Nova's Magic Mastery Guide to Sorcery

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Castrato Well-Known Player

Sorry for confusing everyone. The only reason why I told you my resto is to let you know that my resto was high enough to heal everything in game and that I was going to drop my elite resto mods for dps mods for dps role.

Since I had so much resto, in healer role and I don't feel like battle healing, I was wondering what elite mods for the dps side of things people were doing and why?

Apologize for the confusion. I'm really sick and on some meds that make me loopy.

Hopefully that clears some things up
  2. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Might scales better than precision atm abd sorcery dies alot of might damage
  3. WildcatHunter Committed Player

you still going might and prec in reds?
  4. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

At then moment I'm going pure might and liking the results. Not fully modded with exos because I'm not giving them monthly 10 bucks in recovery kits. But I'm running full might synth atm. bd looking at lots of nice yellow numbers. Watching my sw tick at 500-700. Trans is critting 6k^ Abd I don't see that much difference in my prec hits.
  5. WildcatHunter Committed Player

yeah i know based on how the formulate prec and might some times i do more dmg with full prec and prec soders nice to see things headed back towards a full might swing but give it time and it will be back to prec gotta sell those kits
  6. Castrato Well-Known Player

So, i wound up putting Precision mod in A and Might in B.

My stats are something like, sorry I'm omw home at the moment,:

Might: 10,989~
    Precision: 4,950~

Just wondering if anyone else has been playing around with their elite mods?
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm assuming these are prefab vs Exo mods. If Exo mods, I'd hope you'd use 2 P&M vs 1P and 1M as the total increase for 2 of the mixed mods is more than the 2 straight ones.

Personally, i'm just using Betas on anything up until 118 gear. 118, 119,121 and 123 i'll Exo mod....everything else is disposable and I just want the crit bonuses until I can get another piece. I'll save the 5 marks on the prefab for the next piece I get. I'll recover my 1 Exo when I dump the beta.

Reinheld
  8. WildcatHunter Committed Player

they are talking about the elite affinities you get when you equip 4 pieces of elite gear from the elite alert. they are seperate mods you get from tech wing you get affinity a with 2 pieces of gear affinity b comes when you land the 4th piece currently im missing 1 piece of elite gear so i only have the a affinity bonus
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ah...sorry....got it.

Reinheld
  10. WildcatHunter Committed Player

No need to apologize I'm here to help
  11. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

I got a buddy that switched his DPS to Sorcery. He's Earth and wanted to try the other Pet class. He's looking for an ideal loadout. Does this sound like it'd work pretty well for most situations.

Fury, Offering, CoD, WoD, Shard, Transmutation/Final Ruin (on bosses).
  12. Absolix Loyal Player

WoD is purely single target, so without getting the WM crit it is not as useful. It can have some uses as it can tick 5 times for decent damage, but it is not the must it is for WM.

Soul Well is second in damage only to CoD, and provides a +3% crit chance buff once and enemy dies while it is out.

Final Ruin is not particularly powerful at the moment, but that may eventually change if it gets a change like Defile has on test.

Grand Summoning is very powerful as Offering powers the second Fury that it spawns as well. If you can work with a Gadgets controller with Battle Drone and line the drone up with Grand Summoning it get or have a troll with a movement tree supercharge power regen supercharge you can get even more power for the extra pets.
    • Like x 1
  13. Delta795 New Player

Weapon: HB using SF clip
    Loadout:
    Shard, CoD, Fury, Offering, Transmutate, Grand Summoning

WoD is single target and not that great & final ruin just doesn't hit that hard. Soul Wells are fine when adds are present...too bad things are dying so fast that you are wasting your time putting them up and virtually useless in a boss fight.

I'll start by saying this loadout IS NOT very power efficient, so when lacking a controller you need to alter your rotation to take advantage of the power regen and switch from SF to SK

In an extended fight:
    (Fury always active and re-power when Offering is off cooldown)
    Shard, CoD SF clip Trans SF clip Trans SF clip Trans
    (BK is active till CoD is 3/4 off cool down so reapply as needed)

Usually by 3rd clip Offering is of cooldown, continue SF clip Offering then repeat. As usual trinket is never off cool down and supply drop boost before using GS.

For trash mobs, skip the CoD and just clippity clip SF Trans
    • Like x 1
  14. Xibo Loyal Player

Sorcery is the only power that you can do a lot of damage choosing Might or Precision or both.
  15. Xibo Loyal Player

My opinion is: Fury, Offering, Shard of Life, CoD, Soul Well, Grand Summoning.
  16. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I like this loadout in lower content. I will also say that this is also good on Trigon last boss fight. Adds die fast on the final fight so soul well on here will do much more dps than the Circle.

I tested it for the reg version but haven't used Soul Well on Elite version Trigon. I will soon though.

Edit: Oh well I use the weapon of destiny in my loadout where I don't have circle.
  17. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

This answered my question. Considering a return to DCUO and still trying to figure out which power to use- since Electricity's viability has vanished; prior to that I was Sorcery for quite some time. Right now my Electric main is full Precision, because I never used the AM and always used WM, however, with Atomic being full Might, I was planning to remod to Might but wanted to see how other powers were working with Might since I may not like Atomic. I know when I was last with Sorcery I went mixed mods, since AM negates WM but weapons are still necessary as you stand around buffing Fury. :cool: So it's good to know that if I should decide to return to Sorcery in the future, that going full Might won't be a problem.
  18. Zickkk Active Player

Does this loadout make any sense as a healer?

Shard/Transmutation, CoP, Rejuvenate, R.Word, Offering and Fury.

I'm on duos the other day and I use Shard, Trans, CoP, Rejuvenate, R.Word and Watcher and my partner dies 4 times. I lose track of his health because I was busy fighting and fend off enemies. I also lose track that my watcher is out of power.

I come out with this loadout so that Fury can attack besides my partner and I can perhaps focus more on their health.
  19. Zickkk Active Player

And does R.Word gives PoT to Watcher? I didn't realized as I was fighting.
  20. Absolix Loyal Player

Shard is good as a tank heal, but with a more limited AoE it likely won't hit anyone in your group unless you have melee Dps meleeing the targeted enemy. It does a decent job with setting up the PI.

Trans is good on groups as it's healing scales with the amount of enemies with Bad Karma hit. It also suffers from some range restriction, but it is much bigger than Shard's being more like mid-range.

CoP is a nice HoT and it can either be used on an enemy to be more help for a tank or by avoiding targeting any enemies you can center it on yourself and be more of a group HoT.

R. Word is a standard 4 man burst that powers the Watcher and is the most power efficient heal when the Watcher heals are counted.

Offering and Fury do not benefit healers as Sorcery does not have the AM damage in healer roe yet, and neither provide any healing.

It increases the power regeneration for the Watcher. It is not technically a PoT, but it works like one that ticks much more often for smaller ticks.