Nova's Magic Mastery Guide to Sorcery

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Ah, I see. Most people don't take the time to set the circle down on the group vs what they're locked on to and/or fighting. RW does give greater heals than Transmutation easily and the fact that it doesn't require a RSA or BK and it can be used to clip are also valuable assets. One thing to note is that like BoS, RW has a 4 target limit whereas Transmutation does not. Also, below are some good healing combinations for raids as well:
    They are all great combos to use depending on the situation and also your play style, you may or may not need them.
    The difference between using Fury and Guardian in that load out is that Fury will cancel your WM bonus and Guardian does not. Though, as you said, Guardian does significantly less damage than Fury. However, in situations where there is no Tank, Guardian would probably be more beneficial to the group and yourself as he will tank successfully as long as he is powered and healed. The reason people use Robot Sidekick as Sorcery is it doesn't cancel the WM Bonus but it does much more damage than Guardian.

If you plan to use Fury or Guardian, Offering might be needed because without power they both kinda become useless since they can't regen power in combat on their own.
  2. Vyltran Loyal Player

Expected.. i feel like slowly having a bad karma loadout with offering.. i don't like too much it cast time even if i clip it with WoD.. trying new things in Sorcery..

Thanks for the info Whizz Whizz..
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I am currently on Celestial but to me, it seems that shields are still very necessary in T6 4mans. I like to have a shield for the consoles at the end of ICW. They can be very helpful at the end of SB too. For raids, if you tank and trollers are doing their job, I don't see shields as necessary. Since you still have to be spread out for certain bosses, I can't see using CoP for group heals. My raid loadout would be: Rejuv, Circle, IoR, SS, SW and Transcendence. The idea would be that for heavy healing, I can clip SS with IoR.
    • Like x 1
  4. Vyltran Loyal Player

IoR is a very cool healing power, i don't find myself using it due its animation but you know it depends on each player... if you have "Empowered channeling" hand mod, is useful.. But your healing loadout is precisely, heavy.. really good one..

I have been testing:

SW - SS - Transm - CoL - Transcendence/RW - Rejuvenate.

I do apply #BadKarmaPI with SS, HoT with CoL, Transm every time i see heavy damage as well its cooldown & range worth it, rejuvenate instant heal, SS works like a AHoT..
  5. soulxmetal New Player

Wow such A great guide, really helped me. I love sorcery now

I got some questions about my loadout. I have healing down and have just started sorcery dpsing.
    I found a load out i like a lot, CoD,WoD,SW,GS(super),transmutation and robo sidekick.
    I use the staff/mortar to try and make the most of the WoD ticks. my rotation is...
    CoD/WoD>WM/trans(repeated) through in WoD when i can and SW for bosess

Buut I have had a play with 1h/hb and the dmg seems huge from it.
    Im guessing i would be better off swapping out WoD for shard if i go 1h? I do really like WoD for its quick clipping. I have not really used shard so do not know much about it? but see it praised here alot. my rotaion would be....
    Shard/Cod>WM/trans(repeated) through down SW for bosses etc

So just wanted to get peoples opinions on the two load outs. Oh and also i really like the combos of both weapons so I have no bias there. The step ford thing with 1h is a bit annoying but not a deal breaker. Also I will be using the weapon i choose in my healer role as well, just because i prefer keeping it simple
    Thanks everyone!
  6. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Welcome to the guide, SoulXMetal and I'm glad that you've been able to find useful information here from the guide itself and discussion from fellow sorcery players! As for your questions asked, I'll try to help you out a bit.
    • Your first load out/rotation {CoD/WoD > WM/Trans - repeat} is a solid rotation in itself. It's full of strengths but the only potential weakness is that you are relying solely on WoD to inflict Bad Karma for CoD and Transmutation. Given that WoD doesn't work nearly as well as Wired in regards to inflicting a status ailment, it's not necessarily the best option in my opinion.
      Suggestions:
      • Shard could be used instead of WoD which would give you 100% Bad Karma application on mobs as well as consistent damage regardless of how long or short your WM combo is.
      • I would recommend having Soul Well and WoD share the same slot. WoD for mobs, SW for bosses.
    • Your second load out/rotation {Shard/CoD > WM/Trans - repeat} is the winner in my opinion. I do agree with your decision to drop WoD when choosing the 1H WM since it hits slower and less than most other combos. Shard is praised so well because it is arguably one of our best powers and is essentially used on a majority of Sorc DPS load outs due to it's effectiveness.
      • This rotation will yield higher damage due to the addition of 1H-HB's higher damage output and Shard's AoE burst + DoT.
      • Robot Sidekick is essentially an auto-refreshing DoT so whenever you're not using Fury, he's definitely a plus on any load out.
  7. soulxmetal New Player

Thanks for the speedy response!

That settles it I am going to go for the 1h load out.
    • Like x 1
  8. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Random thoughts...

You can keep your pet at full power by using both ritualistic word and offering on your load out. When enraged Barda and Mantis use a special ability that one shots pets even if you send it in with the shield on.

Soul Siphon applies your p.I. to a group of enemies quickly. WoD also can do this with hand blasters rather quickly.

Replenishing procs works well for healers and dps since your going to be spamming weapon mastery anyway might as well get some extra power back. Don't think of it as only a troll turf mod.

Polymorph is surprisingly good for a 25% super charge.
  9. Vyltran Loyal Player

WoD is just a power that let us clips much faster our powers. It might ticks are great addition.

I will use SS only with adds. SoL for bosses..
    • Like x 1
  10. Perseus Chase Committed Player

Just switch from electric to soccery cuz I want to test it and I gotta say I find this guide so helpful. I really love them pets that make soccery unique and I feel like a one man army when I use that supercharge that summon 3 pets + that back up mod = 1 man army.
    • Like x 2
  11. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

1. This is true, regarding RW restoring power, however the pet shield mechanic was broken the last time I tested it and it mitigates -zero damage for them. I haven't tested it since but since it wasn't covered in any patch notes I can assume it's still broken.
    2. SS is pretty much the best ranged alternative to Shard for BK application. WoD can be used but AoE attacks don't necessarily apply the PI to all targets which makes it a bit unreliable especially since you only get 3-4 shots.
    3. I agree wholeheartedly. I'd usually use either Replenishing Procs or Relentless Precision depending on the content.
    4. I haven't tested it in quite some time so I'll definitely check it out.
  12. Perseus Chase Committed Player

This is my loadout atm

AM loadout:
    Fury, offering, shard of life, CoD, transmutation, and grand summoning.

Burst Loadout:
    Shard of life, CoD, transmutation, WoD, soul well, and kamic backlash.

any tips to improve my loadout would be appreciate.
  13. Vyltran Loyal Player

In burst loadout i found a small issue, i just tested it.. karmic & WoD override each oother. It means if you are going to clip karm with WoD, all previous DoTs are gone.. cause you are inflicting a new wave of BK...

Karm - 40% vs. WoD - 45% - Overrides. - WoD (Buff + Inflict BK)
    Karm - 40% vs. Shard - 50% - Overrides. - (Depending on role, inflicts or heals BK.)

And karm is close range, so its pretty dangerous using it in large contents like raids cause you will probably receive an unexpected AoE and die.. That's why if you want a burst power, Transmutation is the right choice.
    ______________________________-

Your AM loadout, i find it cool.. the only big difference is that your SC, i replaced it with SW..

This is (my own way) how works..

I will replace SC for SW for adds.. fast burning.. then at bosses i replace SW with GS (SC)..

I really like this loadout, this my "FURY LOADOUT" on my armory..
    • Like x 1
  14. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

What does this mean. None of Sorcery's powers override each other except casting Shard or Condemn over itself. Karmic Backlash has no DoT mechanism :eek:. Unless you're talking about the damaging mechanic that BK has but I believe that just refreshes as well.
  15. Vyltran Loyal Player

Karm inflicts but has not DoT... and its close range, that's what i meant.. Karm is like a transmutation but still inflicts.. Karm acts like a SoL.. 40% vs 50%.. i meant..

I have been testing on 8-dummies on league hall LOL. Even with dmg penalty, i still don't get no benefit with karm.. maybe i'm wrong.. that's why i prefer always running SS or SoL - that showing myself as a "target" just because of my close range..

What are your thought?.
  16. Echephyle New Player

No wonder my guardian dies so much! The shield is useless! I noticed the heal from rw keeps him alive longer than the "shield" from offering.

Unrelated to here, are you considering resurrecting whizz since gadgets is getting the first real "awesome mechanic"?
  17. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Yea, I tested it on mobs and in a duel, the shield didn't mitigate anything. Whizz has been dead since Gu36-DLC10 released, literally. He doesn't have a piece of any gear from DLC 10 :confused:. Also, I haven't been following lately, what is Gadget's AM? Isn't it all just power restoring mechanics?
    I think Karmic Backlash has always been a horrible power to use. Up until GU36 it was the only Melee AoE power that had a cast time bar :confused:. This made it unusable if you clipped powers fast because when you would clip Karmic too soon you would negate all of the damage. Even now, it's still bad because, as you said, it does nothing that Shard or Soul Siphon can't do better and I don't think "Max Damage" will help it either. I would never recommend the power to anyone's load out.
    • Like x 1
  18. Echephyle New Player

Goto page 4 of the gadgets am test forum thread. Watch ivy bird's video.
    Energy shield is being replaced with an EMP, and sleep dart will be an aoe. They are both am powers that can challenge wm. Emp hits for 4-5k nornally, can crit for 12-20k. In order for dart or emp to hit for awesome damage, you need to set up pi's with 3 different powers leading up to it. All the details are listed in the first page.

Besides that, there's a new power called battle display that returns about 70% of the cost of your power back. It's a holographic display in front of your head that looks awesome.
  19. Echephyle New Player

• Like x 1
  20. Vyltran Loyal Player

You may want to come back and test a few mechanics, idk.. maybe "AM" & "Max Damage mod" may call your interest.. :eek::D