No one has really given an opinion of the new content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by gen1CEsyde, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well I’m sorry but there’s just absolutely no way I could get away with playing DC even in its current state literally half-asleep and not die. And dying doesn’t make the content TOO difficult, just means that’s it’s not quite as easy as you think it is.
  2. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

no really? (yep sarcasm) so to reiterate its not the actual content causing crashes.
    twist bend stretch it however you want but at the end of the day dude it aint the content. its the server or an error in coding somewhere or any number of things, except what you claim it to be.
    • Like x 3
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

But that's content in general, not any specific content. And if you make it so that you don't die (to prevent this crash from teleporting) you remove all stakes from the game. Does this make any sense to you??? Removing the possibility of failure renders the content pointless. It already feels that way to some people (an exaggeration, yes but...) and you keep advocating to make it a reality. No one is going to support that. Not when people have been pushing for the complete opposite for a long time (basically since they nerfed Origin Crisis).
    • Like x 2
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

If you did indeed already know that then why are you twisting my words and accusing me of contradicting myself? I’m just trying to explain that I have a few different reasons for having a vested interest in not dying ever.
  5. Kuno Loyal Player

I have to wait to see if the content is fun but... the styles have me REALLY dissapointed.
    Having a generic Argus tech styles (we have gazillions)... in a magic episode? Really? I hope we get magic styles in future techy episodes then... it doesn't make any sense to me.
    I was expecting some Zatanna's styles. At least the boots! The hair should be a reward too, at least they showed it on male models on the anniversary teases.
    Etrigan style is more in line with the episode theme but again nothing we didn't had on previous styles. Zatanna style was perfect since we NEVER have high heel boots or tuxedo / fishnets.
    I know they are probably saving Shazam inspired style for the capsule because I know their little tricks lol
    Meh...
    Too bad the NPC like Zatanna and Shazam look that good and we don't get to have those awesome styles and specially skins.
    • Like x 1
  6. Knarlydude Loyal Player

What are you talking-about here??? or are you trying to be sarcastic?
    • Like x 1
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don’t expect the developers to act on that, I’m just stating my opinion. And explaining why I feel the way I do.
  8. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Maybe we'll get some sweet duds in the next TC. :D
    • Like x 1
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m just a bit annoyed at having my abilities neutralised all the time, when they’re not being straight up used against me. Then it somehow ended up being about my controversial perspective on content difficulty.
  10. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

... BECAUSE ITS NOT THE CONTENTS FAULT! if it indeed happens anytime you teleport it doesn't matter to where or why (KO OR whatever) you are blaming the content for something that is not its fault. now for an example if you only crashed during a ko in say one raid then maybe you would have a legitimate complaint. but obviously that isn't the case. and one final thought for ya if you are going down and subsequently crashing that often you might want to reevaluate what you are doing more then complain it is to hard (at least at first)
    • Like x 3
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Don’t forget this bottomless pit mechanic completely precludes the possibility of being rallied so if I ever do fail the jumps I absolutely will have to be zoned. That is sort of specific to this raid.
  12. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Did you see that they changed movement mode before you said anything or were you just making a general statement? And, then the dog pile proceeded.
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

You’re grounded throughout the raid, they were constantly getting the red GROUNDED text as they were showing off the new area. The movement while grounded is very sluggish and hard to control, so I have reservations about having to make jumps in that state, especially when the punishment for failure is instant death with no possibility of being rallied and I occasionally crash when teleporting, including “fleeing” after being knocked out.
    • Like x 1
  14. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

and if this was a first EVER complaint from you that comment might have some validity....

but theres a saying in the league im in for when ppl get whiny.....

"suck it up girlpants, itll be ok"

and if the shoe fits..........
    • Like x 1
  15. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

but on a more topic related note I would have liked to see that madness meter they were talking about during the livestream, so if any of you pts ppl get around to making a video please let me know?
  16. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Ahhhh, Ok. I was not sure what you were talking about. Yeah being grounded sucks. It's Suuper slow mo time. It is what it is.

Just be glad that they did not do like The old FOS2 raid before AM's & CR differential and make it so that you get one shot if you go into movement mode. You had to make yourself grounded. It was like jump, run or fly & BOOM o_O WTHeck.... xD
    • Like x 1
  17. Zneeak Devoted Player

You're just trying to tie an existing issue on live to a raid-sequence/mechanic you don't personally care for. The actual crashing is the actual issue that needs fixing. Said fix has nothing to do with the new content. Everything else is just you having personal feelings about a mechanic not catering to your liking. That's a you-problem.
    • Like x 2
  18. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I would not worry about the being grounded so much. It's just making you walk. It sure beats being one shot for running xD.

^^^^^THIS IS WHAT I WOULD WORRY ABOUT IF I WERE YOU.^^^^^^
    The madness meter and insta death if you're not paying attention.
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

But you state this just about everywhere. And if you're not expecting them to act on it, what exactly is the point??? People state an opinion for a reason, usually to have something in particular happen??? What is it that you're looking to see happen if it isn't a response or change by the Devs??? Sympathy??? Cause so far, very little has been offered once people realized that your complaints have been mostly meritless (even though you have been offered lots of help when you seemed to need it).

Look, you often complain about people jumping down your throat when you offer opinions, but you fail to accept your own culpability in these interactions. You wonder why this happens to you??? You have a reputation for taking certain things and spinning them into something much larger than it really is, panicking as if things are hopeless, and then you get offended when people point out the facts. So while you'll toss out what appears to be an innocent statement about content that's barely been tested by the public at large, those who have followed your posts on these forums know you're just gearing up to turn this into a bigger thing than it even has a need to be.

You've explained clearly that you have certain underlying issues, and we get it. But what you want is regular content built to take those issues into account, and that's just not realistic...not when the majority of the playerbase is not dealing with those types of issues. As it is, the Devs have already made this game a pale shadow of its former self in terms of content difficulty. Making it any easier than that is just going to drive too many players away. All this to say, easy or not, expect to die in this game...but don't confuse occasional death with content being too difficult. When the content can't be cleared despite all efforts, then by all means chime in with what you believe is the cause of those problems.
    • Like x 2
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I can presumably be rallied if that happens. I’m not gonna complain about EVERYTHING that could possibly kill me. :p I just have major reservations about this one particular mechanic because it emphasises certain issues I have with the game in general.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.