New powers...Weak and lacking imagination.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GregDawe, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Ice Clown New Player

bruh, chill.
    • Like x 2
  2. Avian Dedicated Player

Yeah I just noticed your signature, jumped the gun with that one lol.

I didn't really get what you meant with the part I colored. From what I gather you'd be excited to see how they would go about creating mechanics for example Blue Lanterns because the power interests you and not so much about Munitions and Experimental Serum because you don't care much for them? I see what you mean beacuse you'd always be more interested in the things that you are stoked about. That being said I'm really looking forward to how the powers are going to turn out.

The way I see it is that the powers the DEVs are excited about making are going to be way better than powers they would just have to make because it was something the community wanted.

As for themes, I don't think that role players are going to have any problems dealing with that. I don't RP myself but even I can think of a couple of themes and backstories based on the powersets.
    • Like x 3
  3. BA Baracus Well-Known Player

I think those were some fantastic announcements and I am not going to naysay them. I think some people mistake negativity for critical thinking. Just relax and enjoy the game. It IS just a game.
    • Like x 1
  4. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

I'm ***
    i assume all this hate is based on actually seeing and playing these new powers, correct? If it's just based on those pics at SOE live then I would have to say your reaction is a little shortsighted and borderline ignorant....
    • Like x 8
  5. SimonSays New Player

Its not the devs lacking imagination , its the limitations of hardware they are working with.

The thing that got me from the keynote speech was when he said "they freed up some PS3 memory".

As soon as he said that it just gave me this feeling of how much restriction is on DCUO because of the PS3. It really needs to go.

The dev team are doing great with what they have and can see PS3 isnt going anywhere for now.

I just hope SOE get to work on just the PS4/PC so they can really do alot more of what they want without out the restrictions.

I cant see the new powers having much in terms of animations. Not because of the devs lacking imagination but because of limited memory.

DCUO would be incredible without the PS3.
    • Like x 3
  6. Fel1x90 New Player

This thread doesn't deserve any posts, it's a total waste of time. Just let this thread die.
    • Like x 5
  7. GregDawe New Player

You're right.
    Thread title it unfair on them.
    It should be: New powers...thanks to the PS3, this is it.

Thanks to this thread and most of its participants, I am open to 2 of the 3 powers.
    Serums is still a bit of an issue in my eyes.
    • Like x 3
  8. GregDawe New Player

Just had a thought (that won't happen)

If they had have made Munitions a tanking role, ie, like a juggernaut style role with turrets ect.
    And Serums a healing role, medical supplies, enhancements ect,
    they could have made a "trilogy" powerset, the same as what everyone is expecting from the Lantern powers, ie, 1 supp role for each 3 powers in a theme.

Gadgets (troll), Munitions (tank), Serums (heal)

HL (troll), Rage (tank, ??? Corps (heal)

Wind (troll), Fire (tank), Water (heal)

That mixed with the possibility of the Dev's caving an letting us sport more than 1 power on a single character through the use of Armories, how awesome would it be having a full kit Mercenary that can do anything, or a Lantern Ring wielder that can switch emotions to help however possible.
    Or and Avatar (airbender) that can master all 4 elements and supp any way he/she needs.
    • Like x 2
  9. winter13 New Player

We have enough lantern powers and Spytle already said water will likely never happen. Just because they are not the powers YOU wanted, does not mean they won't be good. Perhaps you should give them a fair shake considering you haven't even seen them yet.
    • Like x 2
  10. Prudii Skirata New Player

They have said over and over and over again that water and ice look too much alike to make, just because people refuse to listen doesn't mean it hasn't been addressed.
    • Like x 1
  11. Lady Fayte New Player

Customer service is helping a customer when something goes wrong.
    Customer satisfaction is giving a customer what they want.
    Not everyone thinks the same way. Thus Customer satisfaction is an illusion, someone will always be unhappy with what is happening.

As for your thread with a quote. I will do one better and say it.
    While I will probably not play the power-set, I am rather glad to see a power-set that relates to Bane. I am more annoyed that people are using the iconic power to try and justify why it shouldn't be the power-set (yet?) that was picked.

Would I like to see a water power? Yes. But not as a healer. Following your example, "it lacks imagination and is overdone in games for water (and air) to be used as healing abilities." I would rather see the remaining two elemental based powers to be tank types (Fire, Ice, and Earth are all tank powers after all.)

Would I like to see a Shadow power? Not really. Celestial has this covered for the most part. Unless you meant more necromancy than shadow. Sure I'd love to see a necromantic power-set.

The short end of the stick, do not judge the powers before we actually see what they involve. They could turn out to be very good or quite bad. We'll find out once they are released (test server or live, your pick).
    • Like x 3
  12. Zim New Player

I hope this is it for future planned content and keeping the ps3 relevant. Hopefully by the end of 2015 they will phase out the ps3 completely.
    • Like x 1
  13. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

They are not going to limit themselves to earth weaponry only I'm sure. Even if they did, not every hero has to be a planetary threat. Street level heroes are just as important as those with super powers.
    • Like x 1
  14. thelight420 New Player

#hugs all around
    • Like x 2
  15. Proto1118 Committed Player

Blame the PS3.
  16. Joykiller Dedicated Player

People have been wanting Atomic forever. That it's a healer powerset has thrown people off guard, but still, they've been wanting it. Same with Munitions/Ballistics. And honestly, how anyone could *not* like a tank powerset inspired by Bane is beyond me. He's THE tank in DCUO. If the powerset is an expanded version of how Bane plays in Legends I'm going to love it.
    • Like x 3
  17. True Despair Well-Known Player

this sums it up ^
    • Like x 2
  18. GammaGreenLantern New Player

Munnitions seems like SUCH a redundant power after the HEAVY focus on Weapon Mastery lately....

The current reccuring WEAPONS focus of this SUPERPOWER game is starting to get quite annoying in my opinion....

Weapon Mastery already has us all using our weapons more then our powers (Weapon Mastery Universe Online) and now for the next power they go with the theme of munitions when there are already two seperate types of guns in the game (Dual Pistol, Rifle)

My problem with this power is that it does not really bring any new/interesting ideas to the game. Everybody already uses weapons 75% of the time....how special can you feel with munitions when every other character you play with has guns as well....like I said, just seems like a redundant power especially considering the heavy focus on Weapon Mastery lately....

I understand that Munnitions will look and feel different then the other powers. It just seems like bad timing to release a weapon related power after shoving the weapon theme down our throat the last 3-4 months...especially when I know many do not like the fact that their toon uses more weapon attacks then powers in a SUPERPOWER game...
    • Like x 2
  19. Mister Brees New Player

I think the serum power for tanking sounds awesome especially when he said that they are trying to work in grappling. It would be cool if your arms stretched out and grabbed people from across the screen. Then you can pummel them with super strength. Can't wait to see this one.
    • Like x 1
  20. chipzes Committed Player

All I see is a bunch of people being offended because they spent the last months or years convincing themselves to what the next powers will be and who are now unable to accept that we are getting something completely different than what they were certain we would get.

The drama isn't about the actual new powersets themselves, it's just crying people who wasted half a year shouting "BLEU LENTARN POWARS CONFIRMED" or the more sophisticated "we now have lantern Controllers and lantern Tanks, the devs have no choice but to give us lantern Healers next". Well they do have a choice, deal with it and next time maybe try not to talk yourself into believing you know what the future will bring so you might be able to look toward new stuff without being so utterly disappointed.

We can always hope for certain features/powers to be implemented but some of the blue lantern healer/shadow troll/atomic tank (etc) people took this way too seriously and were completely confident that the devs would do exactly what they predicted. That had nothing to do with hope anymore and now the joke is on them. :D
    • Like x 10