Name Reclaim Date Set For January 27, 2015!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RJTally31 Active Player

I don't Normally use the forums but I don't use the PlayStation and I didn't know I had to look at that server for a Name. I need to find the player with the name Tally on USPS. If some one ca find this player and have them contact me on forums mail or Twitter @RJTally that would be awesome. Thanks
  2. Zernam New Player

Welp...since I can't get the name I wanted (it's on US PS) I changed it into a 2 word name (only 1 space) and it tells me the name is invalid. :confused:

I think I'm going to get a drink lol.
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please PM me that name so we can look into it.
  4. Justice Leaguer New Player

Got some of my original names back from Day 1 which got screwed up with the merges:

Scarlet Streak
    Batbreaker
    Spectral Girl
    Frigid Frost

The others I wanted were still in use, which is no surprise really. I didn't get them back then and they're still in use now.
    • Like x 1
  5. TShinsei New Player

So i didnt even got a chance at the name i wanted, cause the name was on US PC (and got renamed, due inactive), but someone took it in the US PS, since their server went online almos 3 hours before the US PC. Everyone should have a fair chance, or at least make it as it was before, US PS and US PC could have same name since their never gonna meet each other.
  6. The Kid Blurr Well-Known Player

If there's a way for me to do it on this site could you tell me? If not when will you be on USPC?
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

All the servers came online around the same time. No servers went up 3 hours before any others. USPS was showing as up on the DCUO website, but it wasn't actually up.
  8. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

Click on mepps name and start a conversation.
    I'm also having the same issue where the name Im hunting is not on any of the servers but I still can't use it.
    • Like x 1
  9. Equalist New Player

I'm in the same situation, the name I want isn't used anywhere US/EU/PC/PS
  10. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

(REPOST)

We all anticipated a great deal of QQ over people not getting the names they wanted because someone else beat them to the punch. Many members of the community act like petulant children when they do not get what they want. And you cannot please everyone. This was all to be expected, and frankly the fact that you lot (the devs) consistently respond with professionalism and courtesy is quite remarkable given the barrage you are often exposed to.... BUT

...to not get my name on one account because I have it on the other and was not informed... this is very irritating. Especially as I have had a Name Change Device on hand since long before the Name Reclaim of 2015 was announced, on the off-chance the inactive character who had it was ever deleted. And now the name is finally free after a two year wait (when I changed from PS to PC as main account), but I am in my own way because of multiple platforms and I wasn't told.... AND

...I honestly don't know how you can fail to anticipate, basically, just how many people were looking forward to this. The community has been buzzing about it since it was announced. It has seen a large multitude of threads over the past four years requesting exactly this kind of thing. And we know you lot pay attention, because one of the things many of us love about this game is how the devs actually respond to feedback and seek our input, even if you don't always take the direction some of us would prefer.

All of which begs the question: How did this happen?

Truthfully, I don't expect an answer. At the least, not to my satisfaction. Chalk the post up to QQ, if you'd like, but I think these are all valid concerns I've posted. I understand you're all under a great deal of stress and you have a significantly higher workload than normal at the moment. I get that. But I think I speak for everyone when I ask what course of action SOE is planning to take to fix this...

...because, personally, probably the easiest course of action would be to separate the name validation again, at least for a week or two, and then make an announcement before merging them and moving forward with it like that. Because as it is, any other option is going to be a giant debacle. At least doing it this way you can fix it, announce a hotfix, and move on with your lives and everyone (relatively speaking) is happy.
  11. KryptonHealz Well-Known Player

C mon fanboys n girls dcuo needs you to defend them yet again... but then again there kids gotta eat thanks for your money but it's really your own fault for not being psychic
    • Like x 1
  12. Twisted Titan Committed Player

BTW this is the message I received about wanting to refund the name token:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting your in game customer support. I'm afraid that your request will not be granted. I'm very sorry. Please keep in mind that your rename device is transferable to any character on your account via the shared bank. We recommend that you keep it in a safe place for future use.

Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated. Please let us know if you have any questions or require assistance in the future. Best of luck to you!
  13. KryptonHealz Well-Known Player

14. The Kid Blurr Well-Known Player

PM sent
  15. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

Good luck. The response will probably take awhile as mepps has a s**tstorm to handle lol.
  16. Equalist New Player

Let me know what happened, I've got the same problem. (It's not being used anywhere)
  17. The Kid Blurr Well-Known Player

Will do
  18. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Sounds like what I expected. I've never had much luck with SOL ... ahem, I mean SOE ... Support.
    • Like x 1
  19. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

Dito.
  20. Vesper Dedicated Player

I sent you a notice, too. Same problem. Name is available on both servers, but I can't access it. It shows NAME_I on PC, NAME_II on PS, so it should not be a problem.

What really bums me out is that my friend logged in the MINUTE servers were up, made a quick alt with that name, and squatted on it until I could log. As soon as I was on, he pm-d me, we coordinated, he deleted the toon.....and nuthin.

Can't use the name at all. DCUOlive even shows the deleted toon. :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.