Nova's Magic Mastery Guide to Sorcery

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Zickkk Active Player

Then I should shape my skills more right? It is a bit disappointed to see your partner dies at my watch. Any tips to play as the healer? How far should I keep my distance? What should my focus be? What should I first prioritize?

For example, when in duos or alerts... Should I focus on beating all adds or doing jobs like disabling stuff / transfer things etc?
  2. WildcatHunter Committed Player

90% of the time boon of souls and powering watcher with ritualistic word keeps everyone alive in duos and alerts. If your taking extreme dmg throw down cop. In small content I like transcendence for some oh crap heals and a little power to you and your team. Use a weapon like brawling wm if u have the sp or ma range combo enhanced shiruken to keep your hit count up and build sc. Most duos you can run 2 dps especially with the way fury hits trash mobs. Grand summoning can add some small heals to you and your team in dps role and adds another fury to the equation. The exception is when you are near cr requirement for the duos in episode 15 and 17. The cr requirement is to low for those duos and at 113 your fury will hit like your grandma with a pillow.
  3. Zickkk Active Player

90% boon of souls and R.word? Just then, I ran through metropolis and gotham to beat the wanted list villains. 90% of the time I use CoP, R.Word. 70% of Rejuvenate and Boon of souls. And I distance myself very far from the fight. I realize that CoP doesn't work everytime as the boss is constantly jumping everywhere. When and how do you do the CoP?
  4. comrade sonya Committed Player

I decided to try sorcery healing for 3rd time even though I despise it, am I the only one that feels that sorcery is more limiting than the other healer sets? It's so much harder to heal the group up without relying on targeting and positioning. All the other healer sets have powers that heal multiple people regardless of location and they have fast cooldowns, sorcery has that 4 man and watcher heal but it's not something you can spam.

Right now I'm trying boon, cop, shared fate, rejuv, shard, ior. Any advice or opinions? I like boon for pickups and taking big hits, cop is great for the tank or the group, shared fate really shines with adds (Is there a cap, or does it add a heal for each enemy present?), rejuv seems to be the strongest 2 person heal compared to the other healer sets plus it's good for clipping, shard is great for the tank, and IOR is just there I don't like those types of cast heals but I feel like it's more useful for sorcery.
  5. Absolix Loyal Player

Soul Siphon is a group heal, applies AoE Bad Karma, and grants Golden Soul Aura.

Invocation of Renewal is a full range group heal that acts similar to an execute, doing more healing to group members with 35% or below health.

I'd say Soul Siphon is the more spammable one.
    • Like x 1
  6. WildcatHunter Committed Player

Cop doesn't require you to stand in it to get the heals you just need to touch the circle once. In raids I like to cast shards on the boss to keep a hot up and cop on the group unless you have a melee dps. To cast on yourself or group simply look down and cast. Between boon/watcher/ritualistic word I can keep myself and an alert team alive. I cast cop when you have multiple adds or a melee dps. Seems like no one wants to run a troller in small content so I really play reactively only using rejuve when neccesary. You mentioned in your op that someone died 4 times in duo and I want to let you know their are times when you will take extreme dmg if you stand in an aoe or refuse to block a special attack. Many times dps refuse to stop spamming an am when they need to block. Most times you can heal through those if you know when its about to happen. If you have a partner that doesn't know how to block kindly let them know what button it is and what the tell is before said attack.
  7. Proto1118 Committed Player

I'd say Electric is more challenging to use when it comes to positioning.
    Sorcery does seem a little limited in healing 8 players. It does have options but there is always a catch. Transmutation needs BK and a target to heal, Soul Siphon needs a target to heal and multiple adds for max potential, Watcher goes through power like nothing even if no one needs healing, and IoR has a cast time. Also, RW's cooldown is too long. I think it should be reduced by half.
    In alerts, it's so easy but in raids with players all over the place and mechanics doing their thing, I find it a bit tough to keep up with the incoming damage when compared to Celestial.
    • Like x 1
  8. comrade sonya Committed Player

I've been using boon, cop, ritual, rejuv, shard, watcher for BD and it's been working fine. (I should probably switch out watcher for shared fate in the last boss, there's a lot of adds)
  9. Outlaw Trevor Well-Known Player

So I am a 143 healer and I usually do fine with solo healing but I'm just curious to know what your guys rotation is for raids?
    I run with rejuvenate, soul well/boon of souls depending, CoP, shards, RW, and watcher.

Any suggestions will help as I'm sure I will have to solo heal the new raid here soon
  10. comrade sonya Committed Player

I'd rather switch out watcher than shard just because of how useful it is for healing the tank and all the nearby melee dps
  11. motionsick Well-Known Player

Uh, are you running Fury or Watcher? if Watcher, yes RW powers the Watcher.

I would run Boon of Souls also, but I don't see the point of running Sorcery in healer role in a duo. Run in DPS and crush everyrthing instead.

As for your partner dying so many times, maybe they were just not very good?
  12. Zickkk Active Player

I really didn't know that. I just thought that you're suppose to be in role when grouping -.-

my partner not very good? I dunno but there are signs :rolleyes:
    but it bumps me when he die frequently.
  13. motionsick Well-Known Player

In a duo there are no role specific queues. Most people prefer if you run as 2 DPS usually.

If you queue for an Alert or Raid, yes you can select DPS or Healer, or Both.
  14. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Hey all, have a friend looking for a good sorcery dps loadout, was wandering if I could get a few different loadout options.
  15. Proto1118 Committed Player

Popular loadout is Fury, Offering, Shard of Life, Circle of Destruction, Transmutation, and Grand Summoning.
    Solar Flame clip or Scissor Kick clip is the preferred combo between powers.
    • Like x 2
  16. Absolix Loyal Player

Since Soul Well grants you +3% crit chance for 1 minute after an enemy dies when it is out and only CoD on enemies with Bad Karma outdoes it's damage, it is typically a staple of Sorcery Dps loadouts. Typically you use it once initially to get the crit buff once a minute and then only use it for bosses since it takes so long for it's damage to play out which isn't good for fast dieing adds.
  17. Gr33n Static Well-Known Player

Instead of using Shards of Life couldn't I replace that with Soul Syphon? Also Do you not use Weapon of Destiny in your loadout?
  18. Gr33n Static Well-Known Player

Working on my loadout and need some advice.

Current loadout- Shard of Life, Circle of Destruction, Transmutation, Fury, Offering and Grand Summoning. i have done away with weapon of destiny

Should I remove circle of Destruction and replace it with Soul well (SW) or leave it as is? I've heard because of the 3% crit bonus SW is much better, but I find with raids and boss fights Soul Well doesn't do much for me, because of the range. I find it easier to drop the Circle of Destruction under a boss and go from there. Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks,
  19. comrade sonya Committed Player

I've been using offering, cod, transmutation, wod, fury, and gc. I'm not sure if wod if is a dps loss but I've only been outdpsed by 2 people so far and they were both 1 cr above me.
    • Like x 1
  20. motionsick Well-Known Player

WoD is a bit of a waste of time.

CoD, Soul Well/Grand Summoning, Transmuation, Offering, Fury, Shard. With Hand Blaster's Solar Flame clip each power.

Lay down your PI with Shard, and go forth with Circle, Offering, Transmute, Transmute, and so forth, clipping each one.

Swap Soul Well for Grand Summoning in Boss Fights either with a loadout change or an Armoury change.
    • Like x 1