elite where it's detrimental, is it in normal where the content is more trivial.

The expectation that someone must stand in your EOG field or they're a trashy scrub is just as toxic as the behavior leading to people evading the circle, I mean let's face it, the players using EOG excessively with 25%'s and other things are kinda scoreboard chasing in their own right then lashing out at others evading the circle with the same goal.

This is all of course not meant to imply that people "shouldn't" play in a manner that isn't beneficial to the group but is more about the fact people clearly seem to be getting bent out of shape over something excessively trivial and it seems to me that people using the EOG artifact are kind of somewhat doing it in a trolly manner, almost playing in a way where they're enticing a response.

As funny as the whole thing is, of course.
    • Like x 1
  13. ALB Dedicated Player

I'm sorry, but this is asisinin. No one here is saying anyone run to my circle if I pop it, but if I use it and that player run out, they are trash and is a scrub.
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

We've had years of content in which circles/pools of something showing up on the floor/ground means something bad is about to happen. So we learn to move.

It's not outside of the realm of possibility that some of those who are moving are doing so because of that very reason: getting out of the way of something they think might hurt them. And if they've not yet seen the effects from that particular artifact, it's even more likely that they'll do so.
    • Like x 2
  15. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

It seemed like rage quits FWIW. During the fight of the Last Boss of Joker Duo. Player leaves after EOG. I thought it was odd. I had not used EOG on 1st Boss of that run. During the other run of a Joker Duo; I used EOG on 1st Boss; then player left. At that point I began to wonder, about what's going on.
  16. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

Sometimes peeps act like hoodlums. Best not to let it bother you, and stick with having fun your own (non hoodlum) way :)
    • Like x 2
  17. ALB Dedicated Player

Nope, they run to the healer and tanks pool, but hop out the dps. Dps isn't the only EoG effect that have a pool. Let's not bring up all the anti-dps post that talk about how dps will stand in AOE not to hurt numbers. You roll or jump out of a dps eog pool, you're a scrub.
    • Like x 1
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, because, by doing that, they are deliberately reducing the damage dealt just because the extra damage points will be added to one who used the Eye
  19. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I'm not bothered by this at all. I am just curious about what was happening.
    • Like x 1
  20. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

Weird question.... is the Healer/Tank circle for the EoG a soft pale color? and the DPS version an orangish color? They aren't the same color, are they?

I'm not color blind (I think), but it seems to me that they aren't the same color. I've "dived for cover" more than once when my DPS league mate pops his EoG. I see that orangish circle on the ground, and I immediately think bad things are about to happen there. Decades of video game playing has imprinted any red/ orange/ black tell is a bad tell, and a blue/ green tell is a good tell. So it isn't a matter of being a "scrub" as you put it....

It's gotten to the point where my league mate tells me in voice chat "Hey man, popping the eye here" because he knows that there are peeps out there that do the same thing I do: see a circle; dodge roll or jump out of it. Then again, that's a communication thing, where not all groups have that level of communication going on.

Now, with time, I know I'll get over it. The same way I got over the Sorcery circle tell, and the Celestial weird fire healing totem. I'm sure other peeps will get over it too, with time.
    • Like x 2