New in the Marketplace: Celebrate #BatmanDay with Batman's Cowl Pack!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

;):D;)

I used to be able to cheat.
    When I was using the Robot Batman head...... I could just color the skin black and camouflage the short sleeves.

W8ill have to find another cheat...... or find some longer gloves. ;) ;)
    • Like x 1
  2. Adamantious New Player

Do subscribers get 10% off the cost of the cowel set? or is it 2000 for everyone?
  3. Qwerty Beyond New Player

If you're buying it from the Marketplace, yep it's 1800MC/SC
    STILL EXPENSIVE!!!
    I think the Devs are trying to do some sort of...brain trick kinda thing XD
    We've been asking for a cowl for years, shows how desperate we are for one, and now they release one that's $20, makes me feel like they set the price at 20 on purpose...
  4. spinza Well-Known Player

Thanks i got it
    • Like x 1
  5. Son1cPT Well-Known Player

Batman Day hmmm

and I was thinking (BatmanĀ“s Cowl. it would be free

It would be something good that you could do to the community

and your fans

but no

why I will offer if they can afford it

I do not agree with this

and 20 euros omg are you serious

it is not even the whole costume

well wath can i say

i do not will buy that sry
  6. Qwerty Beyond New Player

Well, I guess some of you are right...
    *gets on USPS*
    *sees someone with the name related to Batman with the cowl on every 10 minutes or so...*
    But erm...can't blame them can we? Batman is rich, intelligent and cool, who wouldn't wanna be Batman, plus, if I blame them, I'm blaming myself to XD
    Have this alt account called "Batman2841"
    2841 = Batman's space sector or something...whatever the Green Lanterns call it.
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I think you made a typo??
    It should be Batman of sector 2814??? unless you are a Batman from somewhere else then Earth like the Batman of Zur En Arrh???

One Batman every 10 minutes?? Can't say I see that many..... except for my character of course. ;) ;)
  8. IMighty ManI Active Player

Cool update, but the price is obviously nonsense so this is a no-brainer to skip. Just a mask is worth more than anything I can think of offhand on the market? I can admit I might be wrong, but what other single items cost that much in the market just for one little thing? Even bundles are frequently cheaper from what I remember. For 20 bucks, this should have included a random Batman legend as well, and maybe the Cave lair style or something to give some bang for the bucks; then no one would be arguing price and you would be selling way more of them. This is simply a bad deal at that price. Even if it is for a limited time, who cares? This mask is not worth 20 bucks by itself, especially when I already have the Batman Inspired mask which isn't available anymore and looks very similar.
    This reeks of Daybreak being desperate for more income, and is not a good sign for the future.
    • Like x 1
  9. Phill Committed Player

I have to agree. Twenty dollars (2000 SC) for two styles is twice as much as any other style in the market. When are people going to figure out that micro transactions are 1-5 dollars not 10-20 dollars. Five dollars being the absolute high end for micro transactions. DCUO would sell 7-10 batman cowls @ 500SC compared to 1 @ 2000SC. I would drop a dollar bill on that against anyone that thinks otherwise.
  10. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

Needless to say that the developers have severely overpriced this. At some point I'd like them to learn that having more people by a $10 item is better than having less people buying a $20

Here is a few argument I've seen FOR this pricing that I wish to attack:

It is inline with MP cosmetic items in other MMOs:
    Why does what other MMOs do matter in the conversation? Other MMOs should not be the compare group in use here. Heck, if we want to get economical if DCUO's competitors are having high prices DCUO would be able to "undercut" them and get more consumers. So once again the comparisons DO NOT strengthen the argument nor do they make sense.
    The appropriate compare group is the other cosmetic items in game. Or in fact the entire MP item list. essentially this style costs, 5 episodes. This is 10 pieces of content. 5 months of playtime. This one styles costs as much as changing your power TWICE. The gender exclusive hair styles cost 2 dollars a piece in an 8 dollar bundle.

It's iconic so the cost is deserved:
    Having the price this high sets a precedent. A bad one. Now any future iconic styles will cost $20 if not more. If this item succeeds(which it will only due to demand), it will enable the devs to get even more out of control with these prices. The hairstyles were only the tip of the iceberg. This cowl should have been 10 dollars. No more no less. I never wanted the style. But i would have bought it to support the effort to grow the MP. There are more people like myself who feel this way.

We asked for it, so we shouldn't complain that we have it:
    As happy as I am that we got it, that does not excuse this grossly overpriced item.

I just don't understand what is up with the pricing on items. Does no one realize that you actually WANT alot of people to buy it? You shouldn't have people saying "Lol no" at a cosmetic item. that's a loss in revenue. At $10 I would have strongly considered buying this item. Now, I stand here mouth agape in utter shock. Knowing that If I want this item I am effectively giving up 5 months of content! 5 Months vs. a batman mask? This is not the type of comparison that should ever need to be made.

I am sorry. I just wanted to vent. It is the developers game, and they can do with it as they wish. I am only mildly disappointed that we as consumers are willing to enable this type of pricing. We are going full tilt down the metaphorical slippery slope. Once the developers get a feel for what they can get away with(which is alot judging from the reactions in this thread), prices will only get more bombastic.

Ask yourself this... if the cowl is $20, how much will the emblem be? How much would an entire suit be? If they are now able to sell the 2nd most iconic part of batman's suit(second to the emblem), what is stopping DC from allowing them to sell ANYTHING really? More items are coming. And We as a playerbase have said loud and clear that $20 dollars should be the minimum

End Post
    Awesome Out
    • Like x 1
  11. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

I didn't know about this. Having just finished MGSV, I opted to test out DCUO before Mad Max got here and i'd need the HDD space again. Saw the cowl on the MP and couldn't believe they finally added it in there.

The price point feels like the cost to use the license has been shifted over to the players, though it merely could reflect the state of the game's dropping popularity and need for income. Not surprised.

In any case, picked it up, picked up the bombshell wigs, 2 more character slots, and maxed out shared bank slots. Something in the range of 50 bucks. Haven't resubbed though. There's still issues with power balancing, and i've yet to test if the power regen mechanic for sorc and earth has been corrected to match how the mech' is working with other powers. If they managed that, we'll see. Maybe Rockatansky can wait.

This proves there's little they can't do to add to the game - it's just that $ problem. The MP still targets the few willing to spend large quantities of cash as opposed to making it more appealing to the majority of users. I still want to see individual armory costs drop to 2-3$ per individual purchase, since that population problem isn't going to go away, and the role disparity will only widen. Ensuring more people are able to grab that 2nd armory will help prevent some of that issue.

Love the friggin' cowls. The female variant could have used a hole in the back where preset hair would pop out from, allowing for Batgirl mimicry.
    • Like x 1
  12. Qwerty Beyond New Player

Oh right 2814 my bad
    Nah I'm exaggerating not that many Batmans...yet...
    • Like x 1
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Look at all the fun you can get with the Batman Cowl. ;) ;)
    EDIT... P.S. Those are all different characters. :eek:
    [IMG]
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Holy Crap!!
    How could I be some EVIL!!!
    I forgot to include the Composite Batman Superman. ;) ;)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Qwerty Beyond New Player

They know they won't get away but...
    *insert Batman voice*
    "They know. They just don't care."

Entire suit = $20
    Sounds good
    Entire suit = $50
    Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope
    • Like x 1
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yeah... I had to add the Batman of Earth 0.....
    BATzArr0.... the Reverse Batman. ;)

[IMG]
  17. Ken Spartan Committed Player

Dude, I just want the symbol, lol. The rest can be made using items that are already in the game.
  18. Champloo92 Well-Known Player

Everyone is complaining about what OTHER people spend their money on. What it comes down to is if you don't want to pay 20 dollars...then DONT. Noone is forcing you and noone cares one way or the other. The devs aren't going to be like, "oh yea, that IS a steep price, let's change it". If 20 dollars is so farfetched for a product for CERTAIN players then this isn't the game for you. Sure there are plenty of other things you can buy. If that's the case, go buy it and stop worrying about other people's money.
    • Like x 1