Players quitting Duos because of EOG?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alrighty Then, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I'm seeing players quit because I'm using a Pheromone Bloom with EOG. (Eye of Gemini artifact)
    Two so far; one on first boss and one on last boss. It really doesn't do that much either.
    Players are really paranoid about this. It's a good thing I can solo duos.
    • Like x 4
  2. Linus Active Player

I've seen people quit as I use EoG as a tank.
    Then again I've also seen people dodge roll out my EoG thinking its AoE. (Edit: It is AoE but I mean the ouch kind)

1.You can't satisfy everyone
    2. Some people are just lost
    3. Many people play for fun. If it brings them joy to leave for another instance. Let it be.
    • Like x 3
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Paranoid about what? Not getting the Top Spot in a Duo Scoreboard? o_O
    • Like x 9
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  5. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

I rage quit Solos, when i'm not the Top Spot on the scorecard. just sayin'

But, in all seriousness, I've seen peeps leave duos for any number of reasons. Usually, they say why before they leave... sometimes they'll say why in a "tell" after they leave. Other times, I ask them why after they've left. I can't say that I've personally have had my artifacts be the reason why someone left, but I can believe it; since I've had peeps threaten to leave because of artifacts.

There are peeps out there that HATE that artifact (eye of gemini). We aren't talking about a slight dislike, or a preference against it... but full blown hatred. In a raid recently, I overheard two peeps arguing about it in voice chat. It got so ugly, that I popped out my earpiece so I wouldn't have to listen to anymore of it. Shortly thereafter, one of them quit the raid. Last Friday, I had a troll threaten to quit Silent School if I used the Orb of Arion on the 'adds' damage. Worst part of that? I'm self power sufficient. My power bar rarely drops below 75% and is practically never below 50%. Troll was upset about what "might occur" rather than what was actually occurring.

Anyhooo, before I start rambling on, i'll wrap it up here...
    Some of these artifacts are touchy/ sensitive subjects.
    • Like x 4
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Only have two Artefacts, and the Eye isn't one of them, so don't really know what it does that people hate it so much
    • Like x 1
  7. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Some people are just plain selfish morons! EOG is a great tool! It def speeds things up! People who dont get in circles are score chasers and should quit cause they dont understand the team concept!
    • Like x 12
  8. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

Short version:
    If you have Eye, and use a supercharge, you get a little circle around you. (it lasts for just a little while) Anyone that is in the circle, and does damage to enemies... a portion of that damage goes to your spot on the scorecard. So, basically, you get free damage added to your scorecard.

It's a little more complicated than that, but that's the short explanation.

From what I understand, peeps don't like that the damage that they are doing, is going to some one else's score. (doesn't make sense to me why peeps are worried about who did what damage, since the quicker things get defeated... the quicker everyone gets treasure)
    • Like x 4
  9. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

STUPID And Petty BS to get mad over that like REALLY LIKE REALLY lol wtf smfh just wow . I'm so glad I can run with friend's and league mates with the EOG . I have mine's at 160 and a few of my friend's do to My healer attracts folks to it when I use a SC only for there benefit lol.

All of the thing's that folks can complain and cry about and allot of times just 50% is about being number 1 on that dang scoreboard .
    • Like x 7
  10. recoil2 Dedicated Player

there's only one reason i "quit" any run of anything, and that's if the group are COMPLETE bone heads. take my last blackest night run THREE healers, THREE dps, 1 troller, and 1 tank. and everyone still died.......... THREE healers, we all know who's to blame for them not staying alive. and do you know what each of my failed runs have had in common these last few? people who que up with secondary support role and who don't switch to it when needed. injustice system everybody died cause everybody was dps and the one tank in the group refused to swtich despite queing as a secondary tank role, then everybody dies and they want to blame me for not going dps........... leaving cause of cheap damage is no excuse, especially when it takes THREE dps just to damage one add in a mob.
    • Like x 1
  11. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Perhaps it time to redesign the EOG; so each team memeber in the circle hits with add'l damage.
    • Like x 2
  12. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

I don't care about the card as long as the job gets done.
    • Like x 18
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Or personal scoreboards that only show your contributions instead of everyone's
    • Like x 9
  14. Brother Allen Loyal Player

DPS in DCUO

People complain about EoG + SC spam.
    People complain about Bow into MA.
    People complain about DW into Bow.

TLDR: People will complain.

P.S: I dislike all highly effective DPS tactics right now as there should be more viable precision options and Eye of the Gemini should have never been released when paired with SC regeneration. <---- See. Even I'm complaining!
    • Like x 2
  15. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Lol yeah me and my leaguemate spam the EoG back and forth, one after another, during the new raids and alert. Its just hilarious and fun.
    • Like x 5
  16. Zneeak Devoted Player

Did they say that's why they quit on you, or do you just assume that was why? If they outright told you that your Gemini field was the reason, i'd laugh it off big time and most importantly put those losers on ignore thus making it atleast one less player they can que up with.
    • Like x 3
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Wow...I don't use it currently (just got one to 80...might start using at 120), and didn't know that. Holy ship! I care about 1 thing on the scorecard....the time. If the time is low I couldn't care less who is at the top of the chart. If I can get in and out of a run, duo...alert...or raid, in a timely fashion I'm satisfied. Sure I'll look to see how I did, but I don't care if I'm out dps'd in a run as long as I stay in the pack somewhere. Hey if that bothered me I'd have quit a long time ago since it happens so often. I can't believe someone would queue.....join....get to whatever point they first see the Eye used, then bail. Raid maybe....but in a duo? Who cares? Man some people need to seek help with their feelings of inadequacy. They all probably drive Humvees or Red Corvettes too.

Reinheld
    • Like x 4
  18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Will clarify this a bit...

+ Hit a supercharge and an orange circle with an eye above it appears.
    + While it's visible all damage done by players inside this circle is added together. Each player gets credit for their own damage.
    + After power is finished 20% of that damage is sent to the target of the player who caste EoG.
    + All of this additional damage is added to the player who caste EoG. The other players get nothing extra.
    • Like x 1
  19. Drathmor Unwavering Player

and yet again another problem that could be solved with DCUO simply by removing the scoreboard.. so much in this game could have been prevented if we never had it over the last 8 years
    • Like x 2
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm not against the scoreboard entirely. It is nice to see who completely slacked off, died constantly or ran around and did pickups. Maybe change the DPS from numbers to halves where in a raid it would say "Top 4" or "Bottom 4" where you would expect your tank, troll and healer in the bottom 4 with 1 DPS in there as well(using 1-1-1-5 layout), then the other 4 DPSs would be top4 as expected, but who knows which is which? For groups where there are more than 8 people due to DCs or quitters, any numbers would show in the middle.

90% of the scoreboard does not cause an issue......address the 10% problem, not 100% of the board.

Reinheld