No one has really given an opinion of the new content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by gen1CEsyde, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Did you not read the last ten or so pages? Are you crazy? :p
  2. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

hes tested the instance, you have not.

his feedback is based on something other then "but but il die and wont be able to be picked up (psst same will happen for everyone) and and then I might crash fleeing (btw guess what we all have just as much opportunity for crashes as you do) waaaa content is too hard....."
    • Like x 2
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Some people are clearly finding the jumps difficult and I have every reason to suspect I might be one of them.
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Would it help if people started practicing on the Pillars of Hades?
  5. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

....... seriously if jumping is too difficult then ppl may wanna go play puzzle games..... jumping has been a game mechanic for DECADES. Maybe tho im being too hard on yall, obviously yall never played super Mario bros...... you wouldn't like it.... theres jumping involved.
    • Like x 3
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

If grounded characters had a fraction of Mario’s manoeuvrability I’d be just fine.
  7. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

..... inherently you have more maneuverability then Mario ever did.... but please keep reaching, its ok I understand you feel you gotta try every avenue every sales pitch to try to affect the change you want but trust me no ones buying whatever it is your selling.
    • Like x 2
  8. Zneeak Devoted Player

He's not happy with not only completely derailing this thread without even having experienced the content he's prematurely judging the crap out of already, he's now throwing a fit and attempting to derail the actual Testing feedback-section aswell.

Kind of at a loss for words at this point.
    • Like x 2
  9. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

If you're telling me you crash everytime you get KOed and have to rally then idk what to tell you. There's a more serious issue possibly on your end if that's the case because im willing to bet the majority of people dont crash everytime they get KOed. Im not saying crashing isn't an issue but in your case that's an extreme.

Either way. As i said. Based on your situation we should disable every thing that could KO us by your logic. You don't seem to be thinking about this rationally. This is not a personal attack. Hopefully you resolve your issues. But if we go by your word we'd have no mechanics. No fights. No enemies. No game. Anything that could KO you must be removed?

The platforming is a mechanic. Like blackest night with the teleporting. Happiness home and lashinas reflect. They are mechanics you must overcome. Even in the star labs alert there's a section where you have to bounce from platform to platform.

I feel like the people who dont like the mechanic are few and far between. Its like saying in FOS to get rid if the bridge because i dont like it i can die. The issue you have is crashing. Not mechanics. We dont punish everyone else because of that.

I just can't wrap my head around your logic. Because its not rational. This thread will be gone Monday morning either way.
    • Like x 3
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s not every time l flee, just often enough to give me cause for concern. And it’s mainly the fact that there’s no chance of being rallied if I do fall. I’m not asking for everything that could possibly KO me to be removed, I dunno where that came from.
  11. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

What? It came from this thread and premise that if you get KOed you might crash. So you want them to remove a mechanic from the game despite thousands who might find it fun because there's a CHANCE you MIGHT crash if you have to flee after being KOed. That's how i arrived at that. This is how you're coming across as.

If you and others went on test and found this specific mechanic is crashing multiple peoples games then yes. Look at said mechanic as there's an issue. But to remove something because you dont personally like it and there's an outlying chance it could crash you're game along with any other content youd flee in is just asinine.
    • Like x 1
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I was just explaining why I don’t like being KOed in general because people started going on about my previous posting record. I initially only said I hate the concept of being grounded while having to make high stakes jumps. Look, if they want to just fix the damn crashes they can knock themselves out, I’ve been waiting 4.5 years. But they don’t.
  13. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Is that an event version of that raid with bridges so that people that have trouble jumping can walk across? Maybe Zatanna can come, while rolling her eyes as she cradles a player in her arms and drift over the gaps until there are adds and just drop you.
    • Like x 6
  14. Proxystar #Perception

If you even have a high chance of crashing every time you're KO'd then you've got something seriously wrong your end, I'd suggest perhaps reinstalling your game, validating your files, updating your graphics card drivers, everything, because that simply does not happen to the level of occurrence you're implying.

Personally I think you're over exaggerating to further your agenda, being to get this jumping mechanic removed at all cost because you don't want to do it.

I think first off, it's critically important you actually experience the content first before you even make a judgement call, your "concerns" as you put them are invalid until such a time as they're realised until then they're completely worthless because they're based upon an uninformed irrational position that lacks the experience upon which to draw the conclusion.

If I were the developers and I'm sure they will given your track record anyway, they should ignore everything you have to say until you present them with videos and data showing your "fears and concerns" even have any remote validity at all.

Notwithstanding that point other people have shown videos clearly evidencing that the jump mechanics are not that big of a deal, so it really does seem to be a "you issue" rather than a fundamental mechanic issue.

Unfortunately you've cried wolf a few too many times and now you're starting to lose credibility in your viewpoints, you really do have to readjust the dial and tone it back significantly if you want to start being taken seriously.
    • Like x 3
  15. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Haha I can just picture him purposely jumping off the edge when the episode goes live just to prove his point. I would like to be in that group actually. I'm surprised he even plays this game still or is even at a cr high enough to play anything above event level. Going by his previous posts and thread derailments it seems that's all he ever talks about is how hard every single instance is and how he has such a tough time finishing anything
    • Like x 3
  16. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

*grabs popcorn*
    • Like x 1
  17. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Can you ship your catalysts to a different toon? I like running the alerts and solos currently on multiple toons each day for a rare drop chance. If catalysts are able to be account bound then it makes sense. If not, then there is zero incentive to play as much.
  18. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

From what I saw the first two can be traded back and forth but the thirdc last type cannot. Idk if it is a bugged or actually intended.
  19. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I think it's more of a defeatist attitude and you shouldn't worry so much until you get to try for yourself.

Also, not everyone in test is screaming make it harder. There are some that are actually making sure that things do not get out of hand. Truth be told, We really never know until the dlc hits live anyway. The devs will be able to look at the real numbers then.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.