New Elite Alert on Wednesday will bring massive hate to the dps population

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Theblackcat456, Aug 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErnieB Loyal Player

That's the problem, people focus too much on SP and OP powers, my main is Light, and now thanks to the devs giving up on it I'll have a harder time running the content, this is why I'm against the highest gear being on raids, because they will never bother to fix Light, and because of this I'm always having to be a scoreboard chaser, only because I run the risk of getting kicked because my power was made to give low damage. Also SP isn't as important now, you don't need 200 to beat anything, 100 is enough, today someone was asking for CR 128 SP 200 for death proof, people got that at 116, but because there is an unwritten rule that SP is the only thing that says how good you are, they rather have a 200 sp dps, than a 100 sp good dps. But hey you want to run with the OP dps, fine by me, just don't do what most of the others do, come to the forums complaining content is too easy and too short.
    • Like x 1
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

Not sure why folks are still holding on to this notion. With the Tunso testing we've been doing to help with the balance process, I can tell you that SP and mods make a big difference. In the TT, we just spec the crits, but use no mods outside of the Max Damage hands mod. With the live test, we spec 160 SP and mod fully. That takes Celestial DPS from about 17.5k DPS to about 24.5k DPS. I'd call that significant.
    • Like x 7
  3. ErnieB Loyal Player

if you out dps him, something else must have been going on.
    • Like x 2
  4. ErnieB Loyal Player

if they run with their leagues, that means they already have high CR and SP.
  5. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I'm excited that this will create more of a demand for support roles. Should be interesting to see how it all shakes out :D
    • Like x 1
  6. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Not always true. The pugging community is starting to die down alot. Seen more and more ppl raid with there leagues only on usps villian.

Now you have a 4 man elite. Most tanks dont pug well the good ones dont. Having a solid league gonna be crucial in September. Hell just having solid friends is all it takes too
    • Like x 1
  7. ErnieB Loyal Player

In my case I'm doing more damage now than I was before, and I don't use mods, one of my toons is 120 and sp 170, and I was neck and neck with a 128 dps.
  8. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

yea he was playing with experience players that know how to capitalize on sp and mods
    • Like x 1
  9. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

Missed texted.

Really meant it in a way to those A holes in LFG looking for Heals with 2nd DPS armory.

"LF Heals Bomb Raid MUST HAVE Dps armory".

Might as well full fledged 5 damage it Out.

Thats what this community is coming to with obsession with burn and time in instances.

This community has grown a short attention span. I remember doing Family Reunion alert .

An 2 109+ players crying at the end about the longevity it. Knew it must of been the first time for them because they both got the feat.

Players these days like instances Short & Sweet.
  10. ErnieB Loyal Player

don't make it sound as if you guys are that much better, that's an elitist way of thinking, he could have been lagging or maybe wasn't even paying attention.
  11. Perseus Chase Committed Player

Will probably gonna run elite with teammate only so I'm good.
    • Like x 1
  12. Sbel Devoted Player

I doubt it'll be that much of a problem. Most of the weak dps will probably realise they're not Elite and stay out of the Elite alert.
  13. ErnieB Loyal Player

ok I'll do some of you a favor:
    LFG 1DPS, MUST BE MIGHT POWER, PREFER EARTH OR SORCERY, MUST HAVE 210 SP AT LEAST, CR 131, MUST HAVE ALL VII MODS, MUST HAVE ALL BASE MODS, EX, FOR RC ELITE
    There you guys can copy that to Shout chat, that way you don't have to worry about what to type.

Oh and devs, thanks again for keeping light buried for so long, it's going to be awesome seeing all those light dps never getting to dps the Elite alert.
  14. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

2 things.
    1.) Your crazy if you think ppl will shout for 131 for elite. It will be 135^. Normally is
    2.) Ppl will shout for mental
  15. ErnieB Loyal Player

yeah my bad, MUST BE 138++++++, there fixed it
    the only thing I was crazy about was thinking the alert would be fun, this thread is already taking the fun out of it.
  16. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

If you want it to be fun simple solution DON'T PUG.
    It's a alert for crying aloud. If you don't have 3 solid friends then you've been playing the mmo wrong.
    • Like x 1
  17. Fies Committed Player

8 targets?
  18. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Yea we was better.
    It not a elitist way of thinking. He was a selfish player cause you know, it's that play how I want attitude. He didn't do pick ups so he could max out his damage and still lost big time. When he had a black aura and died he was expected to get picked up, but did not pick up healers or troll that was next to him.
    This has been so common in raids it sickening

So yes we was better. And yes we kicked him when we inspect him and checked scoreboard.

It is dps turn to feel the heat now. To many dps screaming like they know what there doing when they don't for to long now.
  19. ErnieB Loyal Player

actually because it's an MMO is why my friends shouldn't be my only option, but you know what I won't even bother doing the alert then, clearly my power alone means I wont meet the requirements anyway, so you all enjoy, i'll wait until there is new content for people with the crap powers.
  20. ErnieB Loyal Player

as I said, he mustn't have been paying attention, or just switched over to the power, don't tell me just because he didn't have mods he was bad. as you said his attitude also played a part.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.