Players quitting Duos because of EOG?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alrighty Then, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I was standing in my base. I suspected someone, many people perhaps, use EoG in instances that I'm not even in and I rage quit.

And this one time at Best Buy I was buying psn cards. I was in line and said this is BS in such disgust and put the psn cards infront of the Itunes cards. The best Buy lady said whats wrong sir. I told her in a game I play someone used EoG. She goes yeah, thats why Im taking an early lunch break to calm down. I thought she was getting irked at the people infront of me by asking too many questions about some product. No she knew some people had fired off an EoG in DCUO... in a duo.

Later that day at a Walmart Neighborhood store. I seen this guy look at his smart phone oddly, like he was activing his supercharge power. I dove out of the way. Diving out of the way I took out two old ladies by dive rolling into their knees and hit my left eye orbital socket on the corner of the shopping cart as it fell over with the two old ladies. The Manager was there and really mad. Over the intercomm speaker I hear "Irv! people are using EoGs in duos in DCUO" Manager told everyone to get out, stop shopping and get out. He rage shut the store down because of some player using EoG in a duo.

People are getting arrested for taking their rage quitting too far because of players are using EoGs in duos.

This just in. An Armadillo rage quit some ladys' carrot and lettuce garden because a rabbit used an EoG. The Armadillo wandered out on a Texas highway and got ran over. When Garden duos go horribly wrong. Thanks EoG
    • Like x 5
  2. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Sorry but no. Everyone does not need or get a trophy. If they want the damage. They can get that artifact and level it up. There,............ problem solved.

People need to quit worrying about what others are doing or receiving.
    • Like x 3
  3. Knarlydude Loyal Player

[IMG]

IKR, I can't count the number of solos those pets have made me rage quit.
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

This is very much a statement:
    Like I asked earlier, did any of those players try to frantically avoid your EOG-fields? As that would very well be reason enough to assume that your EOG was their reason for leaving. There could again be numerous reasons for somebody to ditch a DUO.
  5. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Grammar police at it again. I suppose I should have said "after" instead of "because", in my follow up of the title.
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

I'm a grammar police apparently, but you're the one who wrote the post and made the statement. Not sure how many times you're going to just outright not answer the question. Did any of those players try to avoid your EOG fields in those runs before quitting, or not?
  7. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Oh! My mistake, message board prosecutor. One thing I've learned is never talk to prosecutors.
  8. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Actually, with the question mark at the end of the statement, "he is asking if this is a thing." Not saying it is. He is trying to get other people opinions.

It's called reading comprehension and reading between the lines.
    • Like x 1
  9. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I did not know to take video evidence, and have it analyzed by experts.
    There's not a lot of room in titles.
  10. Zneeak Devoted Player

Seems to me like you just want everybody to eat up your entire statement and whatever your agenda is with it, without questioning the lackluster information provided, if we can call it information at all. It's basically just you stating that players are doing this and that, because you say so.
  11. Zneeak Devoted Player

There was no question mark at the end of any of the statements in the OP, just in the title to get you to click it.
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

The fact you are getting so het up about something nearly everyone else was able to understand, leads one to believe you are one of those rage-quitting a Duo because some of your precious Score-board points are going to the other player

The fact that, in both examples, the other player quit after the Eye was used heavily implies that it was, in fact, because of the use of the Eye, and not because they both needed to go to the bathroom
    • Like x 1
  13. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

How do you know they left in a rage?
    - Maybe something came up that demanded immediate attention that was unforseen before they queued in.

How does one rage quit after the last boss? Didnt finish #1 in a ****in duo?

Are players really paranoid about this? What exactly is there to be paranoid about? Are you using paranoid in the right context? Is anyone going to prison if they're caught using EoG?

There could be a multitude of reasons why someone would leave, but yet its deemed rage quit. No one owes you or any one an explanation on why they are leaving.

I think a lot of players, presumably who do not want to spend real money to level up the EoG, or play enough to to get enough nth metal dropped, or didnt take advantage of an exploit to rank it to 160 are the ones, or most of the ones going *** over tea kettle in their complaints and hatred over the EoG.

Im really enjoying these EoG dumpster fire threads though. Mostly because of "I was in a duo and someone rage quit because of what bloom and EoG."

Players were ******** and rage quitting about scoreboard, who does what or wont, or what have you long before artifacts were released. Its just the latest and easiest thing to blame now. And its great to see the tears fuel this dumpster fire.

DBG milking cash and harvesting tears.
    • Like x 1
  14. MastaMind Dedicated Player

If someone quits over another person using that artifact then they aren't worth playing with in the first place. The only real logic in quitting would be getting salty over who gets top DPS, and if you have to quit because of something that anyone can use then you really don't have much to be proud of in the first place. To each his own. If someone wants to use a move more power to them.

Before you try to chew me out over it just know that aside from solos, duos, and old steamroller content I don't DPS. I gear my DPS role, max the augments and whatnot, but I just simply don't care. I always gear my healer role first. I primarily run as a healer. Reason why is because of this kind of sad gameplay. People always bicker about DPS and the same people who rage quit over stupid stuff are the same ones who boast and brag when they do "win". Oh, and I absolutely don't use the eye of the Gemini nor that iconic. However, I do enjoy it when a tank uses it :cool:

At the end of the day, even without that artifact and iconic power they would at the very least find another excuse if they did lose. As stated above, not worth the time of day. The best thing you can do is forget it, let players like that live in that fantasy world where they believe they're actually good, and have a laugh knowing that most scoreboard chasers are the 1st ones dead in elite content.
    • Like x 1
  15. Dene Devoted Player

omg.. omg.. I am reading this during my lunch break and nearly spit water all over the place.. SO funny
    • Like x 2
  16. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I don’t have EoG, but I strongly disagree. If the artifact is unbalanced, I support balancing it, but changing how it works to protect the fragile egos of scoreboard chasers? Please, no!
    • Like x 2
  17. Brit Loyal Player

Shrug. If I'm in a duo, and the other player is doing something other than standing AFK at the entrance, I consider them incredibly high quality.
    • Like x 6
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Please point me to where OPie mentioned 'rage quitting', honestly must have missed that part
  19. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

My hands are up, you got me. omit the rage part. Still valid on how its known if they quit because of EoG and pheromone bloom.

Then again, if players are quitting DUOS of all things because someone is using EoG... then the sentiment is rage quitting because of EoG.
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wasn't actually being rude, it's easy for me to miss things

As for the suspected reason, OPie did say that it was possibly just a co-inky-dinky that they both left after they used the Eye