New powers...Weak and lacking imagination.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GregDawe, Aug 15, 2014.

1. GregDawe New Player

This is a comic book game.
    The core concept is use of ones imagination.
    And we get military training and roids as a "power".
    Poor form from the Dev team on this one.

Atomic, sure, I love the idea, as a Healer? not so sure, but I'll see how it goes.

This announcement feels very influences by the old ball and chain of DCUO, the PS3.

Munitions and Serums seem far too simple and barely count as "powers" for mine.
    There is already a serum style iconic power.
    We have weapons.
    So this is nothing short of dissapointing.

Not to mention the perfect opportunity they have with WotL3 long enough away for them to take their time with a Lantern healing power after they released the next troll power.

I have no issue with Atomic, providing it is done right, and with the PS3 still out and about on the servers, I am not holding my breath.
    • Like x 18
  2. Little Sister New Player

Honestly, it sounds like you are the one who lacks imagination.
    • Like x 68
  3. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

I love how people are judging these powers by only their name, nothing else has been released yet and your already making a judgement call (a rather harsh one at that) sounds to me like your the one with poor form
    • Like x 29
  4. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

Exactly! I don't mean to hate on these powers, but they do seem bland. I think they wanted to bring back dead customers and announced these powers. I was always an advocate for keeping the PS3 as long as possible. People work hard for their money and to just throw away the PS3 seems selfish. However, these powers seem like a by-product of the PS3's incapabilities.

In my ideal world, the next three powers would have been: Hope, Water, and Shadow (or Atomic). Atomic is the only power here that makes sense. I worry that munitions will be too much like gadgets. Along with that, experimental serums just seem too plain and straight-foward.

But now, the PS3 has to go. I'm sorry, like I said, I was a strong advocate for keeping it, but when it starts affecting things like powers, it's gone too far.

You and I, as well as many other lantern fans still want that Hope Healer.

And all we can do is HOPE.
    • Like x 7
  5. GregDawe New Player

How so?
    Better ideas for powers than Steroids and different uses for Weapons.

Water
    Wind/Weather
    Hope/Indigo
    Shadow

That is 4 straight off the bat that have been thought through and asked for for years now.

And now I can laugh at the guys spending money on respec tokens, or gearing up new toons with powers like
    Munitions: the ability to do weapon mastery between more than 2 weapons consecutively.
    Serums: the ability to choose venom from the iconic powers screen for a whole loadout.
    • Like x 9
  6. Little Sister New Player

Because you want another Lantern power and you can't "imagine" how these new powers will be unique and fun.
    • Like x 21
  7. TrueOlympus New Player

actually every power announced is nearly identical too what the community has been asking for, for years.

Serums tank is basically that physical powerset
    Munitions is basically that ballistics powerset
    Atomic is the 2nd most requested power behind water.
    • Like x 32
  8. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

Isn't Munitions really just weapon mastery. Seriously, it IS the definition of weapon mastery. I wonder how they're going to differentiate the two.
    • Like x 3
  9. Ice Clown New Player

i kinda agree with what GregDawe. I too don't find 2/3 of the powers interesting. Atomic is cool, but I believe it should've been a tank power.

munitions and serum sounds kinda.....ehh....sorrry buti believe the powers couldve been alot better. But hey, maybe the DEVs will surprise us, who knows? but currently, Im not very wowed for the powers.

controller should've shadow power
    healer shouldve been water power
    tank shouldve been atomic power
    • Like x 7
  10. GregDawe New Player

1 - Lantern powers make sense with other things released to date.
    2 - Customer service is meeting the demands of those purchasing your product. Find me 1 thread that says "i want a Bane/Lt ******** power cos it would be something completely new and fun and nothing like gadgets"
    3 - take the Lantern powers off the list, there is still 3 perfectly good ideas that are 9000X more fresh and new than Steroids and Boot Camp
    • Like x 8
  11. Azrael New Player

I can see how the OP can be disappointed but lets wait and see how these powers play out. Besides WE ALL know if the powers lack imagination, cool animations, and DOES HUGE DAMAGE- everyone will love them and respec to them regardless- sadly :(
    • Like x 10
  12. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

With all do respect, lanterns are unique. Don't mean to get on the offensive, but munitions seems just like weapon mastery. I wonder how they're going to differentiate the two. You're right in the fact that we haven't seen anything yet, we'll just have to wait and see.

But on the topic of lanterns, they are unique, each of them representing their own emotion in the emotional spectrum. Munitions just seems like weapon mastery, just my opinion.
    • Like x 6
  13. Ice Clown New Player

the DEVs might indeed make it unbalance on purpose so people can be alittle bit more happy hahaha
    • Like x 2
  14. Little Sister New Player

Ballistics and "physical" powersets have been wanted for years. But I'm not going to go search for topics about it, because that's pointless lol.

Look at the inspired bys. Batman and Sgt. Rock are absolutely nothing alike. Wait until you actually see the powerset in action.
    • Like x 10
  15. GregDawe New Player

And then that creates the problem of unbalancing the Support/DPS ratio.
    These do not sound like exciting support role powers (atomic does)
    And they should be designing powers for the support more than the DPS side of things
    • Like x 1
  16. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I have not been this excited about a new power set since Quantum
    • Like x 9
  17. Little Sister New Player

Don't get me wrong, I totally want a Blue Lantern healing power. I was just pointing out that the OP seems to lack imagination, the very thing he's calling out the developers on.
    • Like x 8
  18. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Can we actually wait till we see what the powers atleast look like or what their special mechanic is before we jump into it?
    Who knows maybe we might be able to grow like bane.
    • Like x 14
  19. Ice Clown New Player

yeah, tooo much DPS in the game already haha
  20. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

However, people also wanted shadow and water powers much more than munitions or serums. If anything, shadow and waters make more sense in the DLCs than serums or munitions. We have yet to see an justifiable reason why they're not in.
    • Like x 5