New Elite Alert on Wednesday will bring massive hate to the dps population

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Theblackcat456, Aug 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

"So much so they need others to complete their job for them " Read it properly
    • Like x 4
  2. ErnieB Loyal Player

you do know that most times, almost every time actually, when that happens is because the low dps is using an unbalanced power, like Light, and needs the OP dps, say Ice, to help him, that isn't the Light dps fault, it's the devs for not caring.
    • Like x 1
  3. amazingmanll New Player

DPS deserve this. Nuff said
    • Like x 4
  4. Backseid Devoted Player

I'm not going to even bother reading the other responses.

What game are you playing? A DPS w/o mods and crappy loadout can beat any content. So long as there's no other DPS to compare numbers to, no one will know the difference.

Sorry to burst your little hate thread. Get real.
    • Like x 1
  5. RTHERMITE Well-Known Player

I want to see a video by the first group to complete the elite alert, using only support roles, no dps. if they can beat it, without spending 5 hours doing it, will prove that the dps is not needed, if it is more of a problem without one, then please stop with the dps are horrible threads. this game needs all rolls, plain and simple. excluding one type of roll is only hurting the game as a whole.
    • Like x 1
  6. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

Please invite dps without mods, poor sp and as u said a crappy loadout and enjoy the Alert, it will be a long and fun experience im sure ^-^
    • Like x 5
  7. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

Elite content isn't for everybody.
    • Like x 4
  8. amazingmanll New Player

DPS ?
  9. Venus Void Dedicated Player

Well your title sounded a little negative, but your post actually sounds like a good thing.
  10. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

True but who decides? Players with poor effectiveness but good cr will assume they can just queue up and play without issues, thats when the massive hate will come.
    • Like x 1
  11. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

They need to implement Role Lock.

Elite is still gonna turn into 2-1-1. or Be exploited or Glitched to push 2-1-1.

Especially when we have people hitting max CR when content drops in two days or less.

Like every other hard / elite content that has been released.
    • Like x 5
  12. Biskits New Player

I find it funny that Light and Celes are the only powers people are looking at and saying that they need a buff. Nature and Electric are completely forgotten about and they received a buff to still be unable to compete.
    Anyways, there are an a abundance of DPS who don't know how to execute their powers, and imo it's going to be a waste of time bringing them into the Elite alert. In elite alert you're going to need to do 1 Tank, 1 Dps, 1 Heal, 1 Troll, (correct me if I'm wrong), so there's no room for incompetent dps. Nobody's going to want to be in that alert for 1 hour because the dps you have doesn't know how to use his AM correctly. This is the run that you'll see all the DPS who don't put effort into the simple AM that is standing right in front of them. I'd avoid running with random people for the Elite alert. Sorry to those whom are league-less or don't get included in their runs in leagues. But the chances of getting a incompetent dps in a random group for The Elite alert are going to be extremely high.
    • Like x 3
  13. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

Elite is a joke to me personally.

Especially the way this community short-cuts an exploits any and everything they can to finish instances faster then call themselves competent.
    • Like x 4
  14. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Day 1, two hours after DLC release:

"Ok, lets try with 2 dps."

Day 1, three hours after DLC release:

"Ok, lets try with 3 dps."

Day 1, four hours after DLC release:

"Now, just for fun, with all four dpsing!"

Day 1, five hours after DLC release:

"And they call this ELITE?!?! FRACK IT!"
    • Like x 4
  15. lukelucky Devoted Player

Anything that betters new players and DOES NOT punish vets for being here is a huge step in the right directiion.
    • Like x 2
  16. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

5 ppl in an alert?
    • Like x 2
  17. DulcesS Well-Known Player

If this happens... is something bad? I don't think so. They made game is so easy now, everyone can just spam its 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 rotation and that's it. So, it's good if this puts a little pressure on the DPSs. Also keep in mind that this is an elite instance, and elite instances are not ment for everyone, and are not intended to be easy. Those mediocre players that can't accomplish what this instances require have two options: learn to play or just play on normal mode.
    • Like x 2
  18. ChillCat Loyal Player

I think the Dev have the right idea here. The intent is to put out some exclusive styles to encourage support roles to queue. It's a way of encouraging more support roles in content by giving something instead of taking something away.

If I could suggest an improvement to that approach, the elite gear style (shimmering gear) needs to be a bit more distinct from it's base model to be worth chasing. The flowing power animation looks cool enough but in daylight zones and layered with an aura, the animation doesn't stand out enough. It looks too close to the gear it's modeled on due to the glow the base style already presents. For elite to be worth the bragging rights it should have, the reward needs to be more special than what you're planning to give.

An alternate idea would be to create a non-tradable collection drop received at the successful completion of the elite alert. Complete the collection and get something really special like the oft-request GL emblem or a rare base item. Players will break their bank accounts spending RB trying to get a GL emblem. If you want to change the dps-centric mentality, you have to wave a mighty big carrot.
    • Like x 1
  19. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Affinity bonuses.....???
  20. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

No mods and lack of SP can equate to 5-10% loss of damage sometimes more. I ran with a 131 Ice DPS with less than 1/2 my SP and no stat mods, he had the white mods. He had all 120 gear, I have all 118 gear. I did 30% more damage. Here is where mods matter. First boss lunged at both of us. I did not go down, though I was closer, healer healed me and I picked him up. This happened regularly in the run. Mods and SP improve the toon and make the toon have better stats for surviving. It is known thing, players skipping mods and SP have no one to blame but themselves.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.