Name Reclaim Date Set For January 27, 2015!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValourKnight New Player

Fun though it been to watch thou loading screen, I be off to the land of nod. Toodle Pipski old bean :)
  2. itshoneybear Active Player

Well I got Jesus Christ backwards. suseJ tsirhC...Anyone want it? I'll give it to for a Smokey Black Aura.
  3. Silent Juice New Player

Why can't I get the name the juice I checked wave doc and no one has that name on usps so idk I should be able to have it right?
  4. Blue Demon New Player

Cool just got eliminator
  5. Twisted Titan Committed Player

Again that goes to the theory that the PC and PS names are in the same database for this reclaim. Juice is taken on USPC.

At this point I just want to hear some answers from them.
  6. itshoneybear Active Player

Yeah. I think you just have to wait 1 million hours before you can claim it :/ I still ain't got mine.
  7. Kristyana New Player

If they are only allowing one character name across all servers instead of each server individually and that's the reason this isn't going through, I'm going to blow a gasket.
    • Like x 3
  8. Twisted Titan Committed Player

Mepps posted this

9. Kalancarra Level 30

I just found out it's almost that bad...

Apparently the one I wanted is owned by someone on USPS, damn.
  10. Jana Level 30

Meh, just got this response highly doubt that's the problem.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting your in game customer support. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you've experienced. The in-game team is subject to the same naming filters as you are. If a name is failing validation, I'm afraid that it is either taken or not allowed. Please let us know if you have any questions.
  11. DPRINCE New Player

some names are straight up not allowed. like all dc and marvel superhero names and sadly my favorite VA JJ.LOL. sucks right?
  12. Giggles Loyal Player

I agree, but if they are preparing to eventually merge all the servers eventually and this is just one step towards that goal, I can and will forgive them. :)
  13. Elusian Crowd Control

Problem is that some of the freed up names are available like I could technically grab a players name who left ages ago and its actual name got the _iii (yeah eupc has 3 i's).
  14. Vampirebit Well-Known Player

That makes absolutely no sense. Thank you for the information.
    • Like x 3
  15. itshoneybear Active Player

That's the worst thing to do...I waited for my name and it was available and now I can't have it because some US PS player has it and doesn't even use that character -_-
    • Like x 5
  16. itshoneybear Active Player

Might as well be able to play on the same server. What's the point? This is dumb.
  17. TheChromeKnight Well-Known Player

Thanks!

It does make me curious though... what about people who already have the same names on USPC and USPS?
    :eek:

Like... "John smith" on each server logged in within the 18 month limit and so they're names are safe... then what, I wonder?
  18. Kalancarra Level 30

I agree, I don't understand at all why both servers use the same name validation. Makes no sense at all.

Also:

Someone else had the name I wanted just fine until today... don't understand why I can't have it now when they're not using it.
    • Like x 1
  19. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

This is NOT the problem. The name I am trying to take on USPC is a name I have on USPS. It existed before the name change and the character who had it has been renamed and is now BlankedyBlank_I_I (blankedyblank being the name I want). I know this from my friends list. The name in question also now shows as available on the census. It fails validation. And when I try to add said person to my friends list they do not exist.

I have video I took for the devs, but have not posted because I don't want some random tool to get the bright idea of taking the name before I can when the problem is finally resolved. All of that being said, the Above in gray is NOT THE PROBLEM.
  20. Kalancarra Level 30

Well I wouldn't mind... but apparently a lot of people on the PS servers think the PC people cheat. Don't think they'd be happy. :p
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.