Nova's Magic Mastery Guide to Sorcery

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Vyltran Loyal Player

Fury is a good partner if you know how to use it, in AM terms.. ;)
    • Like x 2
  2. soulxmetal New Player

I been trying fury, I went with SW,shard,circle,offering,grand summoning. using 1h/hand blasters. I been getting really good damage. i just mainly keep bad karma up and circle. keeping fury powered with offering he does really nice damage and just the WM combo is putting nice numbers too. its good not having to worry about getting interrupted all the time.
    I like how fury looks too.

also with max damage supposedly out tomorrow, how will this effect us sorcerers?
  3. Vyltran Loyal Player

Probably none, cause we are in a "50% range" all time when we talk about CoD - Final Ruin - SoL - Offering, etc. Our DoTs & our AM makes Sorcery a well balanced power, and with a 60% bonus.. probably our damage output will be awesome...

I
  4. ChicagoGuy33 Active Player

I don't use fury,offering or final ruin instead I use Sol 50% Wod 45% Cod 45 or 40% trans and Sw 35% and a SC with handblasters. I put the Max damage mod on and don't really see any difference. Is it something I'm doing wrong? Also Sorcery Am is only dealing with the pets and they call that our AM? Lol so sad if so. I don't see anybody using fury when I'm dpsing. If so I will blow their numbers out the water while not using one so the AM does nothing for me. Do anybody see any difference with Max damage mod
  5. Vyltran Loyal Player

I haven´t tried that mod, i will log in later and find out what's happening.
  6. ChicagoGuy33 Active Player

Cool because I would like to get the best out of it if I can..
  7. EtOH New Player

En
    Entirely agree, whenever I run content against others who use a Fury loadout (including RW), I have always blown them out of the water. Granted skill or gear may be different, but in the times I have seen, these people were usually equally or better geared to my DPS (running Synthetics until I get drop gear versus those who run full on appropriate 6 mods).
  8. EtOH New Player

With the Max Damage mod, would you guys consider Soul Siphon to be feasible for any situation (DPS wise)? Or does Shard of Life still seem to outperform on bosses?
  9. L T Devoted Player

Soul siphon's problem is that it pulls enemies in towards you-- not something you generally want to do as a dps. The idea of it (I guess) is that you use it to pull enemies into your cod/soul well or into range of transmute and karmic backlash.

OTOH the point of the mod is that any power will work. So if you want to focus on weapon attacks, even condemn will work as a cheapie power to give your wm combo's the 60% buff.
  10. Xibo Loyal Player

11. ChicagoGuy33 Active Player

Did they nerf weapon mastery? Because my HB tap ,hold, tap don't really hit over 12k on the Explosive Shot part anymore while last week if I put down a supply drop and pop my trinket I could hit 21k with the explosive shot. Anybody else seeing lower numbers?
  12. Vyltran Loyal Player

I found nothing new about using max damage.. about weapon mastery, i can't tell you exactly cause i use 2h -> Arrow storm / Staff -> Mortar .. i will try later...
  13. ChicagoGuy33 Active Player

I know I wasn't the only one feeling this way. They started a new topic in the forums about this.
  14. Captain Spectacular New Player

Anyone ever consider not using transmute? I know it sounds crazy but just using shard seems to net more damage. WM/Shard/ COD>WM/Shard/SW/WOD, then WM/Shard until cool downs expire and start over. Since I gave up TM my damage has taken off. Shard is hitting upwards of 3500 unbuffed and this means it's extra 4 ticks never stop and are always up, plus once I have all 6 ticks going and cast another shard, I'm seeing the other 5 ticks crit every time I cast it. Just food for thought
  15. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Well, I've tried this before and I will say that I've found that the effectiveness of it depends entirely on the speed of your WM combo. If you have a fast WM combo then you may be able to place a Transmute in there before SoL's DoTs even expire. If you have a more lengthy WM combo you may find yourself casting either Shard or Transmute directly from your Loadout tray rather than 100% after a WM combo. Though Shard has many more uses and higher damage potential overall due to it's DoTs, Transmutation still has higher base damage.

Most slip into a pattern of WM > Shard > WM > Transmutation {Rinse & Repeat once all DoTs are out}. Omitting Transmutation in favor of WM + SoL spam won't effect you negatively especially if you have a WM combo that is just long enough to not Overwrite your DoTs. That's not too big of a deal though because overwriting your own DoTs only effects your power consumption.
  16. Echephyle New Player

I still hit for 12-15k. Just your luck I guess?
  17. Captain Spectacular New Player

I'm using HB, once the max damage mod came out I tried to add transmute back in, but same result, I started to fall behind.
  18. Vyltran Loyal Player

HB WM is too slow for me (Hold Tap Hold / Hold 3x).. but as Whizzy said, the most used pattern for this situation is "WM > Shard > WM > Trans" .. if you prefer using Shard all the time, you will be just overwriting your own DoTs.

in my concept, DW -> Arrow / 1H -> Solar / Brawl -> MA / 2H -> Arrow / Staff -> Rifle are faster enough to take advantage of your DoTs.
  19. Ogat New Player

[IMG]Parsed on the 8 sparing targets in the leaugehall, using my own super secret AM+Clipping rotation.
    • Like x 1
  20. Ogat New Player

Side note during my tests I've found That not using shard in the rotations can lead to a 800 -1k effective dps loss, and WoD is superior to soulwell in both single target and aoe situations(in case anyone was conflicted between the two).