Players quitting Duos because of EOG?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alrighty Then, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Schimaera Devoted Player

Wow this thread is fun.

So fun in fact that I was tempted enough to click the "show ignored content" button . I'm glad I did. I was not disappointed.
    • Like x 3
  2. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

Some DPS seems to be bothered by it. That's why I think the devs should at least think about it, which they may latet decide a no. Levelingng is one thing but let's call it what it is. It mooches off of other's DMG. On live server I've never seen someone rage quit over a duo, but I have more than once in pug raid hearing someone complaining why other DPS no get in their circle.
  3. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

lmao:D
    • Like x 2
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Now you've tempted me to do the same. I wonder what I'm in store for...
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Can you believe I never put anyone on ignore despite all the hassle I get? Time to grab some popcorn and read through the rest of this thread :D
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Actually, it's not.

You cannot force another player how to play the game, you can only attempt to direct them towards what is beneficial.

Standing in your EOG field benefits the group in terms of increasing overall damage output and making an instance more efficient, it also certainly benefits you personally through an addition the scoreboard.

That last part is the interesting part because that very fact seems to be a part of why people are upset, they seem more upset about the fact people aren't standing in the EOG field and contributing to their damage than they are about the lack of overall team efficiency.

You can just see the subtle salty scoreboard chasing oozing from the very existence of these EOG discussions. If players in general weren't such self absorbed grandiose damage scoreboard chasers in the first place there perhaps wouldn't be a toxic culture leading to people evading circles to preserve their place on the scoreboard, but instead would have one that actually encourages overall group performance.

And again I'm not saying people shouldn't stand in the EOG circles, they certainly should. I'm saying that I understand why they're running around evading them at all cost, it's all behavior stemming from the same source, a desire to top the scoreboard.

With that being said, I've seen just as many stupid people using the EOG circle as I have avoiding it. If you want to maximise your EOG circle then take some initiative. pop yourself on top of other players for example, don't go off to the other side of Africa, pop your circle and then expect others to run to you and then call them scrubs cause they don't. I've seen that sort of nonsense happen just as much. ;)
  7. DaPhun48 Well-Known Player

Someone made a silly comment! If this was the case... there simply wouldn’t be a scoreboard. FACT: the gave thrives on people’s need to be the best or better, and it’s exploited for profit. If it was just about playing for fun and meeting new super bestesestest chums EVER... then we’d all still go play scrabble in the park.

All the pretentious in this room! Not me! No sir! I don’t chase the board.im only here to help me fellow human out and pay to be beaten by never-ending exploits. Never! Hilarious with funzies.
    • Like x 1
  8. E Clip Dedicated Player

Answer honestly: if EoG is a good artifact that makes runs faster due to boosting the numbers of 1 player who uses it, how many do you think will keep using the artifact if say, everyone in the circle gets a 20% dmg boost from all the other players that gets credited to each one individually except the one who uses it? Basically everyone's scoreboard numbers get increased, except for the one who uses the artifact. The effect is almost the same, the extra damage will be almost the same, except the damage is split to all participants in the circle as opposed to 1 getting all the credit for it.

Give me a no bull$hite answer, how many players will keep using it if such a change were to happen and how many will drop it like a hot potato?

Go on, humor me.
    • Like x 1
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Same here (well, maybe one, once, butt it didn't last, just not worth the hassle)
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Haha I can't wait to see what certain peoples answer to this is...
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Can only one player use the Eye at a time? Or is it an artefact that doesn't work for DiPS?
    Attempting to figure out why DiPS don't spam it non-stop if it affects the precious Scoreboard that much
  12. Proxystar #Perception

The EOG circle is triggered upon using a supercharge.

Supercharge moves still have a cooldown timer and cost percentage.

This is why people are using the likes of dash attack and pheremone even though they're not particularly good damage deal moves because they're 25% of your supercharge and have cool down of 1-5 seconds etc.

They can basically be spammed and with the aid of supercharge generation mods, soul cloak and support roles also running EOG the dps running EOG can keep a circle going pretty frequently thus significantly boosting their damage.

The "cheese" of all of this is of course not lost on the veteran players and numerous people have mentioned and commented on it since its launch.
  13. Dene Devoted Player

Every scoreboard chaser would stop using it... but those that are in league runs etc would not care enough to suddenly stop using it

null point anyway.. since the devs wouldn't do that

A fair few DPS still use the one that increases everyone's might based on health.. I do not see ppl complaining about that one.. I wonder why
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

15. Proxystar #Perception

Thus exacerbating the irony of it all.

The people running the optimal EOG meta are usually taking the tetrahedron off and then relying on that player that still is running that artifact to buff their might, thus buffing their damage output, then they're relying on other players to help them by hopping in their EOG circle and buff their output.

The Tetrahedron provides a group benefit that contributes to every players individual damage output by increasing everyone's might. The EOG relies on other players participation then distributes the benefit just to the user.

This is actually a rather pefect "group team dynamic" unfortunately toxic players are toxic players and the only thing they care about is their name being in lights on the scoreboard.

I mean consider this too and this will be rather telling of the community we have, do you think the EOG users sit there and thank the DPS player who decreased their damage potential by running the tetrahedron so that they could benefit from it, do you think they thank the other players for standing in their field or do you think the player using the EOG would instead call them a scrub and go "Haha yo, beat you on the scoreboard noob"...

We both know which.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. ALB Dedicated Player

No one will use it. That's why the devs didn't make it that way. That still don't excuse anyone from jumping out of it.
  17. Dene Devoted Player

Its funny, I took the Tetra off because it meant I could replace it with EOG - but that is because I play Healer equally (if not more) and it serves both roles (same as soul cloak, in my case) - i got more "bang for my buck" so to speak (i'm electric, so its win/win in both roles for my situation)

I should have probably checked with my league mates if they did not all just do the same thing.. i'm assuming they didn't but oops LOL

but the gist of what you are saying is sad, imo, because that kind of "screw the group, it is all about me" mentality is so petty & toxic

Side point: In my league runs - we all benefit from my circle (in either role) and the top DPS are still top, because they are good at what they do
  18. E Clip Dedicated Player

Correct, no one would use it. In which case, would they be scrubs too and would they be excused from not using it?
    • Like x 1
  19. Dene Devoted Player

What are you trying to point out ?
  20. ALB Dedicated Player

It seem you're trying to justify something. What you are saying don't make sense. We are talking about an artifact that does exist, and if you jump out of it, imo you're a bad player
    • Like x 1