Work In Progress New Vendor Discount System!

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jan 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. light FX Steadfast Player

I gotta agree with ya on this. This should of been here when the dlc went live. Ive got 6 toons and was grinding the dlc on them all. I slacked on 1, the mental toon. But he has 3,4 pieces of vendor while the others are done. So this lets me catch up on that toon. But tbh i probably wont even bother because i am so sick of AF3 content. I will take whatever marks i already have and buy 1 piece and thats it. Its a nice addition and solves the issue that people complained about previously. But with the next dlc this feature should be there on day 1.
  2. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

You could have started by buying rings,neck, weapon on Alts. Too late this time though.
  3. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

This will work out nicely for me, as my main is working on the OP items, and 1 of my alts just got the feat a week ago.
    No replays spent on replaying.
    • Like x 1
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The two sets are separate in the game right now, so we'd expect players to want a second set of the one or the other. Both being wanted seems more related to the feat, and that additional time is factored in and intended.
  5. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Fair enough. While I was hoping for a different answer I can respect that decision.
  6. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

Trying to be optimistic here, so I'll sit back and hope that the devs listen to the feedback already being given about the following:
    • If you purchase elite first, please make the reduced cost applicable to the regular style (not vice-versa obviously)
    • Most people work on alts at the same time as their main, so please find a way to reduce the cost once an individual item has been purchased
    • This would be serious business to get people into PvP again also, reduce the cost by 75% to be even more aggressive
    I'm trying to think of a way to make this a win for the community and DBG, so why not make the cost like 5 RP's per piece? This would only be applicable to the actual style pieces and not the weapon or jewelry.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

they'll have to realize that not every gift. perk, etc, can be useful for everybody, and realize that not everything is about them.
    • Like x 3
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Very good news, indeed but I feel like you could make this deal sweeter.

Acquiring a full set of vendor gear is an achievement in itself. The amount of dedication you need to achieve a full set is a step up from running the mission a couple of times and getting full sets of gear.

I feel that as a token of your appreciation to the players who have put the effort in to completing the grind at effort levels you intended it to be, you should completely nerf the costs of gear. 50% is a generous suggestion, but it's still quite high, considering that every person who has access to the privilege has already completed the full priced grind.

I don't think that 50% is enticing enough to encourage people to raise alts or build their off-role. My reaction to the news was "meh, I'll probably buy a few pieces, but I'm not going to commit myself to maxing out my off-role". A better price point for me would be 1-5 Coins, per piece, after I've acquired a full set of gear.

This would neither dilute the wonderful progression system that AF3 has, nor would it take anything away from "the house", either. The devs wouldn't be losing out here. Because any player who has access to the perk has already achieved the grind at the duration and price points you originally intended.

In addition to that, anyone who's looking to switch powers to play a different role (i.e. Controller powerset to a Tanking power set), it doesn't really encourage them to do so, if they've already put the effort in to completing the grind. It would be more enticing to someone thinking about switching powers, if they knew that for (say about) 40 coins, they could buy all 8 pieces for their new role.

Ultimately, it's a step forward to the alt/off-role problem, but I don't think it goes far enough. I think a further reduction is necessary, but only to players who have completed the grind once. It's in your benefit to reduce the grind further as I feel a further reduction would encourage more people to play alts, which means more feat unlocking and more time spent in game.

Also: I would like to see the reduction applied to Elite gear if you purchased the normal gear first and vice versa. To me it makes no sense forcing players to complete the grind twice because the benefits of unlocking the other version aren't high enough to justify it. As above, nobody would be losing out here, because the perks only kick in when the grind has been completed once.
    • Like x 2
  9. Xibo Loyal Player

This is a benefit ONLY for alts. I'm not excited at all, sorry.
  10. Belthazur Dedicated Player

This is merly the first step. they may expand on it tweak it as it goes on. Its going on test and lets be constructive and say hey Thins is cool But could say This be possible. Give them Options Not complaining. Not saying you are just the Community in General
    • Like x 2
  11. Kayla El Committed Player

But Mepps completing the elite gear only gives you a title feat so i'm still hoping you guys will reconsider this decision. Title feats don't contribute to your progression like the normal feats do. This whole idea of two separate sets one normal and one elite is a bit complicated. Why not implement a system where you can augment your normal version of the gear to an elite version of the gear. Put the materials needed to upgrade your normal gear in the vendor still requiring renown with that faction and keep this 50% less cost system only for the normal gear. :)
    • Like x 2
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

While I appreciate the devs trying to make changes to help out gearing for a second role, I think they missed the main reason why many of us were asking for a reduction to the grind.

They're thinking we want to cut down on the amount of time needed to gear up.

They don't understand that the real reason we want to stop grinding is that we're sick of the content. The prices of gear meant running it day in and day out for two months just for one set of regular gear. I'm not a person who uses replay badges either, so it's not like I was running it silly. Just one run of whatever's unlocked per day. Even still, I physically can't bring myself to que up for UT anymore. I still need the OP collections but am seriously debating whether or not to get them. If I have to see another minotaur in my life, it's too soon.

That's what I hope the devs see. I don't mind grinding, and I love the idea of best gear in vendor, but these levels of gear costs that force you to run something every day for months has this result, aversion, disgust. Content that I really liked now I hate and wish I didn't have to ever play again. Same thing with the CC raid. Is that feeling intended? Should players just push through it? I just don't know what to say.

This idea for alts is great, don't get me wrong. But what I was asking for in the future was a lowering somewhat (not by a ridiculous amount, just so we can grind 5 days out of 7 and still get the gear) of the vendor costs themselves. I can't believe I'm still less than halfway if I want the elite set too. Of course, I understand that that's a more long term feat I can get at my convenience. Maybe just cut down costs on normal and not elite gear.
    • Like x 1
  13. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Actually it is benefiting my main; which is working on the OP items. One of my alts got the gear feat; so now my main will be able to get the missing vendor gear pieces at 1/2 off.
    • Like x 2
  14. LT Schmitt Committed Player

[IMG]

THANK YOU!!!!!!!
    • Like x 1
  15. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

I'm sorry, but this is patently false. People were, did and continue to complain about the price of vendor gear since before it even hit live. This goes a long way towards fixing that. prior to this week, nobody was complaining about the content being boring, they were complaining about the cost of gearing up both initially, for a second set of gear, and for their alts.

Now you want to move the goalposts again, rather than giving a smidge of credit to the fact the the community here was heard, and changes are coming, despite the forum community acting like they're never heard on any topic.

If you're going to continually move the goalposts, you shouhldn't be surprised when you're never satisfied.
    • Like x 2
  16. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

Actually, the CEO did address the issue that PVP was bad. He did not have a fix, but at least he admitted that they are aware it is a big problem.
    • Like x 2
  17. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

Yes, but doing 50% on a per piece basis would not hurt your "get it all, then fill out alts" style of play. It would just address the issue for a wider player base.
    • Like x 1
  18. PS4xGUYxONxPC New Player

Lmao they still found a way for players to spend A LITTLE BIT MORE money/replays;). Did they adress anything about more legendary member benefits at all in there Q&A.?
  19. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

People are doing this without replays, so I do not know what you mean. Sure, they also do it WITH replays, but this way if they do an alt it would be less replays even if they use them.

As for Legendary, there were some comments on it. Don't remember them all. Obviously, I focused on the things I was interested in. But it was worth the 45 min to listen to it. Things like how they added feats to TC as an afterthought, then realized later that it becomes a large point of contention.
    • Like x 1
  20. MensSana Active Player

The elite feat should unlock the regular style too... it's a joke, as everything in the last 6 month.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.