New Elite Alert on Wednesday will bring massive hate to the dps population

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Theblackcat456, Aug 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

When the new Elite Alert launches on Wednesday , Incompetent dps will now face the consequences.
    Its designed for a balanced group of all roles.

So those terrible brainless dps with High cr but no mods, low sp and no functional loadout will recieve backlash from others. There's no more carrying present here, One dps will be in charge of defeating enemies, and i must laugh at the Poor hope of More than a few being able to fulfill that role without being carried by other dps for once. Seeing bsp with 5 dps and thinking imagine if that guy at the support role damage would have to solo dps the Elite Alert despite High cr. Interesting to see later.
    • Like x 14
  2. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Mods really don't make that much of a difference any more. Someone who knows how to do damage reasonably well will be able to do just fine. Sp even less. As long as you have all the crit bonuses which are like 70 ish sp you'll be fine.
    • Like x 7
  3. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

I have to disagree ,it all adds up and having those missing just gives people ammunition to use against those who cant deal enough damage.
    • Like x 8
  4. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

If only the devs had the balls to put role locks in elite content. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 7
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

<--Terrible Brainless Support with no Mods and low SP

And still completes it

:D
    • Like x 14
  6. Jumpnit Dedicated Player

I do agree with you that the elite alert with be a reality check for a lot of mediocre DPS but with such weak bonuses you get from the elite affinities I doubt most people will even care to do the elite alert for the most part.
    • Like x 3
  7. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

so you're saying there are players who are not as good as others? :eek:
    shocker.
    • Like x 3
  8. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

hmm think about this there is still dps with 40-50sp :p Wow imagine that in a Elite Alert. Glad i got my Sp :D and i am glad i play support role :p
    • Like x 2
  9. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

Even the normal alert i imagine , i have no info on their healthpools but you can assume dcuo does not disappoint with bringing over-durable enemies in content which is why we see 5dps so commonly in raids.
    • Like x 1
  10. Ichiro Loyal Player

Isn't there already massive hate on the dps population?:confused:
    • Like x 2
  11. ErnieB Loyal Player

This....THIS.....is such an elitist statement, this thread should be locked on this alone.
    • Like x 4
  12. ErnieB Loyal Player

Look at the video for the alert, they did it in 40 minutes with 1 dps, and only because the bosses have ridiculous health pools.
    • Like x 1
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Would not matter.

People would queue as a Role..... but play as a DPS still.

Heck people already do that.

They queue as both ROLE and DPS to speed up the queue process...... but have no intention to play as a ROLE.
    • Like x 4
  14. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

Not as good is a understatement, im talking about those who only deal a fraction of the others, like several several millions apart.
    • Like x 2
  15. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

At least in the normal alert there is a chance of 2 dps runs as people get gear.

I actually created my first hybrid healer armory back when AF2 came out. I was running RTN and AOD with role optional alerts turned off, and kept getting weak dps. It was painfully obvious the first few weeks being in those alerts for 15 min vs. 45 min, on RTN especially. I still have my armory with a mix of dps gear, and WM combos to help with damage.
  16. HarryHell Well-Known Player

Elite raids and now alert, are meant for the very best players, not meant to be easy, not meant to be able to be done by ppl being carried to max cr and have 50 SP, and no real idea on how to play the game. Ie. today i outdpsed a 127 fire dps in new duo as a 130 celest healer, had to teach 2 cr-130's on how to do T7A LB as a 112 elec dps, those ppl are deffo not rdy for elite alert.

And devs doing something to make support roles more needed is long overdue, it should be ran 1-1-1-1, its not exactly hard getting gear to be able to dual role today, and everyone will benefit at least from understanding to play more then 1 role.
    • Like x 5
  17. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

This probably will bring a lot of pressure onto DPS but the only players pressuring DPS are the impatient stupid players. Always remember that.

I advise players to run with people you enjoy running with, if you run into a great DPS, introduce yourself and befriend them. It's not that hard. Bad players have a way to self-eradicate themselves and by all means I believe they deserve this entitlement to self eradication :)
    • Like x 12
  18. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

Its the truth and reality, many dps have become greatly dependent on other dps, so much so, they need others to complete their job for them,its reality.
    • Like x 4
  19. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Yup.

I could spec less than half of my SP, and keep my current mods (regular synthetics and some betas for the affinities) and not notice much of a difference in my damage.
    • Like x 4
  20. ErnieB Loyal Player

WAIT WAIT WAIT......YOU MEAN TO TELL ME IN AN MMO, PEOPLE DEPEND ON OTHERS?????, NAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.