People are okay with these costs for style unlocking????

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by hoaxone, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Tell us how you really feel, lmao

I agree though, subway sucks
    • Like x 4
  2. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

True that.
  3. velvetsanity Loyal Player

It’s better than McDonald’s...
  4. Emoney Dedicated Player

Annnnd, there will always be those people that praise the Devs for every bad business decision they have made, even though its killing the game. It will be those people left as the server shuts down, hope yall enjoy the ride.
    • Like x 2
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The game has been going fairly strong for over seven years. They are obviously doing pretty well with their business decisions. I disagree with many of their marketing tactics, too, so don't take this as me defending their decisions. Neither you nor I have access to their ROI data, though. If it wasn't fairly lucrative, we wouldn't see similar trends with many of the digital products.
    • Like x 3
  6. Plowed In Loyal Player

We all go “WEEEEEEEEE” during the ride.
    We all go “AWWWWW” when the ride ends.

I feel like you’re going “The park’s about to close!!!” We’re looking around going “it’s still daylight, there’s plenty of time left, what’s he worried about?!”

fwiw
    • Like x 5
  7. Emoney Dedicated Player

We all bought a ticket ahead of time....spending obscene cash in a raffle, and again at the door, each ride costs an extra 10$ to stand in line.
    • Like x 1
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Nope. Bought mine from the broker.
    • Like x 4
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Got mine off the broker, got a 2nd for my main villain alt...got a spare I later sold for 400 million as well. While I did get things from Booster bundles(like replays and scanners), I have never picked up any of the 'special' items from a BB and have not bought any off the last few rounds of BBs(didn't need more replays or scanners this time). I have every BB style except the OG Plasmic and liquid material (just didn't see wearing it) though, so there are some in the game who have not spend any RL money to get these styles.

As far as the OPs question on prices, I'm perfectly fine...in fact they can be triple the price as I don't plan on blowing 1 replay on buying any of these styles for alts. I'll buy the associated feat for 1, 3 or 5 replays...that's all I'm concerned with. I spend very little time anymore playing dress-up in this game. I'm too busy grinding out daily busy work and putting spammers on ignore.

Reinheld
  10. Plowed In Loyal Player

Did you quote the wrong post? Your situation doesn’t apply to what Vesper said.
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

Thing is, bad business decisions are not bad if they make good money. And I am sure that Style Unlocking will do that. In the last few days I saw so much more OG auras and villain styles on heros, that it's almost not even funny anymore. So far, countless of people proclaimed the death of the game due to "insert random chage". I never happened.
    • Like x 1
  12. Plowed In Loyal Player

I don’t think we’re at the same park (o_O).
    • Like x 4
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

If you buy your entrance ticket for a Park...
    Your entrance ticket will give you access to all the rides...but you still need to wait in line.

And even if you did buy your entrance Park ticket....
    you still need to pay $$$ for other items...
    like food.....
    like if you want to buy souvenirs like a T-Shirt.....
    like if you want to play games to "win" a plush toy.
    and other things I probably fail to mention.

;) ;)
    • Like x 4
  14. Vesper Dedicated Player

Again, I'm not talking about how the OG Nimbus were *DISTRIBUTED*. I don't care if you bought in on Broker, got it from a League bank, did a Trade with another player, got it as a gift from a friend. DOESN'T MATTER.

In order for the item to be GENERATED IN THE GAME, someone had to buy it. From a Booster Bundle. SOMEONE spent REAL MONEY to buy it. They bought a Booster Bundle & RNGeezus smiled on them and LO an OG Nimbus was inside. THEN they chose to trade it or gift it or put it in a League bank or toss it on Broker or whatever. BUT FIRST SOMEONE HAD TO BUY IT.

The game did NOT generate these for free. They didn't just pop up on Broker or for trade. They only exist in game because SOMEONE bought it. Whether or not it was YOU that spent real money isn't the point. The point is that SOMEONE BOUGHT IT, for REAL money.
    • Like x 4
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Just to be equally pedantic: even buying from a Booster Bundle does not necessarily mean someone paid more than $10-$15. Back when those bundles were sold, previous holiday sales included getting station cash for 25-50% off real cash.
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

It doesn't matter.

When people bought the auras they were buying them as single use auras. That's what they knew they were.

The fact that you can transfer these even if at cost is a bonus.
    • Like x 5
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Some people would complain, probably. And some people would praise them even if they were 5 times the price. Feedback is what it is.
  18. Emoney Dedicated Player

Lol, thanks Ive never been to one?

Thats a real park.

My description was DCUO as a theme park run by Daybreak..... a sarcastic reply to the ride comment.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Point taken. Still not sure exactly why it makes a diference, but sure....someone paid cash for that aura at some point (I won't point out that they could have used loyalty points, but let's call those cash too).

Reinheld
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That would only apply to PC players...meanwhile on the Playstation side where the majority of DCUO players reside, there were no such discounts. So the for the first two Booster Bundles people were paying a MINIMUM of $20 and then $10 per box after the third Bundle (when prices were reduced). And the ONLY way those people paid the minimum is if RNGesus blessed them lovely on that first open. Now while that did happen here and there, the reality is that much more was spent by others...including PC players. ;)