Omaar's HL dps guide.

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by OMAAR, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

For only 100 power that seems out of line with other powersets, sound like it should be closer to 300 - 350
  2. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Gonna have to take a closer look but I can tell you I'm not seeing that. maybe the polarized + graviton charged aren't landing as I expect, but again I'll test this but quite sure you're wrong on it.
  3. Warlan New Player

read carefully, it's power per second. I haven't actually tested the power cost so I gave it 350. Even if it was 420 it would only be 120power/second which is half what HL use.
  4. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

i don't think you counting the power cost to setup the pi tho
  5. Warlan New Player

I'm back calcuating off league members saying they are doing 6k crits with it. Which I found out was the same base damage that fireburst does (or did), I pulled the numbers off the dcuo-book and I'm pretty sure those are old numbers they are not inline with Ice.
  6. Warlan New Player

If the PI isn't stripped it doesn't really matter. Even so, if I had numbers on the setup power I could include that.
  7. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Highest I've seen is 4kish with supply drop, cc trinket, debuffed and PI on. only 2250 might but that's a 11 and change modifier vs 13 and change modifier, it shouldn't be an additional 33% damage. Also I'm not sure that it doesn't split.
  8. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

weather a pi is not stripped away or not you still have to count the cast of getting it if you want to fully compare power used to damage applied
  9. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

One thing warlan, did you factor in supply drop modifier, 60% modifier, and a troller debuff? DId he have these? What was the base damage you calculated? Gonna do some testing on ths when I get home, I'm almost positive that you're wrong on this one, but probably just due to lack of info from your league mate. 50% extra damage from supply drop would make a 4k crit into 6k. which sounds much more reasonable.
    • Like x 1
  10. Warlan New Player

Yes but a one second cast followed by three tb gives total cast time of 11.5, so the effect is minimal. It still needs to be tested more and I'll do it tonight if we don't raid. The numbers I presented were based off second hand info, which I stated.
  11. Warlan New Player

Like I said, I don't know. He didn't mention supply drop and said the damage was 2k when not setup.
  12. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

You can follow a TB with a singularity/warped reality, doing that once every 3-4 TBs would keep the PI up pretty well. I only say singularity because might as well double up with the polarity and it's a more reliable. AE setup than using warped reality. Althought lots of quantum talk in HL thread =b, I'll try to confirm/deny warlan's numbers though.
  13. Photomancer New Player

guys whats the cold snap i haven't been on lately so i dont know what it is
  14. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

ST-Fan witht he jump cancel and phantom triangle.
  15. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Did TB 25 times, top was 1315, bottom was 1087 (there was a crit that converted to 900 but I think that was a fluke). This is with 2257 might and the 60% mod and no PI.

So that's 11.1565 might modifier.

Remove the modifier: 1315/1.6 = 821, 1087/1.6 = 679
    Go to base damage: 821/11.1565 = 73, 679/11.1565 = 60

With PI:

Only did 10 tests here: Top 1974 bottom 1574
    Remove modifier: 1233 and 983
    Go to base damage: 110 and 88

So avg from my quick testing is 66 w/0 PI and 99 w/ PI. VERY limited testing though so not numbers that can be used as fact.

Assuming 2800 might, that'd be 897 and 1346, assume 60% modifier and that's 1435 and 2153. Crits that's 3085 and 4628. Add another 50% for supply drop and you're seeing 6942 OR 6077, i'm not sure where or how the supply drop modifier is added. Is it on top of everything? is it added to the damage modifier? I listed them in that order though, but either way looks like you need supply drop to get 6k.

Also, does your buddy really have 2800 might base? if so... DAMN lol.

Looking at DCUO book looks like the base is higher than frost blast but the PI is probably right on as it's avg is 106 and I got 99 on this quick test.

Also I was using 2.15 as the crit modifier, if this is incorrect please inform me as that's one of those things I'm not sure on, but either way numbers shouldn't change too drastically I don't think.
  16. bedovean New Player

80-100 damage 6 dots of like 8 lol..worthless
  17. Mad9 New Player

Thanks for the input. FFF needs me to be mid range and gets difficult to pull off consistently when it comes to T5 baddies with the ever increasing risk of getting one shotted ( have been one shotted in the raid so many times, I feel I'd survive much better at range).

I'm sticking to Cold snap for the time being and occasionally mix SSS in the rotation. I am not seeing competitive number against a gadgets player at range anyhow despite having 1150 base precision.

Hopefully, at some point, meleeing just might become possible.
  18. Mad9 New Player

Thanks Omaar.
    The hard light community can always count on you to put in the hard work while some of us sit back.
    ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. bedovean New Player

Well got to last boss of nexus with jeebie today...that was interesting. They really need to fix PC because future batman owns us too hard since he does not accept aggro from the tanks. Oh well, only 2 more pieces of lvl 85 gear left! I still need to replace the might gear of course that i picked up from the alerts, but it had more prec then the greens anyway so winz :D

got blue brawl 162.3 damage now for rifle!
  20. LANT3rN2814 New Player

I been sticking with GAS for ranged bosses. On PS3 cold snap is very inconsistent, it seems to work 50% of the time, sometimes I get just snap no fan. I only noticed this issue when going from power snap trap 2 fan, but if I use ram snap fan no problems. Anyone else experiencing this issue.