New powers...Weak and lacking imagination.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GregDawe, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Tskales Well-Known Player

I'm very pleased.

Atomic is a power the community has wanted for a long time, and munitions can join gadgets as another tech power. Experimental Serums could be a bit techy, and it also gives people the might based powers they've been asking for as well.
    • Like x 1
  2. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

We don't need anymore lantern powers there's already, green, yellow. and red. If there is any other lantern power i care to see it would be black, i just think a lot of people were looking forward to seeing water powers after all the hype and got disappointed now people are just shooting down these new powers off the back. I wanted to to see water and wind powers as well but hey the devs might surprise us with these powers you just never know, plus i'm sure water and wind will come eventually at least people got the atomic powers i've seen that get brought up a lot in the past.
    • Like x 1
  3. The BlackDragon Well-Known Player

A lot of people are acting like they were promised certain power sets. Grappling is definitely a new mechanic, actually curious on how its gonna work. People said that Celestial was gonna be same as sorcery and it turned out to be much more than that. And I srsly don't understand this: "Devs are not creative with new powers! Now where's my 3rd lantern power set?"
    Water has been requested, yes, but they said it would be hard to pull off (would be a cool power to have that's for sure). Physical power set was very much requested, and this is their answer, while may not be the exact thing people were looking for, its pretty close. I've seen balistic being requested too (not as much as the previously mentioned ones). If atomic is gonna have some molecular restructuring involved I can totally see it as a healing power set.

It boils down to wait and see at the end of the day, these all sound good to me atm.
    • Like x 8
  4. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

Well, wouldn't atomic and quantum look alike? We'll just have to wait and see, saying that "water and ice would looks too much alike" seems a little lazy on their part. Water is a generic and common power (not in a bad way), it's animations and even color could be CLOSE to ice, but there are obvious difference, for example, water flows and is smoother, ice is not.
  5. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

We need another lantern to complete the support roles. Hope makes a perfect choice, and a villain counterpart could be Indigo, I don't care if they do more lantern content after that, I just want my Hope Healer.
    • Like x 4
  6. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

They can make another support power set who ever said it had to be a lantern power.
    • Like x 3
  7. Tre Day New Player

Now this, I can buy into. It does make the most sense to me.

Atomic (Healer), Munitions (Controller), 'Serums' (Tank)...color me interested. Sure, we can all convince ourselves that those powers can play into the other roles, but the intentions made by the Devs make sense too.

Good to know that some things never change here...'can't make everyone happy'. :p
    • Like x 4
  8. Prosser Dedicated Player

It baffles me that people think the next power should of been hope. Light was released in DLC 1, Rage was released in DLC 9. that's 8 DLC's apart. There were also 4 other powers in between them. I could care less about the lantern powers and would find it quite annoying if they pumped another lantern power out so soon.

As for water.... it seems so blah to me. No draw to that at all.

However Munitions, and Serums I find to be very interesting. Atomic, I may try it, I may not. Never saw what the big deal was about it anyway.
    • Like x 2
  9. Falco Committed Player

As said in another post "munitions = gadgets 2.0". Without knowing the full details on the power, sure. Pretty confident the devs will mix it up well enough that it will not seem like an extension of gadgets by the time it is released though. As for the other two powers, the community has been asking for these as long as I can remember. And to your comment about these being influenced by "the old ball and chain of dcuo", well I'll just lmfao at that. Get over yourself.
    • Like x 1
  10. Falco Committed Player

Very original.
    • Like x 1
  11. DivineSire Dedicated Player

This looks "correct" to me but have to wait and see a preview before jumping out the window on it.
    • Like x 1
  12. Myrdin69 New Player

at the very least i don't feel very enthusiastic by 2 of the 3 new power (munition sound like a minigun new weapon, and i'm not into doping for tank so no thanks, i'm waiting to see atomic to made my mind).
    • Like x 1
  13. xXxARMAGEDD0NxXx Well-Known Player

Like they said they had to free up space for these powersets so once everybody gets a ps4 then they can do the more complex stuff they can't cater to everybody's requests
    • Like x 1
  14. stl4now Well-Known Player

I honestly enjoy reading your retorts. (Salutes)
    • Like x 2
  15. Draco8573 New Player

Ive said it before ill say it again. Shadow should have been the next troll power.
    • Like x 1
  16. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

Well, it just makes sense to have a lantern healer. We already have a lantern controller and tank, now we just need a healer. Of course they can make other support power sets that don't have to be a lantern, but it just makes sense from a player standpoint for them to make a Hope (or really any other lantern) healer; it just completes the support roles for lanterns.
  17. Feenicks New Player

Not really sure why that makes sense/ What other power has that trio of roles?

This is, after all, DCUO, not GLUO.
    • Like x 3
  18. Prosser Dedicated Player

I'm gonna just restate what i said before

Just saying, it would logically be awhile till you see hope (or any lantern power)
  19. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

lol makes sense to you and you alone
  20. Tre Day New Player

And considering the back-and-forth about which of the remaining Lantern colors would/would not represent the villain counterpart of the 'Blue Lantern Healer', based on canon...

I would be with some people's thinking if it didn't involve this whole 'I know more about this game than the actual game developers do' mentality with some, despite the Devs actually knowing more. :p

I'm not a hardcore optimist nor a staunch pessimist, but I like what I've seen so far. I mean, I would have to be since I'm still here or else I would be...um, elsewhere. :p
    • Like x 2