Work In Progress New Vendor Discount System!

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jan 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marsologe New Player

Thanks Mepps, this will help me to up my 3 alts :p
    I really hope that you guys continue with this 50% discount in the beginning of the next DLC.
  2. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

Surely you don't really believe that adding feats was an after-thought with the Time Capsules right..? There's been a pattern of releasing new styles but attaching feats to them since the first set of TC's. For DBG, if it doesn't bring in additional funds GUARANTEED, then they're probably not going to do it. They know the second that they remove feats from the TC's, sales will drop by 99%.
  3. ChillCat Loyal Player

I don't disagree but I can also understand that this model is probably the path of least resistance towaards addressing the issue at hand. I also suspect that the days of having separate elite gear may be numbered if Devs go the route with the AF3 TC and the Annivent TC and make the gear upgradable to elite via crafting. I don't know one way or the other if that really will happen but it seems the frequency of TCs would be a great way to try out alternative gear options, and if they do go the "upgrade to elite" route for regular content, the issue with having to buy both reg and elite gear becomes moot.
  4. Gimpy Loyal Player

While it looks/sounds like a "move in the right direction" for the game.

Stop and think for a moment.

You still have to finish the set of gear before the discount kicks in ( AFIII is meant to last how long again? 3-4 months? or longer?)..
    Then you get to collect a 2nd set in half the time of the 1st set ( how long was AFIII meant to last???? )

When does stats revamp go live again??? :confused:

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Aerith Rose Committed Player

I really appreciate this idea.

Is there any chance we can take it one step further? Could completing the elite style feat grant 50% off the regular set? Once you have the elite set, the only reason for getting the normal gear is for the style feat.

Thank you and great idea!
  6. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Mepps has been asked this directly and he said he would bring it up. Patience. all i can say
  7. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

Well, we will see if they do or don't amd how much the CEO keeps his word.
  8. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

AF3 is meant to be from now on. They also said they want to make all content more relavent somehow. Buff the content to the players or nerf the players to the content so that they can earn rewards no matter their CR. That is one thing they put out there. Watch the CEO live stream.
  9. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

Actually, the CEO seemed to like Elite Gear, or at least Elite content for the hard core players. It is not meant for everyone. And if there is Elite content then there needs to be Elite rewards, which probably means the upgraded gear.
    • Like x 1
  10. WildcatHunter Committed Player

I specifically asked mepps in discord on friday and answer was no this is not gear unlocking. Was also worth noting that this was an easy fix for them without having to develop new tech so people not happy with this should voice opinions and it could result in improvements. I think for this to be alt friendly we need to be able to unlock pieces individually. I see where this could be exploited by buying seperate pieces on different alts but again you have to gather the marks and run the content same as you would on one toon it just reduces time and replay usage. This could be a nice compromisefor the way 99% of the community has felt about tc, high vendor cost and anniversary event though.
    • Like x 1
  11. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

Understaitment... plus, the Qwar Shiny logos are 5 motes as opposed to Amazon Glowing ones being 3. =( That adds to cost by having to work for more motes one way or another. All sorts of things to add to the costs...
  12. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

13. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Considering DCUO's past history addressing issues like this in a timely matter.
    I think what you guys have done here is really awesome.

But...............
    Just think for a second here.
    How much complaining and frustration could you guys saved by addressing this issue while AFIII was in test?

I cannot agree more with Bumble here.^^^^^^

Make it so that this new feature works a piece at a time and you will have hit a home run.
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

I agree. And there were people before this week saying they found the content to be boring. Here2help had a thread about how the feats in the raids and the raids themselves posed no real challenge and how if u wanted to grind out the vendor gear u had very little content to run. The dailies, solo, duo and alert and people were blazing thru those on the 1st day. Getting your gear only made it easier and faster. And if u ran multiple toons then my god it got boring quickly. For a lot of players easy=boring.

It was also to have time to enjoy being geared up tho. The problem is u didnt even need the gear because the content was so easy. If spending 2 months+ grinding just makes the raid or alert go 3,4 mins faster many people feel like the grind isnt worth it. Ive seen a ton of players who skipped the vendor gear except for the wpn, used purple gear and got the 2 OP items and are 190. There isnt really a point o grind for the gear to enjoy it when u didnt really need it in the 1st place. The vendor gear for AF3 became a style feat and thats about it.
    • Like x 1
  15. bmce84 Loyal Player

Well when stats gets here content will be harder, the grind will matter (I'm trying to keep a straight face every time I say that) and alts will only have one choice "style/gear unlock", this doesn't change their original plan to force us into using replay badges for alts because content is just as unbalanced as it was with monthly. Why they thought 1 alert and 1 duo was enough beats me, small group content which is what many use as vendor grind is the least we have and until that changes we'll have easy raids that everyone can beat and replay for 3 times what it takes to replay 1 alert (I don't mind an easy raid btw, Oly can stay easy and GOM can be buffed).
  16. Gimpy Loyal Player

ALL content is meant to be "from now on" or it wouldn't be in the game,
    the length of time it will be the "current" content was the actual point but you missed it.

I watched it the day it was actually "live" and I still posted what you quoted.

They have said a lot of stuff in the 5 years I have been around.

Looking at the current condition of the game and the " ambiguous" answers given by the current C.E.O. only shows me the direction of the game is " to be determined" " soon" and has been "noted" for "further discussion".
    [IMG]
  17. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

Here's my question(s);
    1) What gear style is required to get the Feat, and thus the Discount? Will this be listed on the Feat when it uploads?
    2) If I already have the required style set for the Feat, will it automatically register?
    3) Will the discount apply to the Collection item(s) from the AF3 vendor? (300 Ancient Coins for the Minotaur Ears, at current 1-3 per mission drop rate daily, plus the 3-5 Coins per weekly mission, is a TAD steep, IMHO)
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

what if i need both (for example): the normal gear for dammage and the elite gear for the support role?
    does obtaining one set also reduce the cost for the other gear? i mean: there are feats attached to it...!
  19. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

They went over that early. They said that each set, Normal and Elite, would be a seperate feat and seperate discount.
  20. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

Well, if that idea of making old content more relevant does make it through, then it might not be as important when newer stuff comes out.

Yes, but they have changed a lot of people recently. New CEO, new developers. So, with that mean new promises kept? I do not know, but I am willing to give them a chance.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.