Omaar's HL dps guide.

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by OMAAR, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Unrevoke New Player

Agreed, I hope they change it back. there was more risk/reward the other way and I don't wanna have to play this new AM like WM or the clipping AM where I have to keep refreshing my PI/buff
  2. Captain Neos Committed Player

Same here, I just want to let the combos flow.
    • Like x 1
  3. Unrevoke New Player

on test I'm noticing a very low crit chance when I do my tests... like 25%

I'm specced into all my crits except the "critical ability chance" socket affinities... It's my understanding that critical ability does not apply to our precision construct combos. Is everybody sure of this? Because my crit chance should be atleast in the 30s.
  4. jr1nc Dedicated Player

I really hope Tunso doesn't delay the AM for HL as in the testing thread I rather had it be 4 sec.. but because of some recent changes and following up on the xmas event I'm sure its very close to release therefore its more then likely that there will be no more changes! Just to clarify with some people in the community I have been hardlight since day one! I never switched powers nor did I leave the game! I worked with what the devs had made.. I don't agree on some changes but what can I do! Some people feel that combo constructs are slow! But regardless what happens after this update hardlight will have good damage then live! I am done with testing and all those players that want to switch I'm sure you won't be disappointed !
  5. xFearMe Active Player

Tunso. Please give inspiration an animation. Also thanks for the the new gu 43 changes.
  6. Sionn Committed Player

Is this what light dps has become since the big clipping nerf?

I thought about coming back to DCUO to try out the new content, but I got a headache just from watching that vid.

*sadness*
  7. jr1nc Dedicated Player

its not bad considering how long its been since gu36! but if you did come back there are other powersets you may be interested in!
  8. Rokyn Dedicated Player

You might want to try out the clipping mechanic that Light offers now through powerback. It works good for melee if you constantly clip combos. Range will be better with the Update with Fan having a bigger AoE cone, Impact/Ram hitting at least 2 ticks from range for all 8 targets, and Fan being able to combo into Impact for another free damage clip. But if you're using a ranged clipping mechanic then I would suggest using it on bosses since it's mainly singet target based. That is with the assumption that you're using Handclap, Snap Trap, or Grasping Hand in the rotation.