People are okay with these costs for style unlocking????

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by hoaxone, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

How many alts will you be unlocking them on?

Do you think that reduced prices would have resulted in more alts? Just curious.
  2. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

its a personal choice.. you dont have to get it.

i like to have a complete whole new look on my other toons ill never get a repeated aura... maybe ill buy some styles ill like to mix and match.
    • Like x 2
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

yeah they to expensive for me so i will rarely use style unlock if at all
  4. Proxystar #Perception

of course lower costs would have resulted in likely more transfers, but that doesn't mean the pricing is unfair.

They've probably decided this is the price point they want to start at and will move from there.

When replay badges are 50% off there's always that which reduces the price as well.
    • Like x 3
  5. Proxystar #Perception

LOL.
    • Like x 2
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

i guess the prices are indeed higher than expected. the thing is: now, you will have the possibility to unlock a desired style to get it without trouble on alts. to get the styles normally in game can take hours to farm a certain collection, it can be a raid reward, loot you just wont get for weeks (without replays), or something that is role specific and would demand to switch powers, most likely you would have to google it first to even find out how you can get it... all of that ^ can turn out to be a lot of work, annoying and troublesome. now, you can choose to simply click on a style and pay for it, instead of the grind. saves a lot of nerves, if you choose to do so. and here is were all of you have to decide for yourself: is it worth it? i guess the prices are indeed at the boarderline to exorbitant. of course: all of what i just have written is meant for stuff you can get at any time in the game. i think there should be no such thing as short time exclussive style items. however: there are some auras and same goes for them: you have to decide if the style is worth the cost to you or not. if the price is to high, then the style is not worth it to you, appearantly. however: the only kind of auras i think are worth it, are the differently colored slim auras. everything else is not making you look much better. well, thats my oppinion...
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

now, if we only had the possibility to delete some of the ugly styles we don't want to see in our style menu, i swear i would erase all of my plasmic auras (because i think they are the worst)... but thats just me. if we could remove the styles we dont want any longer to sell it to others who desperately search for them, i think that would not take away the exclussiveness, because you can sell BB auras at any time you want anyways...
  8. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

At least this thing we Know what we get for the prize instead of time capsules RNG ;)
    • Like x 3
  9. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

The costs? No, not really, I will rarely be using the system.

But having everything on 1 menu, now that really sucks. Seriously?! Now on top of all the pages of styles any of our characters already have, now we are getting extra pages of stuff that's not usable. The devs really do like to make sure we are always overstuffed with useless junk.

It would have been nice if they had made a separate tab on the style menu or just have an option in the settings whether to show them or not.
    • Like x 1
  10. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I feel like the aura prices are fine, but 22 badges for a 10-pt feat emblem seems a bit high.
  11. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I don't mind the prices for the rare, exclusive auras that are not coming back to the game ever.

I am just excited for upcoming phases, it's gonna be great, I wanna unlock my OG Radiant aura on my main.
    • Like x 4
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Have to give credit that style unlocking was well done.smooth, i like that you can preview the style on your alt. It's not something I was desperate for. The one toon I have that will benefit from it is on my B team, I rarely play the character and he only needs cheaper styles. I even noticed we get some "free" unlocks with enhanced styles. Forgot to check and see if the "Back from the Hack" styles are included and if so how much. The 4 and 22 rpb unlocks seems very fair.

I'd take it a little more personally if I were dying to unlock a bunch of auras on my alts. It is a little to steep. Very discouraging. If the costs were a little cheaper I'd be more inclined to unlock a few on a couple of my more played alts to have on them just for fun. As it is I am certain I will never unlock an aura . As noted it takes a lot of money and effort to get these items in game.

If the aura unlocks weren't s steep I'd give Style Unlocking an A+ but sadly the cash grab factor took over. Rare auras and the like should unlock at about a third of the cost.
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The Enhanced versions are FREE.

So... if 22 Replays is too much for an emblem... buy the FREE version.
    Or is it the Feat that you REALLY want to buy???
    • Like x 2
  14. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Not a fan of those prices, sure Bundle auras were limited time only but:

1. They don't look that great compared to recent ones, to me they're just a collector value which doesn't matter to me, meh
    2. TC auras are not that expensive on the broker compared to BB
    3. You spend 10-15$ on the MP stuff you can redeem on all of your characters and what if I want my nimbus on 10 characters eh? Yep, bye.
    4. You can count on RB sales but we know how often they happen right?

I like Style Unlocking but I look forward to get PVP/LOOT/TC/weapon styles more than auras (gear style prices seem more reasonable except TC's Crown and Hades and Wings of Sin and more soon*, free enhanced styles is a great deal though).
  15. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

They haven't been released for unlocking. Hope that they do though.
    • Like x 1
  16. The Anxient Loyal Player

Same old apologists defending the overbearing greed of this game.
    • Like x 2
  17. Eve YouTuber

I'm fine with the prices. It's rare, so I see no reason for it to be cheap. If I want it I'll unlock it.
    • Like x 2
  18. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

Although the implementation is welcome it is long overdue...Here are my problems with it;

- Implementing this option in the UI must have been very difficult but the execution is awful...It looks a mess when im scrolling through styles.

- Yep, way to expensive..it's just another cash cow.

However, i'm responsible enough not to spend any RP on game styles after all its down to choice. Your guilty of your own impulsiveness.
  19. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

It WAS rare, until you spent alot of time and money acquiring it in the first place and now are being asked to spend an obscene amount of money on it again for a 1 time unlock. Just baffling to me people find that ok. The greed in this game and the ease of which players have accepted it has reached critical mass. And dont give me that oh its a business, a lot of businesses make money in much more reasonable consumer friendly ways.
    • Like x 2
  20. TestReporter Loyal Player

I simply don't care. Having lower prices could probably sell more and be better for everyone? Sure, but it's their game and when we are talking about cosmetics, it's a question of buy or don't.

I just don't agree with the argument that the aura was more than $10-15 in the past, so the unlock for it should cost a lot now. After all we are unlocking the aura for a alt we probably wouldn't be spending money on.