New Exclusive Auras and your Favorite Marketplace Items Return in the New Booster Bundle!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Event X New Player

I have to agree with a lot of the other comments regarding selling the premium auras as cosmetic items in the marketplace. You probably would have way more people purchasing them than the booster bundles themselves.

I did not buy a booster bundle when the original plasmic was available and I will not buy these either, however, if these premium auras were sold individually, I can tell you for sure I would have bought one for each of my characters.
    • Like x 3
  2. xXS0EXx Committed Player

K cool. U should know that this style bug is affecting Intergalactic boot style from the collections as well and at the moment we are not able to change the color of the bone part of it at all. Pls fix that too.
  3. Louis Active Player

Um I'm just saying you don't really have to fix this in a hurry.
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Until 9AM PDT on April 2.
  5. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Can we please stop putting these in Lottery boxes? I get that you guys make a fortune off these, but these should be in the MP anyway

Make them like Armories in that theyre not account bound so you have to buy them for each character you want them on...Regular auras should be there too, but thats beside the point, these are what you guys SHOULD be making money off of us from so dont limit them to $20 lottery boxes
    • Like x 4
  6. MENTaLCAsE XIII New Player

Don't brag because it's "THUMBS DOWN"

college lol
    • Like x 1
  7. Mont New Player

i got ripped off, bought it got everything but the proto repair bots
    • Like x 1
  8. Mephisto Rapha New Player

Right?
    >makes simple spelling error thinking he's right.
    >mentions college experience
    >fail
    • Like x 1
  9. MercPony Devoted Player

I understand why you guys do these lottery boxes and its smart, but I do not agree with paying $20 for a chance at an exclusive aura that is also bundled with auras I can get on a near everyday basis. The rest of the stuff is worth it in a bundle otherwise.

I'd be much happier if you sold account bound time-sensitive cosmetic items on the marketplace instead.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jakex35 New Player

I have been on this game for over 2 and a half years, and I buy a few of these boxes to get one of the new auras but instead they give a me crappy auras like purple, I don't feel that is fair even for others that have played as long or even longer than I have my toon on ps3/4 is JakexX this is how I feel and it's up to you all if you agree or think we should have gotten at least one of the new auras.
    • Like x 1
  11. MENTaLCAsE XIII New Player

WOOO HOOO VAULT TICKETS!!!!
  12. Mephisto Rapha New Player

I love this game and will continue to support it, but let's look at this realistically. The bundle pack includes the random aura as an incentive for people to buy more of them, correct? Okay, we get that. Fine. But for the aura inside to be random adds a risk factor of the player not getting which aura they want. For someone to spend $20 of their hard earned cash for a slight chance that they MIGHT get the aura they want (or even ONE of the rare ones at all) is not only foolish, but it loses you guys some serious cash. We understand that you don't wanna make it too easy for the players to get rare items, but there's a better, easier solution for siphoning our wallets and still delivering the satisfaction the players desire. Instead of making them a random part of a Booster Pack, make several Booster Pack with varying prices based on the aura inside. That way, it's still a limited time offer, you get the players' money, and they get what they want from you guys. As it stands now, you're gonna have a lot less people buying Booster Packs because there's a HUGE chance that they'll be dissatisfied for their money's worth.
    • Like x 3
  13. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

There down to under 20 million on USPS side and with the way money is here that's dirt cheap .
  14. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

Was happy for the replays, just unlocked a crapload of feats on my villain toon, got her 24 extra skill points. However, I'm very displeased with the random aura drop. I got a red aura, you really should go back and reduce the amount of auras to just the plasmic, nimbus (or whatever the heck they're called), and maybe even green. The red, white, purple, gold, blue, dark blue are already so common in-game that it's hardly fair we have to spend the extra money just to receive another common aura that we don't want. I agree with everyone saying the rare auras should be added to the Marketplace as new cosmetic items, it would make you guys so much more money in the long-run, and it would greatly reduce the amount of angry customers.
    • Like x 3
  15. Thor Jackson New Player

Pretty sad u can spend 20 bucks but can't be sure are getting a new aura. That's just plain old wrong. Shame on u mepps
    • Like x 1
  16. Steak Sauce New Player

Who says they won't? It's always the same. Look at new powers: they bring out an OP powerset, wait for a ton of people to buy respec tokens, and then nerf it (and the excuse for the nerf is the community's outcry on the forums). Same old, same old. They're gonna make a ton of cash with these boxes, and a few months from now they might put those auras on the marketplace. But as long as there are suckers who fall for it, this won't change. So vote with your wallets and don't buy those boxes.
    • Like x 3
  17. TankKC12 New Player

Common auras should not be in this box.. Good on anyone who think it's worth the risk to shell off $60 for an "possible" Aura but that and replays are the only worthwhile things in this bundle.

Or as others have pointed out, just stagger the boxes based on Aura and charge a min for the ultra rare bundle.
    But alas someone is going to be foolish enough to drop like 60-100 for one of these things so I'm sure you are just fine with that lol
    • Like x 3
  18. Crimson Jonni New Player

Inb4 Purple aura.
    • Like x 2
  19. InsideRage New Player

So I PAID the $44.99 Price Point and did not get the CREDIT I issued a TROUBLESHOOT and got a response telling me to power down MY system for ten minutes try a hard reboot (all of which I DID prior to the TROUBLESHOOT) Then to contact
    I have been a Legendary Player since the disc version came out for PS3 I have NEVER had my account lapse and have made no changes to my payment information and have bought extras including armories without fail.
    I am a 41 year old 100% disabled veteran father of two, who has been loyal to your game since the beginnings and brushing me off without assistance with some basic links for noobs and saying I need to troubleshoot my system INSTEAD or checking the ORDER NUMBER seeing the funds were paid and crediting my account. SO PLEASE help or either delete my account credit my card for unused time and the funds I paid today that you sent an EMAIL confirming and my bank shows the withdraw. Telling me to contact SCEA and Telling me Good Luck...
    YOUR lack of customer service is unsatisfactory and if you want to treat me this way I would rather not play your product, stop my kids from spending my money on your games and tell as MANY people as I can the way you treated me today when the evidence shows that I paid for the product you FAILED to deliver. I LOVE DCUO but will not stand for paying you $45 telling me player 101 help tips and Good Luck on Calling this number. I don't want to leave but without your help fixing this I will :(
    • Like x 1
  20. Juliefoo New Player

I don't like the idea of the random drop in a box that you pay money for. Most people get screwed and end up with a purple aura while a small few end up with a item that is worth millions and millions and millions of dollars. I would much rather have it available in the marketplace available to buy. I still believe the rare auras should have customizable colors. the marketplace could be expanded with lots of styles that lots of people would be more than willing to pay money for. many people that i play we are more than willing to spend money on replay badges play the same level over and over again just to get that one style.
    • Like x 4