New powers...Weak and lacking imagination.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GregDawe, Aug 15, 2014.

1. GregDawe New Player

Oh I am in no way ever saying that I KNOW 100% that these powers will be bad.
    I am full hoping they are awesome, just so far, the titles, the "inspired by" have really got me worried, and then it poses the question in my mind, that is "well, why didn't you do the powers that we asked for, now we have to wait longer."

Atomic is the one I am really keen for.
    It is based on Firestorm.
    What I understand of him (and I could be wrong) is he is less "fire" more the control of energy?

But to the point lost of people are throwing at me with such hostility, he is just an example, and he out of the 3 had a big KINDA sign on him.

I want all 3 of these powers to be awesome.
    Just 2 of them seem a little recycled, and "real-world" to me
  2. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

Well i love gadgets, Deathstroke is a beast so i'm looking forward to munitions and seeing what it can do as well as the rest of the new powers.
    • Like x 3
  3. John Brawler Committed Player

okay, first off i've read the whole thread and your posts, you say these powers show a lack of creativity and are not the ones people demand, even though atomic is the second most demanded power maybe not in the role decided but we don't know enough to decide whether it is better or worse then if it was a controller or tank, water they already said wouldn't work due to how complicated it is, physical powerset has been requested for the longest, and ballistics which munitions is possibly based on, is also highly requested aswell.

second, when you're complaining about lack of creativity, only talking about other's ideas and offering none of your own is a very big sign that it isn't what you really care about, and offering a power which the actual idea is "take these two i don't want and mix them" when what you're saying about them mixed together is literally the power description of an existing and very popular character leads me to think you don't really care about what these powers are, you just don't want them for reasons other then what you said.

third, and most importantly, i can comment here if i please, you post a thread, i can comment if i please. don't like having your "mindset" and opinion" questioned, then keep it to yourself, especially when the point of posting is to put it out there for others to analyze and agree, or disagree with as they see fit. as for telling me to "go home and not comment here again" and calling me a fool simply shows a great deal of immaturity and a refusal to stay civil when someone simply tells you that what you say appears to be far removed from what you actually want/mean.
    • Like x 9
  4. GregDawe New Player

If munitions is good, you can count on me making one hell of a Deathstroke inspired DPS toon.
    I would double it as a troll, but my main is a troll.
    I don't have a tank, so I would have loved the ability to make a tank toon with this power if it were good.
  5. GregDawe New Player

Never said anything about having it questioned.
    You yourself were throwing chat as if you knew what I was saying.
    This thread is about seeking an explanation to why these and not the others.

Never once in this thread have I bagged Atomic.
    If you read the posts, which you say you did, you would know that.

As for telling you where to go, it was because you have had nothing constructive to say here mate.
    Everyone else who has come to comment with an opposing opinion have been very open to hear what I have to say and vice versa, you are just coming in to say "don't make threads like these, you're being mean and there is no reason for it".
    I respect anyones decision to include themselves, you however have offered nothing of worth.
  6. space outlaw Well-Known Player

now I can just see people creating a look a like deathstroke with Munitions
    • Like x 1
  7. John Brawler Committed Player

yea... no it wasn't... name of the thread is "NEW POWERS...WEAK AND LACKING IMAGINATION" is that really going to attract a dev thinking "oh he's gonna give logical reasons why these powers were a bad idea" no... it's not. and not once did you ask or lead anyone to believe you want to know why, you simply complained about them, insulted the devs, and then constantly change what you're saying based on what the others say. my original post had the worth of showing you that no one will respect this when you've also got a different reason for it then what you say, as well as telling you why fusing the two powers was against your original supposed "argument" and why serums was added as well as why it is not simply "physical" granted i could have worded the second part of that better, but honestly you're complaining and arguing with people about something we don't know much about yet and complaining that we should have gotten something else that we have no idea how it would go.

oh, and also, i refuse to take someone who says gadgets, munitions, and serums shouldn't be powers seriously when their sig shows that the only characters you have are hard light, rage, and (eventually hope healer) when all three powers are abilities that require an outside influence to use these abilities when that's supposedly one of the reasons you don't like two of the powers.
    • Like x 5
  8. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

My thing after watching the stream they talked about freeing up memory for the ps3 which is great but if these powers are the direct result of the ps3 issues then they should of came with a better marketing option for ps4 users such as announce exclusive set of powers water Shadow and blue lantern etc to ps4 the crowd would have gone crazy moving the ps3 player base much sooner i didnt even see the crowd get excited besides atomic powers i have hope for part 3 dlc maybe patients is a virtue :( the only thing i liked was the new movement mode it reminds me of static shock and potential new survival mode
  9. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

[IMG]
    it could be wanted, but not necessary. to have new powers. Like GW2 has Legendary weapons... just a cosmetic difference.
  10. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

All I want is to throw a Grenade as a SC and have it do stupid damage, or pull out a super powerful rifle, fire a sniper shot I can go on and on how dif playing as a regular solider can be then playing as a batman like that gadgets toon.
    • Like x 2
  11. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

I have hope for part 3 of the dlc we might see shadow water blue lantern etc
    patients is a virtue :(
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

U have no idea how these powers will play or what they even look like yet u criticize the devs right away. How can u be so short sighted? Because u dont like the choices for the powers i guess the devs should change all their plans right? Dont bother answering my questions, i wont see your answers, my ignore list on here just keeps growing and growing....
    • Like x 6
  13. GregDawe New Player

True, I was a little hasty and hostile to start.

But there are serious questions to ask nonetheless.

Why not water/shadow/lantern healing/wind/weather?
    Did the PS3 play a part?

Clearly you haven't read the rest of the posts.
    I am excited for them, but EXTREMELY worried as to how they will be executed.

My biggest concern is Serums.
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

Well spytle has explained why they cant do water powers and imo its amazing that people keep saying they are not liking the new power choices when U KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THEM BUT THEIR NAME. After the threads about this 2day i am 100% convinced people on these forums have no idea what they want and are NEVER HAPPY.
    • Like x 9
  15. JRsoFLY_123 Committed Player

Then when the powersets come out...

GregDawe: I stand corrected :p
    • Like x 4
  16. Avian Dedicated Player

How are those powers imaginative? They are basically what you would expect/want to be in the game and pretty cliche if you ask me.
    • Like x 3
  17. GregDawe New Player

Not true, they said what they were inspired by.
    Which is why I am very stand-off-ish about Serums.
    They said it is inspired by Bane.
    Bane is a venom junkie, and venom boost is already a iconic power.

If they had have said it were a supersoldier power I would be less worried.
    If they said it was healing and it focused on those kinds of "medicines" I would be more ok with it.
    But Bane's venom really doesn't excite me.

But as I said, I am happy to change my tune when I see more.

I am feeling better about Munitions from some of the different angles that posts in this thread put forward.

And I had no problem with Atomic, bar the fact they didn't tank it, but I like the sounds of it as a healer anyway.
    • Like x 2
  18. GregDawe New Player

I will actually say those exact words if the powers I am most worried about turn out to be incredible haha.
    Not average, but incredible.
    Meaning that I want to be glad that Lantern Healing, water, shadow ect. did not come out instead.

Oh they are to be expected?
    Yeah I agree.
    Yet they are absent and cried out for.
    Which is kind of my point.
    You're right, not super imaginative I guess.
    • Like x 1
  19. Avian Dedicated Player

This the best part of the game IMO. What's there to look forward to and be suprised by if you can practically tell which powers are going to be released because they are granting every fanboys wishlist?
    • Like x 2
  20. GregDawe New Player

I see what you mean. And I guess it would be different altogether if there weren't an official forums site, I would be constantly surprised.

But what would excite me (let's use BL healer for an example) is the fact that I don't know how they would do the mechanics, so that learning process would be fun for both healing and DPS, I haven't healed before and plan on having that as my 1st healer toon (now I reckon it'll be atomic).

That said, it's the same reasons that have me so so worried about Munitions and Serums that excite me about the powers I want to see in the game.

I also like seeing players takes on the powers and how they theme their toons.
    • Like x 1