Work In Progress New Vendor Discount System!

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jan 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

Great! Now all we need is sharing of OP items through alts.
    • Like x 2
  2. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

Feedback...

I applaud the efforts to help make the game a more alt friendly environment.

The problem is people don't play alts this way.

No one who plays alts wants to grind on one characters role for months before touching their alts.

Solution.... Make a new tab in feats.. I don't know called secound gear acquirement feats.. Each piece of gear you buy gives you a 0 point feat.... Those can now be unlocked by your alts for 50% off that piece.

This way we can play and enjoy the new content on all of our alts before it just becomes all about grinding content we are tired of grinding.
    • Like x 2
  3. BumblingB I got better.

0pt feats cost 1rpb so that would be 8rpbs for the set. So it's not a bad deal for the devs, since it costs more than the 3 or 5 rpbs for the feat.
  4. ChillCat Loyal Player

*raises hand* I play that way. I use my main to grind it all out, to master the content and to complete the feats. Then I move on to the alts IF time and content schedules allow.
    • Like x 1
  5. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Awesome, I thought this was coming given the hints during the stream. My main is at 189 and nearly has the full vendor style set, and my 5 alts are at 188 with just one or two style pieces here and there with rings, neck, and or face, etc.
    With this, if I put focus on knocking out the set/feat for my main, getting my alts up to speed will be much faster. :D

EDIT: Thanks a boatload!
    • Like x 1
  6. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

It'd be nice if it were based off of style, rather than the feat ... if you have the head, get the second head for half off. That way, we wouldn't have to have practically a full gearset first. Maybe if style purchasing was in place, things would be different. But, it's a great improvement, and I'm happy to have it. Thank you.
    • Like x 2
  7. SUPERMANPRiM3 Well-Known Player

finally an update thats heading in the right direction
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Correct. We're aiming for our next game update.
    • Like x 2
  9. WildcatHunter Committed Player

Please consider lowering prices to something reasonable in future dlcs. This isnt alt friendly and doesnt make me want to re-sub. This is nice for second roles but not for alts. This is just another disconnect between players and those who make the game. If people making decisions grinded out end game every day they would know this isnt enough for people with alts and wouldnt have even tried to pass this off as alt friendly.
    • Like x 1
  10. SkullGang Devoted Player

Would it be possible to also reduce the gear cost overall once the next dlc releases ?
    • Like x 1
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No immediate plans to, but we will be looking at where else to implement the system if it ends up working out.
    • Like x 3
  12. Here2Help Devoted Player

It's a great idea. Happy to see it implemented. I won't benefit from it this time as I've already got all of the gear for both roles (another thing biting me in the back for getting things done fast, oh well), but be happy to know the system is there waiting for me for future episodes.
    • Like x 1
  13. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Can you touch on the whole idea of, "If I finish the Elite gear can I get the Normal gear half off."?

Essentially everyone I play with on a normal basis didn't bother with Normal gear and went right for Elite gear, which made the most sense, seeing as how there was a bonus to Elite along with better stats yet cost the same.

In the end, I applaud this feature whether it is intended to work that way or not. I won't get any real use out of it if it doesn't end up working as mentioned above, but I expect many will.
    • Like x 5
  14. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

You right I should have said most... LoL

I like to tank the bosses and new content while there's still a challenge and the team isn't over geared.

I like to heal the content the same way and not feel like I'm healing scratches that my team gets.

I like to DPS where every second counts because if you don't get the job done quickly everyone might die.

I wish I could say that about trolling but I lost interest it's become unappealing ever since AMs were introduced.

Yes you can play your main and get him all the way geared and then go back for your alts but by the time you do that those levels will have lost all appeal. IMO
  15. Captain Carkus Well-Known Player

This would be pretty great for PvP...
    • Like x 5
  16. Mystere Well-Known Player

A step in the right direction. Though, one thing I would have preferred is to not have it be a feat unlock on alts via replay badges. That the feat be an account wide feat. One can dream.
  17. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

This is nice! More so for alts.

I do think though you have to gear in a certain way for this to be more effective for the main too if needed.

For instance my main has mostly purple gear for troll - and then OP neck, 4 Elite Vendor gears, And everything else from vendor except legs and weapon which are purples for DPS role. As such, this would be less effective on my main specifically, as I only aim to get the Humbled Hero feat by getting remaining normal Vendor gears for Troll role - yes it would discount vendor weapon/legs for my DPS role, but my main is CR190 as DPS so would be unnecessary to get these at all - I'd rather just save for OP ring on main.

Nevertheless this is a brilliant step in the direction, particularly for gearing alts. Good job devs :)
  18. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

how does this help ur off role??? ur off role will be elite wont it so therefore will not help.

Im at 302 sp n I only need the fallen god feat which i have 4 pieces n i have 2 elite for troll. once I get the other 4 it will do nothing for the elite set as far as wut they wrote. those r 2 different sets arent they??? it's for alts from wut I read. Im a troll first so I dnont see how this is helping.

This isnt just one time they come up with something and it hasn't helped me. It never has n never will.

other then this i only need the flaming phoenix feather and lpve which i doubt ima do.

302 to 303 doesnt matter to me and Ill get it eventually. should be you get the reg set you get half off the elite then ok but it doesn't look like its worded that way.

People complaing about passive pot cuz of this armor set no other reason. I support the passive buff because its not fair for trolls to have to get 8 pieces when no other role needs to cuz the other ones stink,
  19. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I was thinking the same thing. It would be more beneficial if there were maybe separate feats. A feat for 2 pieces....4....6....whole set. That way you could get 50% off the same pieces on your alt. It would allow you to play main and alt at about the same time. There would be more feats but they could make the feats equal a 4 start feat if they liked. Just a thought.
    • Like x 2
  20. Batmatt Active Player

So is this our "gear unlocking"? I sure hope not.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.