Omaar's HL dps guide.

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by OMAAR, Feb 15, 2013.

1. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I believe warlan has the crits factored in. All I found was an error in Omaar's crit calculations. He was using 110 total hits instead of 100 total hits by accident, giving him 26*crit mod + 84, when it should be 26*crit mod + 74. With the crit mods being variable on range or melee.
  2. Clip New Player

I still think GH-fan-pt-snap-fan-pt is doing a great job in raids like nexus! U wont be able to spam it the whole raid but when u have a single target and want to keep distance its a strong combo imo.
    GH-fan-pt deals more damage to a single target than snap-fan-pt.
    But the cooldown of GH wont let u spam but if u rotate these 2 combos u avoid the cooldown and it can be done real quick, the dots fromGH are stacking, fan hits hard and often. And like i said combo can be done really quick
  3. bedovean New Player

Already told you that I was looking into this combo. We had discussed it about 30 pages back as a possibily but scrapped it due to it being very inconsistent. It is much easier to jump fan cast the same power over and over again instead of alternating. So if u mess up for a second u are losing damage. I will have numbers for this tonite when I get home.
  4. bedovean New Player

So what is the numbers for range/melee and crit chance/damage
  5. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Assuming 2.15 for ranged (iirc it's not that exactly but i've seen it used) and 2.30 for melee.

26*2.15 + 74 = 129.9 which is a % modifier on your damage, so it's a multiplier of 1.299

for melee it's

26*2.3 + 74 = 133.8 or 1.338.

We're just assuming all hits are X, a variable that really doesn't matter as the base hit will be whatever it is.

Then we just assume 100 hits, out of that 26% are crits, so 26 hits get the crit modifier.

I hope that makes sense, if not pretty sure it's right at least =), or at least the math, the crit mods might be off slightly. I wanna say warlan was saying it's 2.13 and 2.27 but i'm not sure.
  6. bedovean New Player

GH-fan-phantom-St-fan-phantom ends up being slightly lower then GAS itself. Speed timed was 2.6 and was around 963 dps not including buff from range/melee
  7. Clip New Player

Sorry i missed that, but u cant cast the same power because the cooldown from GH starts when its finished. But if the numbers are lower then we can burry this combo again like 30 pages before :)
    I still cant believe the pull is a option even with the delay :D

A other question whats ur tactics to avoid the floor field from future lex in nexus? I think the raid is good to handle only his fields are able to whipe the raid... Maybe superspeeds phase dodge is a option, i tried to get out with roll or backflip but when i was right in the sequence of a construkt i did not make it out of it in time.
  8. bedovean New Player

I fight Batman's being a villain however ninja lays something similar and as far as I can tell block and hope the healers keep u alive lol. On villain side so far we are only able to kill 2 of them. Future and ninja are to hard due to not holding agro as jeebie can attest to this since we normally DPS together.

There really isn't dead time with gas since the pulls hit the same time as fan. Just think of the pulls dealing damage as you pull.

I have 3 new combos not mentioned previously. Work numbers to insure they are viable and double check them with Omar and warlan before posting. may be a surprise :)
    • Like x 1
  9. OMAAR New Player

I'm redoing CTSV values. Should be ready in a couple of days.
    I'm preparing a new charts that has a # number of hits vs crit number. Should be interesting.
  10. Potent New Player

Yomaar. What ever happened to that weapon clipping guide? :(
    • Like x 1
  11. Enjoi Well-Known Player

Hit 964 prec last night, i owe it all to lights derp and Omaar!!! thanks guys for all of your help and hard work with this guide
    • Like x 1
  12. Warlan New Player

If you combo into GH how much damage does it do now and do you get the Dots?
  13. Clip New Player

These new raids are not the biggest fun as a HL dps... Single target long range attacks seems hard to pull off as a light player. I did till now more damage than any other dps i met in nexus and paradox so far but i used way more mana than them. Even more than a electric or gadget dps!

I keep looking at the skill trees but i dont see any other way to deal massive single target damage while beeing ranged. Maybe bedoveans new combos are ranged :) that would be great news!

Btw i keep using backflip now in nexus to get out of future lex floor fields but my success rate is slim :D
    I hope SOE sells soon 30 minute godmode packages on the marketplace so i can NCN the crap out of lex and this one eyed monster in paradox wave :D
  14. Warlan New Player

The combo you are using, GH>Fan>/ST>Fan uses quite a bit of power and is one of the least power efficient combos we have other than SSS which is actually one of the worst. For single target you're better off doing the pull part. It's almost the same single target DPS but is more power efficient. To be even more power efficient start with impact before going into GH.
  15. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Me and bed are like as even as can be on damaging, he used slightly more power and did slightly more damage last run. We're talking like 2.35 mil to 2.4mil or something like that and 250 vs 260k power.

The GAS combo seems to be doing very well for him, which makes sense, lots of single target killing + better power cost than cold snap.

HL is still very good at range damage, just their speed advantage has been nullified in t5 with things actually lasting longer than a combo or two, and their true strength lies in melee.
  16. Warlan New Player

If I'm correct, Quantum can spam TB and do about 4600 DPS on 4 mobs for only 100power/s. *depends at what point it splits damage)*

Even so on 1 target they are probably at 1200 dps vs say SSS which would be same DPS. Difference is they use 100power/s and we would be using 260power/s.
  17. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

That would mean you're doing 4600*3 damage each time you use it. I can tell you that it does not do this. It hits for under2k per hit usually so it's surely not doing 13k damage per use even on big piles of adds that are all PI'd.

On one target my avg hit with it is still under 2k, it would need to be 3600 to get 1200 dps spamming tb.
  18. Warlan New Player

No, I'm saying on 4 mobs you do 4600 total damage. SSS does 3200 total damage on 4 mobs in comparison but uses 2.5x the power. There's nothing we can do that can be that power efficient at 4+mobs. *if it doesn't split on 4*
  19. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

hehe you said DPS!, but yeah that sounds about right then. But yeah that's exactly what me and bed found. After first fight in nexus, I was ahead, there was a lot of splash damage. In the hallway I was ahead. Then we got to the first solo guy and he pulled ahead, then hallway and I evened back up. THen he was pulling ahead while we were on third guy. Ninja batman is a fargin icehole bastige.
  20. Warlan New Player

Sorry, it is DPS like I originally said. But I'm combining the damage on each mob. It's not 4600 DPS per mob, it's 4600 total dps on 4 mobs. With crits and 2800 might you should be averaging around 4235 damage per mob (this includes crits). Cast time I'm assuming is 3.5 seconds.