Name Reclaim Date Set For January 27, 2015!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Name Reclaim 2015 Date!

As announced previously, names from characters on inactive accounts will soon be reclaimed so that they are again available for anyone to use. Those names will be available to anyone on January 27, 2015.

The name reclaim process will require all servers to be offline on Tuesday, January 27, 2015, beginning at 5:45AM PST. The downtime should last about 4 hours, which means that reclaimed names will become available around 10:00AM PST on January 27.

When the servers are back online, reclaimed names will be available to anyone when creating or renaming characters.

UPDATE: Today's maintenance has been extended by two hours, until 11:45AM PST. Name Reclaim is taking longer than anticipated.

Update 2: We need to extend the downtime by an additional two hours, until 1:45PM PST for all servers to be online. We do expect the US servers to come online before the EU.

Update 3: All servers are unlocking now with names reclaimed!

Update 4: We are investigating slow login times on EU servers.
    • Like x 23
  2. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 12
  3. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

Why does it have to be on a Tuesday?!? I have several meetings that day. :(
    • Like x 2
  4. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

this is going to be interesting haha
    • Like x 3
  5. FaLeX Dedicated Player

Tuesday Morning....

[IMG]
    • Like x 14
  6. SenseIess Well-Known Player

Thanks devs!
    • Like x 4
  7. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

You couldn't have done this on a weekend or Friday night so more people would have a chance. Instead lets do it on a work day, brilliant.
    • Like x 1
  8. Elusian Crowd Control

Tuesday afternoon for the europeans. I think for the time US won't like it. Expected that timeframe. Love it. Gonna catch me 1-2 names for alts on USPC :D
    • Like x 5
  9. Cap New Player

Tuesday morning??? Seriously??? Thanks a lot. It's the US servers we're talking about here but once again US citizens who work for a living get the short end of the stick. It would have killed you guys at SOE to do this in the late afternoon, early evening hours or on a weekend I suppose.
  10. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

^ The irony of that statement. Weekdays are when SOE works, too. ;)

Anyways, I'm really hoping I can grab the original name I wanted for my alt, because I'm pretty sure the person who has it hasn't played in a long time. Pumped up !
    • Like x 3
  11. Abisial Committed Player

Thank god for Exams next week. Early release all week. :p
  12. SirMuttonChops New Player

I call R2D2.
    • Like x 3
  13. BigAl Devoted Player

I betcha there is a download after the down time. ;)
    • Like x 2
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It's all servers hun, not just the US ones. If it was during the afternoon or evening in the US then you'd have us Europeans complaining that we'd be asleep when it was happening. We usually get the short end of the stick here in Europe so it's nice for us to see you getting it for once.

Good luck with your name. :)
    • Like x 10
  15. Reaper501 Well-Known Player

Great news, even spiderdumb goes crazy :p
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  16. AtomicWarfare New Player

I just hope that they get everything right this update. Which means after the hours are up and everyone gets on ps4 users are able to get on problem free.
    • Like x 4
  17. Brendan727 New Player

It doesn't matter when they do it, people will *****. Just be glad that the reclaim is happening damn Ive never seen a bunch of whiners like I have on this forum. I'm stuck at home with a disability and hate down time as well but I CAN find things to do for 4 or 5 hours.
    • Like x 5
  18. Reaper501 Well-Known Player

[IMG]
  19. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

*shakes fist in anger*

I won't be home until 730 pm eat. All the college kids, night shift workers, and unemployment check collectors will get all the good stuff Smh.
  20. AtomicWarfare New Player

lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.