New in the Marketplace: Celebrate #BatmanDay with Batman's Cowl Pack!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Malachyte Devoted Player

I don't get that...I'm not trying to tell you anything that isn't true and/or trying to convince you of anything.

I'm just stating my opinion in that I don't think $20 for an unique piece of development art work for a toon is a crazy price.
  2. JediKing Level 30

Lol bra you make no sense its nit about if its free in not its the price is too high and only morons and fan boys and people who think spending $20 for this is awesome that's like what 5-10% of people on the forums no one I've seen so far in game was wearing one or was saying they would buy at $20. So take ya crack and Dave Chappelle else I don't wanna hear BS from people on thus one. If people are complaining over 7.20 for hair you really thing its Batman do its ok. Nope not about being broke or when ever its about common sense and common sense tells me wait fir a sale or not at all because this us like what many in game are saying stupid. Not helping the market place at all what a waste of resources.
  3. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

In a game where character customization is one of its focusing points (create your own superhero/villain yada yada, aka costumes), charging 20$ for a 1 out of 8 style slots is nowhere near justifiable. If they released a full Batman set, I'd be ok (I guess), but for a simple mask which there are already a few similar ones? No.

I don't recall them capitalizing on popularity(and greed) this extravagantly before. I'm officially joining DevsDontCareAboutGameOnly$$ club. I was turning a blind eye to it for years, not anymore.
    • Like x 2
  4. JediKing Level 30

I'm not saying don't buy it Um saying its not worth $20 and if using this as a test they will be disappointed. Support game I have but cannot support justifying $20 for batman mask I'm sorry just cant do it they are wasting opportunities doing dumb things like this. I bet you if it was $5-10 it would have made more than the $20. No one supporting this makes sense.
    • Like x 1
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Was being sarcastic, but that is what those who are supporting the price are basically saying

Dibrie: that phrase originated with Judge Judy :p

Backseid: are you trying to justify the price because other games charge that much? o_O
  6. Dibrie Committed Player

sure man i get ya , but i dont see how DBG put the prices together, even with lincense/trademarks legal stuff seems 20$ just a lot.

Just look with me at these prices

A fullmembership 13$
    350 Replay's 10$
    A new Episode 4,99
    Vanity hairstylez 8$
    Vaninity item badman 20$

Im no marketing Genius in fact i dont know shizznitzz about marketing, but this prices just doesnt seem right :)
    then me and CN have a diff point of view whats microtransitions are.:D

I can imagine that some one is a die hard Badman fan they would pay anyting, but i can also imagine that 20$ is lot of money to spend on a game, wich for some already a sub.

Cashmoneygrab system alsway's backfire

This in no way a attack at the dev's CEO descides this stuff

Greetz Dibrie
  7. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

It's a double-edged sword:

You either buy the vanity products and support the development of future vanity products, or you don't buy the vanity products and the developers jump to the conclusion that there isn't a market for them and never make them again.
  8. Dibrie Committed Player

Dev's dont do marketing startegy's they develope and things and hope be creative, these descision are made by a markerting dept.
    Or at least they come with the stratgey's to get customers or revenue of their customers.

I bet they had to pay a lot off money to license it, but seen as in the movie coming and badman hughes fanbase it was worth to try.
    I guess.

Greetz Dibrie
    • Like x 1
  9. megamanexe Committed Player

and they set the price too high then they shoot themselves in the foot by fooling them into thinking there is no market when there was but not for the prices they're selling.
    • Like x 1
  10. Malachyte Devoted Player

I think and this is just a guess, they chose the price of $20 to make it unique and market it to die hard Batman fans, and to not have every toon out there with that style.

Basically where the ones that are wearing that style are stoic Batman fans and just have to have it for their characters and where it seems not as rare if every toon has it.
    • Like x 2
  11. Ghostof91 New Player

What's funny is years ago players used to say they will pay a fortune on a Batman Cowl, so it looks like the devs took you guys word and put it up for sale for that price, however if you have grown up knowing about Batman, purchasing that product brings you right at home, I am really feeling the Dc spirit now:), you be surprised people spends they money on rediculous things sometimes, the long requested Batman cowl is here, what is the problem.:eek:
    • Like x 1
  12. Naudia Nyce Well-Known Player

True, but kinda makes you wonder, with all the hate on price, will the people who cant afford the mask give the same hate to the ones who shelled out the dough for it?
    If thats the case, then every person seen wearing the mask will get ridiculed for frivilous spending by other (lets say jealous) players.
    • Like x 1
  13. Dipin Gujral Committed Player

Don't buy it since it does not affect your game play. If you were rich, $20 would mean less than pocket change and perhaps you would not care what the cowl costed.
  14. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Say what you want about the price of the cowls. But you're know what you're getting instead of the crap shoot that is the booster bundle boxes. How many people have bought two or more of the booster bundles and didnt get the rare aura, like radiant, glimmering or the other super rare auras?...
    • Like x 2
  15. Sylo Committed Player

Years ago this game was thriving.
    • Like x 1
  16. Ghostof91 New Player

True, but there's always going to be something people will ridicule you about in the game if not Batman cowl it's the way your character looks etc. There's this call backbone were you just ignore those envy minions, heck I can give a rats, it's my money unless they are buying me the Batman cowl than I can see they point, you are number 1, if you see something you want treat yourself to it.;)
    • Like x 2
  17. Ghostof91 New Player

True, but it seems like the devs are trying to pick it up with the, new market items very worthy 10x more than the current ones, new per month content, suicide squad, the start of the mid range mechanic in Gu 53, so I'm slowly getting back into this game haha.
  18. lokithoz Committed Player

It still overpriced what soever. The price does not justify the value of the product. Since you are not getting the whole outfit just single piece of it. Ridiculous.

Even if you are big batman fan you should realized how over expensive that is. After all you are just buying a single piece of style.
    Money does not rain in the streets to be throwing like that on a game. Use your money wisely people!.
  19. Naudia Nyce Well-Known Player

Well, i dont want the mask, i was just speculating, im a big Batman fan, but i dont feel the need to dress like him, especially if its over-priced and ANYONE can have the same style as me, i prefer individuality.

As a Batman fan.......the cowl is over-priced, people can buy at their own leisure, but i dont support over-priced products with my money. Doing that only concretes the fact that they can continue to release over-priced products and people will buy them, avoiding buying products too pricey is the only way to see any type of a price drop.
    • Like x 1
  20. Ghostof91 New Player

Your not throwing money away if it's something you want," If your wife want those expensive earrings that was priced overly high will you call that throwing money away, even if she wants it?, no you will get them for her because unlike anyone else that time will mean something special for the both of you."