Nova's Magic Mastery Guide to Sorcery

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Captain Spectacular New Player

Hmmm... using HB is a tad slower, but it doesn't appear I'm getting it off before shards ticks expire. I don't have the ability to test like you guys test all I can do is go off gut and eyeballing it. Once I stopped using transmute my damage increased by a ton. This is only based off running with the same dpses for the most part and testing new loadouts against them to see how I fair. I went from consistently being behind by 500k to beating them by 800k over night after trying this out and that gap has only widened as I got more comfy with it. Oh well its working for me. Cheers
  2. Vyltran Loyal Player

If you, sorcery user, like using fury on your favourites raids & so forth, you can always try these loadouts.

COMMON FURY LOADOUT (F-AM1): FullBadKarma.

COMMON FURY LOADOUT (F-AM2): - RedKarma+BadKarma.

Easy rotations - fun to play. The differences are the following ones:

- Weapon of Destiny, allows you apply BK and as a weapon buff. Very useful power for clipping your sorcery spells.
    - F-AM1 is a much faster loadout than F-AM2, due to last point said. Soul well increases chances of more DoTs but slow you at the same time.
    - People taking advantage of #MaxDamage #HomeTurfMod tend to use - F-AM1 - loadout.
    • Like x 2
  3. Abisial Committed Player

Just got a sorcery toon to lv30 never really looked at any guides and this one has like 59 pages which pages would help me get a good loadout?
  4. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Hey, welcome to the guide and Sorcery! I went and pulled some great community load outs for you within the thread. Feel free to try any of these shared below. There are also some posted in the initial guide on the first page in Post's #10 and #11
  5. Abisial Committed Player

Thank you very much sir! I made this Sorcery toon solely to check out the AM, so I will surely be trying out those loadouts :)
  6. Abisial Committed Player

I'm trying the Grand Summoning loadout what weapon do you recommend?
  7. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Can someone share what kind of Power bonus crits you are hitting when utilizing WM versus AM/Fury?

I am asking because yesterday I ran a comparison between AM vs WM and found WM miserably deficient in comparison. Keeping in mind I only have 88 SPs... I switched all my mods to: Might/Health-blues, Prec/Power-yellows, and Prec/Might in reds. I ran Nitro soder, Might trinket, Escalating Might neck mod, and even Boo Jr. trinket (240 Might 20/s)... and in Gotham Under Siege missions I was only seeing 3-4K WM Power bonus crits using Transmutation with DW>Explosive Shot. This in comparison to the rare 18K Power bonus I saw with Electricity and E-Bomb using this same exact setup, although typically I saw more 8-10K Power crits.

With Sorcery and AM, I remodded back to full Precision mods, Flex soder, Precision trinket and Relentless Precision neck mod. Even without using the Precision trinket, I regularly hit 6-10K with DW>Explosive Shot combos alone. Needless to say I breezed through these missions without any stress on my power bar and I rarely ever even used Offering, this in contrast to the WM loadout in which my power bar suffered greatly and it seemed to take longer to cut through NPCs.

WM Loadout: Shard, CoD, WoD, Transmutation, Guardian, Final Ruin
    AM Loadout: Shard, CoD, WoD, Transmutation, Fury, Offering

This is why I'm curious to hear what other people typically get with WM Power crits and what power they use to achieve these crits. I even tried Shard and Final Ruin with WM but both of those bonus crits were even worse.
  8. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

These combos would be the easiest to use and play with:
    • Dual Wield into Bow "Explosive Shot":Fast ranged "1-2 punch" AoE combo with a heavy finish.11%
    • 1-Handed into Hand Blaster "Solar Flame":A solid Ranged alternative for damage. It's a bit slower than most but packs a punch.14%
    • Hand Blaster into Bow "Explosive Shot":Decent AoE combo damage at range. Average speed and high burst.14%
    However, some other Sorcery players have also been having success with 2H-Bow as well:
  9. xskateXX Well-Known Player

did u even rade what i said?
  10. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

What? Where?
  11. xskateXX Well-Known Player

in the video
    about 2h
  12. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Oh, yea. You as well as a few others said that the 2H works well for you so I suggested it as a weapon that Abisial could try out as well. I shared your video/post as a visual aid for him.
  13. Abisial Committed Player

I tried out the loadout in the video with 2 handed but couldn't seem to get the 4 ticks he mentioned. Plus he doesn't have a pet in the loadout and I would like to try for one that specializes in its use I've been using the Grand Summoning one and it's been quite good
  14. TheDark Devoted Player

for soul bells, the crit ability attack chance of 3%, do I HAVE to be near it to get the buff? Or am I good as long as it's up and in range?
  15. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Soul Bells? You mean 'Soul Wells'? :p I was confused for a second and thought the devs snuck in a new power.
    The crit buff only takes effect after something dies within the area impacted by a Soul Well and this affects everyone 'within range' of the SW. However, perhaps someone else can state how large of an area that is as I'm not even sure... thankfully we can cast multiple SW which is nice if you move; I believe you can have up to four going at any one time.
  16. TheDark Devoted Player

I know the power is called soul wells but my phone wrote down soul bells. It's a stupid phone.

K so basically, I kill something close (in range) to soul bells and the 60 second timer starts for my crit chance? So if I kill something it'll just restart the timer?
  17. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Yes, the buff for SW is reset for every kill. Essentially, as long as something dies within the damage range of SW, you will get the buff if you are within the damage range of SW.
    Only three per person. Lol
    • Like x 1
  18. TheDark Devoted Player

Only works in Damage role or both roles?
  19. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Damage. In Healer Stance it procs on-death heals.
  20. Forced Penance New Player

with multiple soul wells up, I believe the crit bonus is based upon the most recently placed well....so in range of the most recent soul well...something dies...get buff...the thing that dies has to be in line of sight to the well and you have to be within range and in line of sight to the well