New Exclusive Auras and your Favorite Marketplace Items Return in the New Booster Bundle!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 19, 2014.

1. TheMysticStar Level 30

Given you pay $10 for 350 replay and $5 for 125 = 475 replay for $15 and what ever the value for the other stuff. Plus a bonus of an aura at 30% chance of a special one and a 100% chance of an aura period. Plus given you can use Replay to unlock feats for SP.
  2. Lucaefor New Player

The price is stupidity I think. I saw people hawking plasmic auras in December and thought "Why?"; after spending $30 real money for the aura why would they then go ahead and sell it for in mere game cash?
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Then call me stupid, as I wanted the bundle. I sold mine for 50 mil and kind of thought maybe I should have waited until now, because the original is worth quite a bit more. lol

But I wasn't interested in the aura. Hardly use them as they are ginormous. Only Booster has his gold aura that makes sense, but I want the slim ones out and I want them to be easy access to those that were happy with the change then they reverted it a couple updates back.
    • Like x 2
  4. Starteller New Player

Are the items account bound or characters bound? Very important before buying
  5. RudeKitty New Player

My buddy bought 2 boxes last year... he got a red and a blue. Heck.. the red and blue are dropping like purples and he spent $40 to get one of each :( I figured... ah, what the heck, I'll give it a go. I got a red too. BAH.. I'm not spending another $20 to get something you fling at everyone already. How about y'all put exclusives in the booster bundles and keep the commons to the game drops???
    • Like x 5
  6. Lucaefor New Player

I just spent more than 200 RBs on feat inheritance for an alt. That 500 Replay Badge stash is pretty useful and makes the package quite cost effective when added to the other goodies.

That said, DCUO should stop trying to take advantage of people. Most customers are buying the bundle for the exclusive aura and only giving a chance to loot it is quite dirty; what this represents is gambling which is illegal in most places. There should be an exclusive aura in every box imho.
  7. TheMysticStar Level 30

Yeah I liked the slim aura's, but I think folks were complaining cuz they didn't fit to scale for larger characters
  8. BumblingB I got better.

They are like all items in the marketplace, account bound. Thank God, really. When the bundle came out last year, they hadn't implemented that yet.

Do not play Korean MMOs then. lol
  9. uXix Committed Player

I'm not, it's now green plasmic style.
  10. uXix Committed Player

The Nimbus/Plasmic styles are different.

The original plasmic was white now it's green for some reason.
  11. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Still isn't worth it to me. If it is to you, do you.
  12. No Aywok New Player

I simply meant the color of the Nimbus is closer to what I remember the Plasmic being. Mepps said it wasn't intended, so that's cool.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheMysticStar Level 30

Here's a TIP for US folks go to Walmart if it's close. $14.99= 2000 SC due to 500 SC bonus. I'm not sure, but I think the bundle is SC based though it may change due this TIP. (NOTE) I have no clue as to the UK equivalent to Walmart.
  14. Notangie New Player

It'd be nice if you'd remove purple (actually pink) auras from Booster Bundles. I understand keeping the animated ones rare & uncommon, but Red, Dark Blue, Light Blue, White, Golden, Green (did I miss one?) should be the only common auras.

Very few people would be happy they spent real money for a pretty pink glow.
    • Like x 3
  15. DarkAngelx85 New Player

I think this is BS. Honestly I will not be buying this, because I'm not taking any chances just to get a stupid purple aura. Now if they were to sell these new auras in the marketplace for a decent price then I would buy them.
    • Like x 4
  16. Skyfall New Player

lol, so many things to fix and work on....... seems silly.

w/e, people will buy it regardless.

If you guys released those War of the light auras you'd have more people buying too. lol.
    • Like x 1
  17. Mick Nugget New Player

For those that need everything in the package, theres no reason not to buy it.

But for those like myself who loathe the very existence of repair bots in a game I've spent over a year grinding my toon to top gear and sp, (I should be invincible. period. lol.) and have felt the royal drone sting of vault tickets (that STINGZZZ!) then there is no 30 dollar value. It's full price for the only stuff I'd use, the replays and maybe the scanners, and a bunch of extra stuff that would annoy me more than anything else.

But then, there's a special shiny aura I believe I could get in one or two tries, if history has taught me nothing:p .

Look, I get it. I'm fine with the marketing people doing whatever brings in the moolah. If people are willing to spend, I think someone said they spent 220 bucks and only got two good auras, then 105 bucks apiece should buy some new performance upgrades hopefully.

But get back to me when you have a sale on a selection of stuff I can choose from and I hand you dollars for products, even exchange, plain and simple, the way most people with half a brain are used to doing business. I don't hand people dollars for wishes and chances at products.

Still loving the game tho. Carry on:p
    • Like x 2
  18. MeteorRizzy New Player

Why not just put the aura reward box in the MP? is there any other way to get one? i would prefer that over spending $20 --__-- the rward box is all i care about
    • Like x 1
  19. Lucaefor New Player

Google ready brek commercial. It looks like my toon looks like he has OD'ed on Ready Brek. The slimmer auras are much more appealing imho.
    • Like x 2
  20. Lucaefor New Player

Yeah I bet. Just recently DCUO has been getting me down so kinda looking for another MMO to play, I'll bear that in mind.