Nova's Magic Mastery Guide to Sorcery

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Gr33n Static Well-Known Player

Thanks for the advice.
  2. comrade sonya Committed Player

The reason I like wod is because it lets me clip offering because they share a cooldown, so I do the scissor kick then offering/wod, followed by a scissor kick with either cod or transmutation.

With soulwell's long animation won't it end up being similar to pre-loading warp barrage, a dps lost over time due to how long it takes?
  3. WildcatHunter Committed Player

No because wb doesn't have a 3% crit buff it also doesn't proc when an enemy dies near it. Using wod is a waste of power in the am loadout at cr142 it does 800-1200 dmg every cooldown compare that to cod Transmute Shard soul well there isn't any. It's cool that it clips but that's about all it does.
  4. Proto1118 Committed Player

I don't use WoD but you can. Shard does more damage than Soul Siphon which is why I use it.
    • Like x 1
  5. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Does anyone use WM combos anymore with Sorcery? When I was last Sorcery, I always used DW->Bow WM... but that was over a year ago before any AM updates.
  6. Absolix Loyal Player

There have been updates to nonWM combos that have made them just as useful if not more than DW's Explosive Shot Mastery. HB with either Solar Flame or Scissor Kick is pretty popular. Bow with spamming Arrow Storm in between refreshing DoTs is also very good.

If you want to do Sorecery' highest potential damage you are going to have to use melee weapon combos like Brawling's Haymaker, DW's Dual Flurry, MA"s Smoke Bomb, 1H's Flip Slash, and Shield's Handspring Kick.
  7. vowel New Player

I'm guessing the answer is no to this. But is the 'old' way of playing sorcery still viable? Meaning, little to no use of the pet, no real weapon mastery. Mainly relying on your dots and spreading bad karma. This is how I played sorcery back in the day as DPS and it's how I enjoyed it. Weapon Mastery bores me and the new pet system doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. How much less damage are we looking at with the 'old' way?
  8. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Thanks for the reply but that's a no-go for me because that is one of the reasons I'm considering leaving Atomic, I don't like melee combat and even Atomic's "range" options still have very limited actual 'range' to the abilities. In the past when I played Sorcery it was always ranged, it also tends to be how I play my characters in ESO... ranged with a pet doing the melee/aggro part. In regards to weapons, I actually had just switched my main from DW to HB, so I guess I'll have to work on my SK and SF skills.
  9. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Old school DPS died a while ago
  10. L T Devoted Player

Honestly I'm surprised you don't like pets. The Pet and DOT AMs are actually pretty close to old school clipping-- they just use less power.
    Two-handed->arrow storm weapon mastery still does ok. It pairs well with WoD, and for those times when you run low on power it's good for building it up again.
    All powers are going to do less damage at long range. That's just the direction the game is going in.
  11. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

It never fails to amaze me how often the game developers try to manipulate how people play the game and how often it backfires in their face, only to have them months later try to manipulate the game in another direction. They seem to think it keeps players interested and what it tends to do instead is drive long-term players out of the game, you'd think they'd learn, but no... nobody ever learns from history it seems.
  12. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Looking for feedback on my loadout/rotation:

Fury - Offering - Shard - Soul Well - Circle - Grand Summoning

Fury > Offering > SW > Circle > Solar Flare > Shard > Scissor Kick > Shard > Scissor Kick > Offering > Scissor Kick > Shard > etc refreshing DoTs as needed.

Anything I can change? My damage is "good", not where I'd like it to be after seeing real sorcery players use it, but it's good. Open to any and all suggestions
  13. motionsick Well-Known Player

I wouldn't have Soul Well and GS in the same loadout. You only need GS for boss fights. While you're in hallways fighting adds you're not going to wasting a SC so you might as well have another power in there.

Adds/Hallways/Building SC:
    CoD, Soul Well, Fury, Offering, Transmutation, Shard

Boss Fights:
    Swap soul well for GS. This can be done before the fight with loadout change, or during with another armoury.

I would let Fury hit before you run Offering, otherwise it's a bit of a waste of power at the very beginning.

SF/Shard to apply the bad karma PI, SF/Circle, SF/Offering, SF/Soul Well, SF/Transmute, SF/Transmute

You basically want to time re-applying Bad Karma before your Circle dissappears. Transmute will do more dmg to enemies with Bad Karma.

With a controller, you should be able to spam SF/Transmute while you wait for things to finish cooldown.
    • Like x 1
  14. Unida Dedicated Player

i was using WOD with the brawls into MA shuriken storm thing. seemed to work pretty well tbh.

and yes, good for the clips
  15. AlexanderUnder Level 30

Recently switfhed to sorcery from earth. I have to say, Gs is a rock and roll sc!!:)
    My loadout is Cod,Wod,Offering,transmut, Fury and Soul well. Gs for bosses.
    And i wanna to say that wod , when u use that power and do 1 hit, auto put bad karma, so not needed to use shard.

I tested pretty all loadouts with using Hb into Sf and i have to say that loadout with wod deals best dmg. Rotation is looks like that:
    Start with transmutation, sf-offering- wod, sf- cod, sf-soul well.Repeat. While powers ll be on cooldown just spam sf-transmutate.
    Its a bit power hungry, especially transmutate, but its best atm if u re using Hb.
    When i ll get weapon like 2h and staff ill make test with that weapons. Cheers:)
  16. AlexanderUnder Level 30

EDIT:
    Ok i made all my tests with 2h , Staff, Brw and Hb.
    THE BEST Dmg u can get with HB SF. And dont forget about being interrapted while in boss finght and Hb into Sf is fastest way to back to deal good dgm. Brw is good for faster getting SC but r overla dps drops a bit. Mortar Mastery has lower dps output than 2h Arrow Storm. So for DPS players who plays Sorcery there r 2 good weapons to choose:
    - Hand Blasters into Solar Flame clip
    -2h into Arrow Storm Mastery(good for situations where u ll have low power)
    Cheers :)
  17. Absolix Loyal Player

What were you using when you tested Bow?
  18. AlexanderUnder Level 30

U mean loadout?
  19. Absolix Loyal Player

I mean as far as using you weapon, what combos, etc.
  20. AlexanderUnder Level 30

i never tested Bow btw :) Cuz if u like using Bow combos - u re welcome to test it :)