New Elite Alert on Wednesday will bring massive hate to the dps population

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Theblackcat456, Aug 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Backseid Devoted Player

It's ok. I have 5 min to spare ;)
  2. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Why, because someone has taken the time to get SP and get at least Syn mods or even Beta for the affinty bonus? Not, it is not an elitest thought, it is truth.

I have seen to many players FAIL as DPS and get carried through content because they lack SP or mods.

With the same breath, some powers will not be used as a DPS for the new Elite Alert - HL, Rage, Nature, Electric and maybe even Celestial... Ice maybe even not taken due to the last boss timing. Players will want fast burst damage powers, Mental and Gadgets seem to fit that bill nicely.
    • Like x 1
  3. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Loadout is key. Imagine an ICE DPS not even using the AM or even WM. That 5 minutes just became an half hour pluse what the alert alreayd takes.
  4. Pink Revenge Committed Player

we call that getting carried. it's not new. or cute. ;)
    • Like x 2
  5. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Me personally. I will not exclude any Dps power. I expect all dps no matter what power he/she is to out damage support role. I know a HL player that can get the job done and yes he is modded.

I know a strong Celestial Dps as well and I can't wait to play with this guy ( you know who you are ;)). When I think of a weak dps I don't think of there powerset, but there performance with in the powerset.

When there a weak, troll, healer, tank, the dps will kick them with no hesitation but a weak dps who couldn't out dps a support role is tolerated.

Me personally, I think Dps will be on a even playing field with support roles now since every one will expect them to put up good damage, and not be dragged along in game.
    We shall see
    • Like x 2
  6. Backseid Devoted Player

Idk. I just really hate what they did to this game. Everyone MUST have the same 6 powers, in the same 6 slots, or its the end of the world.

Pff. My week break my just continue. I do need 2 of the 120 drops, but so what? There's 0 reason to get them.

Whatever, you all can take your AM's & WM and play this DCoD quick death match game.

(Nothing against you Begnal, just ranting in my response)
    • Like x 1
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

If all the players in the mission have no Mods and low SP....... and still they completed the mission....

Then who carried who???? :confused:
    • Like x 2
  8. SasquaT Dedicated Player

im sure people will find some way to run it with 1 tank and 3 dps in few days :)
  9. Backseid Devoted Player

Really?

Worst idea ever.
  10. Sore Steadfast Player

If I recall correctly, the elite alert will not have roleless buffs turned on. So I kind of doubt it unless some exploit is discovered and subsequently patched.
    • Like x 2
  11. CdnAtheist Well-Known Player

- On the first part, just a question, alphas also get you the affinity bonus, right? Just wondering.
    - On the second part, I understand the mods (the affinity bonuses), but with respect to SP, once you get the 1st row crits, I would disagree.
    - I completely agree on the third point. I am hoping I get the chance to DPS on my Quantum, since my other three are HL, Rage, and Electric.
  12. Dipin Gujral Committed Player

Sorry, have to disagree big time here. Just the mods account for 1138 Might on my DPS build. That's a whole lot of might that you don't have. Also, your 70 SP for crits will weigh much less to my 236 SP giving me access to 10 bottom trees.

So maybe, you need to reconsider your statement.
  13. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

When i started the game SUCK..here is why...Call out for powers as DPS were HL and Gadgets...every other power was shunned, why cause they could not do the damage those powers produced prior to GU36. Also, 3 trolls in content was the norm with a lot of disrespect towards the troll; focus on powering the DPS.

Most groups for LFG were 1 - tank, 1 - healer, 3- trolls and 3 DPS or 1-tank, 1-healer, 2-trolls and 4-DPS.

Trolls were excessively abused and many left due to that.

Fast forward WM and AM made a troll life easier. Now we see more 1-1-1-5 groups. Eventually WM was kicked to the curb for AM as now AM out pace WM for damage; not that long ago WM and AM were similar in damage, now it is pure AM. I did predict that and many laughed at me stating that WM and AM would always be similar in damage. Now I'm laughing about that.

With the increase in weapon damage we are seeing today, I predict WM will be removed to help with the lack of memory on the PS3 so that the development team can work on releasing the next power. Yeah, I just wrote that.

The game also had to change to cater to a change in the community; there are more players new to the game that older players just would not help. I myself had to go out of my way to learn things for Light DPSing priot to WM and Troll. Eventually WM came and the AM. These change make it easier for players who are new and might need a bit of help. Max Damage mod was another change to make it easier for players. Here is my thing, I remember not having max damage mod and I remember when P. Strike was preferred over Core Strength. I remember looking into how to improve my damage than Max Damage mod was released.

The developers have made DPS easier but like other have stated, once you learned the mechanic / muscle movement with the old method vs the new methods, it was easy being a DPS. There just has been so many changes that some players simply did not like the changes and moved on, thinking DCUO is like CoD or other first person shooter games.

Let me know if you have SS or true flight in CoD. Maybe flight is coming there but SS, i don't think so.

Change is one thing in life we can expect to happen, and we like or not like the change. We can move on if it is something that allows it, such as quitting DCUO. Some others will like the change and pick up the game and start playing.

For me I'm neutral. I have seen the end of the old way and the beginning of the new. I have seen imbalance and I cansorta see where the game is heading with balancing. I may take a break for a bit to play ESO or another game, but I will come back as DCUO is different. Not too many SuperHero MMO out there where the developers are constantly tweaking to improve the game and deliver new content.
  14. Backseid Devoted Player

Wasn't there a point in that one vid where Mepps actually says something in this alert is the way it is so groups can choose NOT to bring a healer?

When I herd that, I was expecting an uproar here.

Maybe I misunderstood? I was exercising whIle watching it. Lol
  15. Dipin Gujral Committed Player

That is why you spent 3 hours wiping in BP instead of completing the same in 10 minutes.
  16. Backseid Devoted Player

Elite is a joke due to the way they have it unlock. That's such a BS system. It's why I have only been able to run ONE elite instance ever.
  17. ErnieB Loyal Player

and what will happen when people only ask for the OP dps, the ones that don't need mods to do high damage?
    • Like x 1
  18. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

The elite alert will not share the same loot lock system as the regular alert.
    • Like x 2
  19. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

I know I wont be apart of that. And To be honest I out dps a 127 ice dps as a troll cause he wasn't modded with no skill points. So If I see those type of dps I'm leaving
  20. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Then ppl will run with thier leagues and everything will return to normal
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.